Spraying Plants????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir_Tokie

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents...I have a question...I have read that spraying your plants has it's downfalls when growing indoors...The most common one i hear about is the water droplets on the plant magnifying and burning your plant? Not that i do spray my plants, never have but was just wondering the logic behind this? I have only grown indoors once now on my 2nd grow I have grown outdoors for over 20+ yrs off and on and i have been in my garden before and seen it rain on my plants and then the sun comes right back out..."And Never have I seen droplets magnifyand burn my plants...My thought is and this is just my opinion no indoor light even compares to the suns magnification...So i guess what i am asking is what is everyones thought on this....well take care....:D

Yeah I do agree with you I haven't see this effect on my plants either. I only spray them when there in veg to improve humidiy a bit but during flowering never! Its a great way to get mold going, more so if they stay wet when the lights go out

This talk of it possibly burning oyur plants is more from the heat and light out put of a HID light if its too close and your foiler feeding. I have seen it happen, when i got my HID i had it about 5-6 inches of the plant tops and was misting while in veg and it burnt a bit of fan leaf as the mist was drying back up. I think it was more from the rapid drying that caused it than anything else.

Add a drop of dish washing liquid to your foliar spray. It will prevent droplets from forming by acting as a wetting agent;).

Latest posts

Back