Staggered start question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadoed

peeking out
Reaction score
I've got three plants going right now in the 4th week of flower. As I had some trouble germinating this time around, one of them is about 3 weeks older than the other two. Does this mean that the first one will finish before the other two? They were all put into 12/12 at the same time. I held off flowering the first one to let the other two catch up a bit. Any opinions appreciated! :)

if they were all put into 12/12 at the same time... and they r all the same strain... they'll all get done at the same time.

I start clones at the same time but for what reason or another you never plant them at the same time. They always finish at the same time though. You should have no probs with that.

These are all the same unknown bagseed strain. At least, they all came out of the same bag. :D

What's interesting is the older plant has much more well-developed buds at this stage. More developed in appearance and aroma. The younger plants' buds look a bit scraggly and have nearly no smell compared to the older plant. If they all finish at the same time I wonder why that might be. Further, the older plant got a little stunted early on in veg due to a calcium over-abundance, but it certainly looks to be the best yielder at the moment. All have gotten the same lighting and nutrients, so could this be due to the older plant having been in veg longer? If so, that might be a good reason to veg them past the alternating node stage. Any thoughts?

shadoed said:
These are all the same unknown bagseed strain. At least, they all came out of the same bag. :D

What's interesting is the older plant has much more well-developed buds at this stage. More developed in appearance and aroma. The younger plants' buds look a bit scraggly and have nearly no smell compared to the older plant. If they all finish at the same time I wonder why that might be. Further, the older plant got a little stunted early on in veg due to a calcium over-abundance, but it certainly looks to be the best yielder at the moment. All have gotten the same lighting and nutrients, so could this be due to the older plant having been in veg longer? If so, that might be a good reason to veg them past the alternating node stage. Any thoughts?

well finish within a week of each other or so usually

Latest posts

Back