stealth armoire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hemp Goddess said:
Are there any reflecability figures on that insulation? We all know that just because something looks like it is reflective doesn't necessarily mean that it is. I am going to be constructing a temporary space this winter and wondered about it, but hesitate to use something without known qualities.

not on the package. i'll do a google search. use it anyway, and cover it with something more reflective. its a good insulator.
:48:

update: gave the clones away after they rooted, and popped 5 beans.

strain: delta 9 seeds - southern lights aka white star.

description: Delta 9 Labs Southern Lights takes its name from it's limbs, which are coated in trichomes that point outwards from the plants body like rays of light in every direction. This strain is the Sativa-dominant progeny of two extremely well accalaimed strains; Sensi Star from Paradise Seeds' (winner of Highlife and High Times awards in 1999 and 2000) and New York City Diesel from Soma (a three-time Cannabis Cup winner and a long-standing favourite amoung the Amsterdam crowd). Conventional wisdom says that Sativa's give smokers a head high in contrast to the Indica body stone. Delta 9 Labs Southern Lights successfully mixes the two for a buzz that both tingles the pores and opens the third eye. Recommended for indoor gardens, this variety’s flowers may begin to reach maturity at around nine weeks but the average time is closer to ten weeks. Strain Type: Sativa 80% / Indica 20% Flowering Time: 75-80 days

all 5 have already cracked. i'll update again when they break ground.

update: the southern lights are about 3 weeks old now. the armoire is complete. the booster fan couldn't keep the cab cool enough when running the light at 400 watts. so i drilled a hole into the attic where i hooked up my 6" inline fan. i'm very happy with the results. its almost completely silent.

after 2 days of testing, the armoire sits at a comfy 78F-80F, and 30%-35% RH. the plants seem to love it.

the plants have been topped once, at the 3rd node. the 6 new shoots emerging will be topped once as well. then they will be woven into the net after sexing.

hoping for at least 2 of the 4 to be girls.

SL 3weeks 1.jpg

SL 3weeks 2.jpg

SL 3weeks 3.jpg

Is that insulation material that you have on the inside of the cabinet "reflectix" from the home depot/lowes? If so that has a 95%reflectivity and an R4 insulation value.

The kids are looking real good :)

Hushpuppy said:
Is that insulation material that you have on the inside of the cabinet "reflectix" from the home depot/lowes? If so that has a 95%reflectivity and an R4 insulation value.

The kids are looking real good :)

thanks for the stats hush. yes it is reflectix, got it at lowes. this stuff was so easy to work with too.

just trucking along. transplanted into the 2 gal smart pots. they haven't shown sex yet, but i don't suppose they will for another 3 weeks at least.

20131103_174044 (1).jpg

20131103_173601 (1).jpg

Hey I noticed that you are using an HPS bulb for the vegging plants. (the very yellow looking light in the pics) Here is a MH bulb that is supposed to produce the proper vegging spectrum that may help them kids fill out better: hxxp://www.hpsgrowlightstore.com/hps1510/best-grow-light-systems/grow-light-bulbs/ipower-grow-light-400w-metal-halide-bulb.html
I would use this bulb for vegging then switch to the HPS bulb for flowering. Not all MH bulbs put out the 6500k spectrum, most put out 5000k which is too much green light, but there are a few manufacturers that produce the 6500k which is best for veg. But If you just want to stay with the HPS, it does work as we can see. :)

the only reason the light is on, is because i've been testing how low i can set my speed controller on my 6" inline fan, while still keeping the space cool. i'm looking for that balance between sufficient air exchange and stealth. i'm using a t5, i just remove it so i can take the pics.

approx 5 weeks old.
day 2 of 12/12
1 confirmed female, hoping for at least 1 more.

all are looking very tight and healthy. my only concern is that branching gets very thick and woody very fast. i might have to re think the scrog, but i have time to re-visit this issue later. they'll stay in flower till sex is determined, then re-veg till the canopy is full.

stay up, SB :48:

1.jpg

2.jpg

They look nice and healthy. The kid in the first pic is definitely a female. I can see the hairs :eek:

1 female 3 males... it's sad but it happens. i kept the best looking male to harvest pollen, which may or may not be used in the future. going to clone the girl, stake her, and grow her out. i'll scrog either 2 or 4 girls the next go round.

and then there was 1...

1 female, 3 males. 2 of the 3 males were culled. the remaining male has been separated from the female. both will continue with 12/12. so week 2 of 12/12 starts tomorrow.

only pics of the female this time SL#2

111.jpg

222.jpg

trillions of atoms said:
Keep it up!!! :D

Hushpuppy said:
Good looking plant. I hope you got a few cuttings :)

yeah a few, i'll take a few more as well after the stretch. thanks for comin by hush

week 3 starts tomorrow. let the buds begin. sites are starting to take form. i'm unsure if the minimal stretch is strain dependent or just this pheno. all i know is i'm extremely impressed with how little stretch there was.
that goes for both sexes, the male is showing similar results. almost no stretch at all.

i've got 1 clone with roots popping through the RR. she got transplanted in small container and put under 24/0. just waiting on the other 3, but they were only cut 5 days ago. so just waiting for now.

ttt.1.jpg

uuu.1.jpg

yyy.1.jpg

Latest posts

Back