Storing Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tberman333

Reaction score
I have a question that I was hoping I could get answered. A while ago I made some oil for cooking (a simple recipe of simmering oil with some bud), then made brownies with the oil. I know there are better techniques for doing this, but mine was simple and it worked.

Here is the only issue... I made twice as much oil as I needed for the brownies. The first batch of brownies (made at the time the oil was made) came out great. I then just kept the rest of the oil in a container at room temp and did not make more brownies for about 3 or 4 months. The second batch of brownies (made with the stored oil) did not come out as well. I think the oil lost some potency from just sitting.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to keep oil for a while so it will not lose anything.

Thanks for the help!

If you left the oil out in the light it would degrade the thc and become greatly less potent, canna oils need to be kept in cool dark places away from light, shake when next used after storing.

Thank you very much... maybe the problem was just that I did not shake it, or maybe it was in my head... I did store it in a sealed container in a cool place (pantry closet).

Thanks for the help.

Also, I have been reading a little on this forum... what a great site... happy I found it today!:D

Latest posts

Back