Strains for pain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

legalize_freedom

I recently was asked by a friend to help decide on a good strain to help with knee pain. I have several books, and about a yr of treating yourself mag, also obviousely the internet to use as reference, but I wanted to get oppinions here from people who have used/grown for pain relief. What strains work best for you. The friend will be growing it, and this will be the second or third grow for them, so I think it would help if it was a easy, beginner strain if this is possable, I figured probably a good indica...but I just wanted some specific strains that ya'll use to narrow down my search. I will be available to the friend for assistence through out the grow, so if it has to be one of the harder, more finicky strains, I'm pretty confident that I can help him through any problems that may evolve. Thanks for anyone that chimes in!

I havnt grown it myself but I have heard great things about Aurora Indica. Check it out.

:ciao: mornin LF, did a lot of lookin at the TUDE b4 the big freeby thing, for my wifes and my pain. we came up with:
white castle- ordered these
white rhino
snow white
all easy grows, and under $50, reg or fem. hope this helps $

Thanks guys...and I'm still accepting more oppinions....so keep em coming!

hey legalize freedom , im currently growing LA woman , im keepin half the bud for me and my gf and using the trim/bud to make canna butter to use in food and such for my mum (she dosnt smoke) for pain relief for fibromyalgia. they prescribed a bunch of medication for her but not all of it agrees with her and when she takes all the ones shes meant to she has terrible trouble sleeping. so when i get the results from my la woman which should be within a fortnight hopefuly il be sure to let you know how things work out bud.

Thank you HGH I posted to your thread in the introduce yourself sec. about the same thing, if I find anything that will benefit your mom...in my search I will let you know!

Yo Legal, as a amputee I can say That Bubba Kush and Blue Thunder are on the top of the pain side for me and they say "to each his own ". Of course I wake up with Mango and soon Pineapple express...~ Meds

Hey Legal, for what it's worth...about 2 years ago this month, my hubby had an accident w/his chainsaw and cut his leg :eek: , lots of nerve damage, etc. He had a lot of pain, but doesn't like taking pain pills, I had grown some White Widow the previous summer and read somewhere that it helps with pain, so had him try it and it really helped him a lot. (btw, he is fine now, except no feeling in his foot :( )

Legalize - Skywalker is a good med. indica. I have a close freind w/ MS and prefers the smoke over my other strains. She claims it really helps relax the muscles while not plastering her all over the couch....

I myself like Train wreck for pain. I have tasted Medicine Woman and I want to grow that one. I didn't get super stoned, but my muscles felt as though they were melting, (in a good way)

I don't like Mendela for pain.

That would be my 2cents. Oh, I am trying g13 now. Will let you know in a few months

I don't have much in they way of pain relief needs, but my purple kush might be interesting to you. This might sound odd, but when I smoke her and the buzz is coming on I can close my eyes and almost get the sensation of a nice neck and shoulder rub. It's an interesting mode of relaxation that starts immediately, like on the first or second exhale. Out of all the strains I have , it's the only one that begins in my upper torso like that. Very calming and enjoyable. Is it all just in my mind? I dunno man, but it works the same every time and I have really grown to enjoy it some nights... In comparison, for me, most others either start behind my eyes and give me "fat head", like wearing a hat that is 2 sizes too small, or a tingling/buzzing sensation along my back and arms. The PK is more like... Like a deep muscle rush in my shoulders. If that makes any sense to you at all, then there's my 2 cents:cool:

Hey thanks alot for the help ...all of you. I guess we'll just have to try a couple and see where it takes us. Thanks for your input!

My only current experience atm would be my SnowWhites and they're femmed from Nirvana. Had a very ez time growin these fem's. The buzz is a very strong physical with a minor creepin head high that comes in after the strong indica hits ya. BEWARE, THIS IS NOT A LIGHT SMOKE.

It lasts a good two hours and it ends with a very sedative effect so for those of us dealing with pain, its very good to medicate with. Preliminary toke tests have revealed that it a creeper and it takes a full 15-20 minutes for the high to wax and begin to wane eversoslightly at the hour and a half mark and is gone w/in two + hours. VERY MEDICINAL.

I hear a lot of scuttlebutt about white rhino and I happen to have a test baggie of reg wr hybrid called Critically (S)mashed. Think I'll plantem and see whats up.

peace -

Hey bud. Just got through with a couple of bons of roadrunner. Now this helped stop the throbbing of surgery. For cold days where the damn thing pops all day. A nice blueberry or white widow will do great. Doing some more reasearch. Got a bluehell from medical seeds in flower as well as a few other strains to see which ailments they help! Keep ya posted!

Sweet Island is awesome for my knee pains. I also take WonderBerry for th pinched nerves in my shoulder.

skywalker is def worth looking into,very easy to grow,yeilds above average and is very easy on the lungs ,chemdog dd was a very easy plant,average yeild but the end product is mind blowing ,no pain at all with this one and i love my weed,world of seeds madness is a c99 cross well worth the effort,nirvanas white rhino or northern lights

legalize_freedom said:
I recently was asked by a friend to help decide on a good strain to help with knee pain. I have several books, and about a yr of treating yourself mag, also obviousely the internet to use as reference, but I wanted to get oppinions here from people who have used/grown for pain relief. What strains work best for you. The friend will be growing it, and this will be the second or third grow for them, so I think it would help if it was a easy, beginner strain if this is possable, I figured probably a good indica...but I just wanted some specific strains that ya'll use to narrow down my search. I will be available to the friend for assistence through out the grow, so if it has to be one of the harder, more finicky strains, I'm pretty confident that I can help him through any problems that may evolve. Thanks for anyone that chimes in!

great thread, LF! and thanx for all the input y'all

Latest posts

Back