Stringy Newbies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenhead

My Girls!
Reaction score
I have some streaching newbies! The 2nd set of leaves are coming out but the stens are really skinny. Did have a dome on top for a few days till I saw they were starting to get streched and took the heat pad out at the same time I put the lights down
Paper towle method
10.WW standard, 5 Northern Lights X Skunk Fem, 1 S. Skunk fem.
all Attitude seeds
1. Rockwool mini's/ PH stabalized
2. germ. date 4/26
3. 1/4 in. tap root
4. Temp, High 78 low 73 Average 74 RH 42
5. Ionic Nutes (Grow) started on 5/4 seeing start of 2nd set of leaves
(not counting cotyledon) 1/2 strength, 2 tsp. / gal. Hand watering 1X per day
6. PH 5.8
7. Light 4/6500K floro's set at 2 in. from top
8. Moved to 4X4X3 RW cubes on 5/2
Leaves are good in color and look healthy, stalks are looking somewhat purple and thin.
Any advice??

You need a fan moving air across the tops of the plants (all through the grow). The breeze will strengthen the stems. You can also add dirt and bury the stretched part. I don't think the purple stalks mean anything, I've had them, too. Any pics?

Art is correct with the fan statement this is a must to produce strong stems. Purple stems are normal, what you want to watch for is "purple stripes" running up the main stalk this is a sign of PH problems...take care..

Sorry folks I left out the fan, it has been on them since the day i dropped the lights and removed the dome. Art can't do the dirt as this will be a hydro grow PH is 5.8 and ppm is 550, Ionic Grow "Hardwater" our water here is 250 ppm from the tap. Also doing Maxi Crop Seaweed 1X per week
All is looking great but the skinny stems I will post some pic's later.
Server is to busy last 5 tries

Pic's of WW Hope they load this time

2005 charters 012.jpg

2005 charters 009-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back