super silver height issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatordontplay

Reaction score
i have a super silver haze plant three weeks into flowering and is growing up like expected but its growing too talk too quickly. any good ways to keep it growing so tall. pushed it into flower from a 1.5 ft clone cause i needed to add a plant to maximize my space. using 600w hps 16 inches from the top. already tons of crystals and hairs. in a 3 gal bucket. now about 3 ft tall and stretching. already bending so i tied it to a pole. hate to ruin this one cause its looking pretty. any advise would be greatly appreciated. im sure i left some important info out so let me know what else you need for a better solution

I don't know if I would do anything at this point with it as it is already well into flowering and should be slowing down its vertical growth. I tread lightly when in flower to avoid "hermification". If yu are still giving it higher nitrogen in the nutes, yu might want to cut that back depending on how much yer using. If yu don't here from someone with a solid answer, PM Hemp Goddess, or Hick. They can give yu solid answers.:) good luck:)

I would keep bending it over--it is about your only choice at this time. Can you get your light any closer?

You should be close to the end of stretch at 3 weeks. Other than normal bud-stacking, you won't gain much more height. You've got 16" between the lite and the plant, so: 1) That's far enough away to give you some serious unwanted stretch to begin with 2) At 3 weeks into flower, you're not gonna stretch another 30% (that would be adding another foot at this point) which would put the tops within 6" of that lite. I run my 600's 6 to 8" off my tops.

I'm having the same issues, I'm useing little blocks of two by fours and tilting it a little sideways under the lights, its working well, I give them a little turn each evening, but I'm very happy with them girls. I'll take some pics tonight when the lights come on, I've got 9 BLZ x Super Silver Haze plants, they are just super Seeds that this guy gave me. mine are about 45 days into flowering. Man I got a pipe full right now,I 'm so thankfull I have the PC and the website to document and remember stuff besides my calenders,just stay with the plan, lol, anyway thats how I'm dealing with my height issues, I burned a cola a little, a couple weeks ago.

P1080637.JPG

P1080636.JPG

P1080594.JPG

P1080598.JPG

now tonight there all leaning the other direction its only a few inches but it makes a difference, the buds are filling out nicely, this is a BLZxSuper Silver Haze, They musta grew 15inches since i triggered them.

P1080722.JPG

P1080721.JPG

P1080720.JPG

P1080719.JPG

P1080718.JPG

P1080716.JPG

PencilHead said:
You should be close to the end of stretch at 3 weeks. Other than normal bud-stacking, you won't gain much more height. You've got 16" between the lite and the plant, so: 1) That's far enough away to give you some serious unwanted stretch to begin with 2) At 3 weeks into flower, you're not gonna stretch another 30% (that would be adding another foot at this point) which would put the tops within 6" of that lite. I run my 600's 6 to 8" off my tops.

Agreed! Almost done with the growth spurt, ride it out and enjoy! If it gets too big you can always bend her over a bit with a weight or string and tying it to pot!

Right on. Thanks guys. Apparently you get attached to these ladies. Good prep for kids one day. Ive got the other plants blocked up to the same height now. I have one about to be done and looks great but the buds are really small. the main cola is only about 4inches. I have about a week or two left and finally stacked it to the same height, but for future reference, would small buds have to do with distance from the light? It started quickly and the last 3 weeks it hasnt grown much but smells and looks real nice. Trying to get this stuff figured out before the next batch coming. Thanks for the replies

Latest posts

Back