Sweetner Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grotime

Reaction score
I have done a lot of reading, but have not found the answer to this question. I am looking to sweeten the taste of my bud.

I have researched molasses and corn syrup, but have not gotten a deffinitive answer. It looks like it helps the buds grow bigger, but I have never heard that it actually improves flavor. In addition, I don't want to put these thick substances into my hydro res.

I am using gh3, florolicious plus, superthrive, liquid kool bloom, dry kool bloom and epson salt. I have speant years figuring out the best nutes and concentration of nutes for my purpose. I have the buds as big as I want, so I am not looking for an increase of production.

I have also done a lot of trial and error on curing, and have this process down as good as I can.

All I want is a sweeter taste. The type of sweetness that a real good pipe tobacco offers.

I know of a couple additives that supposedly help. Please let me know your expereince, and results. In addition, let me know if you have done before and after tests.

Thanks for any help,

Taste is largely a genetic factor. If you want sweet, I suggest you start looking around for a different strain.

I've heard very few people mention that organic growing brings out more of the flavor in the bud. Explore that as you will, it's the only other idea that comes to mind.

Goodluck! :)

Thanks king bud.

I have done the purps, cali orange, nor lights x big bud, blue mystic and just put some master kush into vedge. The purps, cali orange and blue mystic all smell very sweet, but don't taste sweet. Do you recommend a strain?

Also, I have read up on organic nutes, but haven't heard of any benefit in taste. Has anyone experienced a difference in using organics? Also, it is hard to find a truly organic set of nutes that work well in hydro. I love my current nute regimen, but I am always open minded.

Maybe I am looking for something that can't be done, but I would love to be left with an aftertaste that is similiar to the original smell.

Unfortunately I can't recommend a strain.

How do you smoke it? Maybe vaporizing it will give you the effect you're looking for?

joints, blunts, bowl, steam roller, bubbler and bong. I have been wanting to get a vaporizor, but am waiting until I have the money for a volcano.

That being said, my favorite is a good blunt. I use honey rappers that give it the sweet taste that I want.

Now I am getting pissed off. I am trying to get a new job, so I haven't been able to smoke for 2 weeks, and it looks like it will be a couple more weeks. All this talk about smoking is making my mouth water.

thanks t4t,

I have looked at sugar daddy and flora nector.

Does anyone know if this is hype, or is it really worth
the money?

All this talk about smoking is making my mouth water.
Haha, tell me about it.

I come here and help others grow, yet I don't have a grow going. Imagine that for a second..

and don't get me started on how long it's been since I actually smoked some..

:holysheep:

grotime said:
thanks t4t,

I have looked at sugar daddy and flora nector.

Does anyone know if this is hype, or is it really worth
the money?

I just got mine today so we'll find out soon enough.Richy-B has used it before and said it really enhanced the smell within several hours.

the longer you cure it the sweeter the taist gets.. stick it in a jar and leave it there for months.. open the jar every cpl days or so to let it get fresh air then close it back up.. the longer it sits, well, you get tha point

There is no direct way that watering with sugars will deposit them in the smoke. The sugars are just there to feed the root bed bacteria and fungus. The sugars in the buds are processed by the plant and are genetic. Curing nuggs properly is the only sure way to "sweeten" the smoke, short of planting a sure fire pheno, that you have sampled before.

naw it does i remember my dad would feed our christmas tree diluted sprite would spring the thing up to life while giving it its pine tree smell i used Grandmas molasses unsulphured the "surprise" natural sweetener and its still how you cure your buds after you dry i was in someones journal dont let it dry to much id say a day or to in dark and then strait into paper bag then into jars

I went out and bought General Hydroponics Flora Nectar todat. It is suppose to support production of the natural flavor and aroma of the plant. I put it in the res 10 minutes ago, and will keep you updated.

if you are looking for sweet bud grow your self some Ice cream - from Paradise seeds.

I am growing this and I just love the sugar cookie taste and smell!
the buzz is one of the best!

it is the sweetest bud I have ever smoked!

I grow hydro- I use GH nuits and sweet while budding for all my strains
this Ice cream is the bomb! as I have been told. it's now a new family fav!

Latest posts

Back