Switch from 24/0 - 18/6 ????? help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollingstoned77

Puff Puff PASS!!!
Reaction score
My plants are in the early vegge stage 2 weeks old 3rd going on 4th node . they have been on 24/0 since they sprouted , my question is . some people like 24/0 and some 18/6 . can i switch them to 18/6 now and save on my ballasts and bulbs , or will this affect the plants already established vegge cycle ? will there be a slow in growth beacause of the switch or will this dark period be of help to them ? Thanks for any replies all will be considered . PEACE:D

p.s. here are some pics , pics are day or 2 old.

4-16-07 001.jpg

4-16-07 003.jpg

I wouldnt of thought it will make a difference if you switch to 18/6.

Gives them chance to sleep:D

BTW nice plants bud!

RAD

yea should be fine , im at that stage although i dont have the correct light yet it does look like it helps or in other words it dont effect it :)

Doesn't matter. I'm always afraid of running these ballasts 24/7 myself. I'll even run 24 for 3 days then kick down to 18/6 for a few days then back to 24 for a few more. The plants never showed me a no no no, yet.

Hey thanks for your replies folks ! much appreciated . I think i will plug in the timer tonight and get rollin on the 18/6. TRUST ME if this doesn't work well , i'll be posting pics of my sick girls . I dont think it will , and i hope this wont happen . Thanx again !!! PEACE:D

IMHO it wont hurt.... did the same thing to mine and it did wonderful because it got some shut eye... i noticed that once i switched it they grew actually better because they got some sleep well thats my 2 cents

Latest posts

Back