T5 Bad Boy...First Impression...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PokeyPuppy420

Reaction score
Just bought, received, and assembled a Quantum T5 Bad Boy fixture (8-bulb)...

Wow, they are flimsy...not near as sturdy as the Sunblaze fixtures I have...but they get GREAT reviews...so I decided to try one...

Time will tell if they're worth it...

I love my Sunblaze 4 bulb T5HO! Let me know how you make out with this one in due time. :aok:

Dr. Green Fang said:
I love my Sunblaze 4 bulb T5HO! Let me know how you make out with this one in due time. :aok:

I love my Sunblaze as well...although it's only a 2' fixture, it's tons more sturdy than the 4' Bad Boy...live and learn...the hard way sometimes...

I guess I have a bit more money than I do sense...and I don't have very much money...or sense :)

I have also read alot of great reviews about the t5 badboys like there 54watt bulds there bulbs for veg and bloom they sound promsing I am gonna try them aswell as soon as can affored them

skullcandy said:
I have also read alot of great reviews about the t5 badboys like there 54watt bulds there bulbs for veg and bloom they sound promsing I am gonna try them aswell as soon as can affored them

I have a 4' 8-bulb Badboy with the Badboy grow (blue) bulbs in my veg room. Wow, they are bright and the reflectors are very reflective. I really like mine.

Auburn1985 said:
I have a 4' 8-bulb Badboy with the Badboy grow (blue) bulbs in my veg room. Wow, they are bright and the reflectors are very reflective. I really like mine.

Update:

The 8-bulb fixture with Badboy grow bulbs generates a lot of heat. Not near as much as a 400-watt MH bulb, but still a lot of heat.

heat guessing how much, like enough to need a blower or a fan in the winter with no heat except from the badboy

You always need an exhaust, regardless of heat. Plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis.

Even a 4' 4 tube fixture is going to need exhaust to keep the space cool enough. I use a larger bathroom type exhaust fan for my 2 x 4 closet that has a 4' 4 tube T5. The 8 tube will get hotter and may need a centrifuge type fan to keep cool. Skullcandy, is your grow in the house? What do your outside temps get down to in the winter?

no i use a room separet from my house and the temts in the winter anywhere from single digits to the upper thirtys

Latest posts

Back