T5 bloom bulbs for clones??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KP419

Reaction score
Today I bought 4 2ft. single bulb T5s to use for seedlings and clones. When I got there I realized he only had bloom bulbs with them and I am pretty sure I can use these to light my clones but am not a 100% sure so i figured I would ask you guys. I know the veg bulbs would work better but will the bloom bulbs sufficiently grow my clones? I also have a few soil plants in with my hydro and went out and bought some FFOF soil cuz i have only heard good things about it so transplanted into that soil yesterday so hopefully I get better results as I was only using a basic soil.

You can use them but the blue bulbs will do a better job vegging imo.

I figured as much but as long as the bloom bulbs will grow them for now until i can get some veg bulbs.

Yeah they will work. You can order 6500k bulbs for them fairly cheap. I have found that the bloom bulbs work really well for rooting clones under them. I have 1 single 4' in my clone cabinet and it works ideal, but them once the clones have developed sufficient rootmass I switch on the veg light until I set them in soil. :)

Latest posts

Back