Taking a trip to Amsterdam, trying to do it cheap. Any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timmyjg6 said:
Nice, what you got there? an 1/8th and a 1/4?
they come in grams over there not 1/4 and 1/8ths but honestly i dont remember what those are. It was my first and only time there and I was only there for 36 hours. I stayed high the entire time and we got high b4 we hit our first coffeeshop. My advice is dont buy more than you can smoke cus it sucks to leave it behind :rofl:

Bella420 said:
they come in grams over there not 1/4 and 1/8ths but honestly i dont remember what those are. It was my first and only time there and I was only there for 36 hours. I stayed high the entire time and we got high b4 we hit our first coffeeshop. My advice is dont buy more than you can smoke cus it sucks to leave it behind :rofl:
O, id make sure to roll all the rest into a huge blunt and get faded before the flight home. Sleepy trip home.. LOL

Timmyjg6 said:
Yeah i looked into the hole "fly somewhere else and take a train" but after i added it up it was cheaper for me to just fly there. I think Berlin Germany was one of the cheapest places i could find to fly to. And i don't know why its cheaper then flying to Amsterdam. They make a stop in Amsterdam on the way... Its funny.. But yeah i think it will cost me around 900 for round trip tickets. But hay, can you get me the name of the hotel he stayed at? And when they searched him, the dogs don't go crazy for the smell on him
?
Hey Timmy- He didn't stay in a hotel, he stayed in a "Hostel". Here's a link to hostels in Amsterdam if you want to check it out. Basic necessities, sometimes shared rooms, always shared bathrooms, but real cheap.
hxxp://www.hostels.com/amsterdam

I also have alot of relatives in Holland so they put him up for a few nights also. They told him where to stay when he spent a few nights alone in Amsterdam. I'll see if he remembers the name.

The reason he was searched was because he had spent the previous night in a coffee house and the next morning on the train when they crossed into Germany a guy came down the aisle with a dog. The dog jumped on my son, my son pushed him away. The dog jumped on my son again and my son said to the guy- "What's the problem with your dog?" The guy said it was a drug sniffing dog and smelled drugs on him. That's when they searched him, right there at his seat on the train. Luckily, he was smart enough not to bring anything with him.

O Shi*!! ////////////////Wow, i am not bringing anything on the dam train... Well thanks for the help... I am going to see whats the cheapest way to have a trip to Amsterdam... If anyone else has some money saving ideas i am open to them...

im in the dam for 4 days from 13-16th october timmy and probably staying at the seven bridges hotel .

ill get a link for you but you have to do http instead of hxxp

lol

pkj

hxxp://www.sevenbridgeshotel.nl/

looks very nice indeed and i think ill go for the art deco room lol and btw the prices of all the hotels has gone crazy since my last visit in february this year.

ps hey timmy hope that hurricane missed ya dude

pkj

Check out www.webehigh.com. Its a great cannabis resource for any country in the world. As far as amsterdam goes. Hostel it. You meet great people, and stay cheap. Dont go over a weekend, if you do, book in advance, its impossible to find a place to stay over the weekend there. (even in October) Amsterdam to Brits, is like Vegas to Phoenicians.

Dont worry about the hookers. Prostitution is legal, unionized, and regulated there. its not like HBO's "Hookers at the point." and I assure you, quite a few of them are HOT. Not just hot, but HOT. Check out www.womenoftheworld.nl for a small example.

Prepare to spend a lot of money there. Weed actually costs just about the same as I pay for it in Arizona. Plus, its like candy has been illegal your whole life, and now you are walking into a candy store your first time. You want to try EVERYTHING.

Also, you have to understand the mentality of the Dutch. Most Dutch people don't smoke weed. They just don't care if you do. As long as you don't bother anyone. Many people told me it was illegal to smoke outside of coffee shops. Technically, true. But realistically, its not, its just considered "rude." I actually had the nerve to show a cop there a "reefer" (reefers are pure weed, joints are half weed half tobacco) I asked him if it was ok to smoke it on the street. He looked at me as though I had just asked "Is it legal to piss in a toliet?" and said, "of course."

Drugs are sold on the street by everyone. You walk passed people and they just say things like "cocaine, ecstacy?" Just keep walking. I never bought anything harder than weed or shrooms there (in shops of course) but I am told these street dealers are great at ripping people off. Ignore them, and they won't bother you.

The biggest "culture shock" I had was how civil the place actually was. Its 10x more civil than any place I've found in the US. I was always raised to understand Amsterdam as some Drug & Sex Capitol of the world. It's just not true. You really are free to do your own thing there, as long as you dont mess with anyone else.

Obviously you can smoke in coffee shops, bars though are a different story. Bottom line there, just ask the bartender if you can smoke in there. If they say no, respect it. Otherwise, if you have their permission, have at it.

Out of all the countries I have been to, (only about a dozen) The Netherlands is by far my favorite. Not because weed is virtually legal, but the mentality of the people. Show respect for everyone, and enjoy yourself. A better philosophy I cannot think of.

except the coke etc isnt coke as many a friend found out to their dismay with bleeding noses for a day or so because it was baking soda mixed with ground up glass.

s for liberal i agree whwre else could you walk past a high street store with video's on dislay in the shop window showing someone excreting into someone's open mouth:holysheep: :holysheep: sorry couldn't resist that smilie and full on orgy photo's:holysheep::hubba: .

so as for smoking on the street it's considered not the done thing:eek:

and hookers.yeh some very hot but would you really:rolleyes:

hostels well i stayed in nne 1st trip alongside 3 males friends and 1 female g/f .

we arrive back to ur 4 bunkbed room and ffs there was 3 other girls in the other beds and all were travelling alone.:eek:

well personally i wouldnt want my daughter saying in a room full of strangers:confused:

so timmy im sureyou will enjoy and ill post some pics when ive been and am back home man.

pkj

thanks for the link pj - always good to see nice hotels in amsterdam for when i do go (eventually).

Fadeux just a reminder shrooms are a lot harder than weed. In the UK weed is class C at the moment (i believe) and shrooms are a class A drug.

Hope you both doing ok :)

i've been there several times over the yrs and i love the place.it is so laid back and care free.i would like to live there.i've been to a vast amount of different countries as a merchant seaman for 22 yrs and i still love the dam.have a good time and start thinking about making your next trip.its addicting.i am lucky as i have family members that worked in the airline industry and i get buddy passes.cost me maybe 50 bucks for the tickets.that way i stay in the classiest hotels.i am going againg soon myself.i was gonna take my gf but she has screwed around and not got her passport.oh well.i like traveling alone anyway.good luck and have fun.
oh yeah,my nephew and i went the last time and we caught a train into poland to see some of his friends and had a ball.i think

Well actually it hit me dead on... My house got 4.5 feet of water in it and 2 big pines fell right on... Lost most of my stuff.. But i still have.
1. My motorcycle "my love"
2.47" LCD TV
3. PS3
4. 2 pairs of pants
thats about it, everything else is gone... Ruined.. But i am ok, going to take moor than a dam hurricane, getting busted by the cops, and a horrible motercycle accident to keep me down.... L8r yo, thanks for scarring...

parkingjoe said:
hxxp://www.sevenbridgeshotel.nl/

looks very nice indeed and i think ill go for the art deco room lol and btw the prices of all the hotels has gone crazy since my last visit in february this year.

ps hey timmy hope that hurricane missed ya dude

pkj

Thanks bro, send me a link when you do. I would love to see them... And i will visit one day, might be a year or two but i am still going darnet....

parkingjoe said:
except the coke etc isnt coke as many a friend found out to their dismay with bleeding noses for a day or so because it was baking soda mixed with ground up glass.

s for liberal i agree whwre else could you walk past a high street store with video's on dislay in the shop window showing someone excreting into someone's open mouth:holysheep: :holysheep: sorry couldn't resist that smilie and full on orgy photo's:holysheep::hubba: .

so as for smoking on the street it's considered not the done thing:eek:

and hookers.yeh some very hot but would you really:rolleyes:

hostels well i stayed in nne 1st trip alongside 3 males friends and 1 female g/f .

we arrive back to ur 4 bunkbed room and ffs there was 3 other girls in the other beds and all were travelling alone.:eek:

well personally i wouldnt want my daughter saying in a room full of strangers:confused:

so timmy im sureyou will enjoy and ill post some pics when ive been and am back home man.

pkj

timmy? oh no! Glad to hear you ok though! How ya been, other than hurricane destroying-ness?

Timmyjg6 said:
Well actually it hit me dead on... My house got 4.5 feet of water in it and 2 big pines fell right on... Lost most of my stuff.. But i still have.
1. My motorcycle "my love"
2.47" LCD TV
3. PS3
4. 2 pairs of pants
thats about it, everything else is gone... Ruined.. But i am ok, going to take moor than a dam hurricane, getting busted by the cops, and a horrible motercycle accident to keep me down.... L8r yo, thanks for scarring...

dam sorry to hear that timmy ,,,but you seem to have the right spirit ,,all the best :48:

Iv bin good, i turned 21 so i know have a new hobby... Yeah!!! LOL, but yeah, i haven't smoked in over a month and a half and its quit ocward. Ill be bored and be like, man it would be a lot better if i was high. Or ill watch a movie and think that it would be alot better if i was stoned... O well, im making a list of things to do whenever i can get high.... It is as follows...
A. Go ride a roller coaster
B. Watch verry stupid movie
C. Eat
D. Sleep
Thats about it so far... Im actually back to working out and playing tennis again... Weird... Nice to hear from you thorn, how are you???

Thorn said:
timmy? oh no! Glad to hear you ok though! How ya been, other than hurricane destroying-ness?

roller coasters rock when your stoned! i guess im gonna try goliath at six flags in a few weeks and super man.. the only two i haven't rode baked. im smilin just thinkin about it.

Yeah we had a six flags in down town but i guess they needed money so they sold it and now its just a big chunk of land in the middle of Houston... But i guess ill have to make a trip to San Antonio or Dallas... O well... ROAD TRIP!!

we go to fright feast or how ever you spell it at six flags ever fall. its so funny when your stoned, all the youngins runnin from the people dress up. oh i can't wait. just don't get hungry it will cost a small fortune to eat there.

Hey timmy timmy i'm ok thanks, just plodding along at the moment really. Oh yeah! Rollercoasters are GREAT stoned!!! My first time to a theme park was alton towers last year and it was my first proper roller coaster ride(s) and OMG it was sooooo cool. Oblivion and Rita haha I was ACTUALLY flying! hehe... Marijuana mixed with an adrenaline rush ----- Best darn feeling in the world! They have a really nice garden there too in the middle of the park with a few lakes and PLENTY of nice little hiding places to spark a spliff! :D

Good to hear you doing well. I'm only 2 years older than you... I loved bein 21 hehe! 23 is a bit boring...starting to think I really should actually do something in life. I hear ya on wishing you were high... i hate it when you dont have anything to toke on and everything you do you think ahh I wish I had a smoke!

Latest posts

Back