Talking weed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
It's 8 freakin' weeks for cryin' out loud. How long do you have to wait for your hard work to tell you what it's sportin' under it's skirt? I mean if I DON'T want to start the flower.

Are you saying that you have had plants in veg for 8 weeks and they are not showing preflowers? Take cuts and put them in 12/12 light.

Are you saying that you have had plants in veg for 8 weeks and they are not showing preflowers? Take cuts and put them in 12/12 light.

This, or put the whole plant in 12-12 for a couple days and it should show sex. I am thinking it might have shown and you missed it.

Well, the two little "stipules" I think they're called, at the sides of each node is where I understand should show male or female at whatever point. But I only get stipules with nothing else... no hairs, no pods no nuttin'. So does that seem to be a usual thing? I started out with too much nitrogen out of the gate and stunted it for a couple weeks, but it's come back strong and unfortunately silent so far.

So...... I get about flowering the whole plant which I'd rather not do just yet until I know I can commit to the whole flower cycle and I'm not ready to start up my next grow area yet. If I take a cutting, I'll need a second area to light it with just to do the check and that's not a thing yet either. I feel kinda stuck in a way so maybe what I really need to know for the moment is, how long can I just leave the plant in veg before it loses its virility, or even does it lose flowering bulk or potency beyond a certain point.......assuming it's female at all?

Taking a cutting and sexing doesnt take much space at all. If you have a room or closet or even a pantry you dont go in much, a simple table light will do. A friend of mine does his on a work bench in his basement that doesn't have any windows. No prep or grow space, just out in the open on a table with a 75w cfl next to them and turns it on before he goes to work and turns it off when he gets home. He usually sees results within a week or 2.

OK
Just cleaned out a friends freezer and way way in the bottom we found Gold
Yep Gold , packages of gold weed from 2013 grow we did.
Forget but sort of knew there was a rainy day supply way down below the rations.
Just smoked an almost 6 yr old weed and it is still GREAT, Not sure on the strain but its leaning Indica for sure
Nice mellow head , body high.
I forgot I could grow weed this good.
Passing to my right...............

OK
Just cleaned out a friends freezer and way way in the bottom we found Gold
Yep Gold , packages of gold weed from 2013 grow we did.
Forget but sort of knew there was a rainy day supply way down below the rations.
Just smoked an almost 6 yr old weed and it is still GREAT, Not sure on the strain but its leaning Indica for sure
Nice mellow head , body high.
I forgot I could grow weed this good.
Passing to my right...............
WHOOPS
See how good it was I posted in the wrong thread
Sorry Man .

But beware I veg plants to 3-4 months and they become Monsters..... in flower

Do you have alternating nodes?

How about you shoot us some pics?

I can take better images if that's not quite telling the story. As far as alternating nodes, I think these would be not, but again... I'm the Ted Mack Amateur Hour here so...

IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG
IMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0076.JPG

Taking a cutting and sexing doesnt take much space at all. If you have a room or closet or even a pantry you dont go in much, a simple table light will do. A friend of mine does his on a work bench in his basement that doesn't have any windows. No prep or grow space, just out in the open on a table with a 75w cfl next to them and turns it on before he goes to work and turns it off when he gets home. He usually sees results within a week or 2.

For all I've ever researched, I never saw anyone simplify that in that way. Very mil gracias!

There not alternating yet, to much N can slow up flowering.
Here is what you can do. You already have a vegg area, so take your cutting set it in your vegg area and simply put something over it each night.
Couple weeks you should be able to tell.

There not alternating yet, to much N can slow up flowering.
Here is what you can do. You already have a vegg area, so take your cutting set it in your vegg area and simply put something over it each night.
Couple weeks you should be able to tell.

Can you describe or better yet have any pics of "alternating" ?

I see. So, if it's two months old and still isn't alternating (I'm assuming they have to?)... does that mean that it will need to grow taller and alternates begin there or is it going to do something as it is now at some point left to it's own devices?

Latest posts

Back