TDubs tiny tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice thread.
Thank you Pute!

On a side note for anyone who hasn’t seen this video clip floating around…..this is a cool time lapse. I’d like to see a time lapse of a plant recovering from defoliation. It might be old news and not worthy of its own thread….

Edit….removed video as I used the wrong link

I have been wanting to setup a camera or two for doing that, just haven't found the time to do any research on the software I would need. Maybe just something to take still pics on a timer with vdub or similar free software to assemble them.

I have been wanting to setup a camera or two for doing that, just haven't found the time to do any research on the software I would need. Maybe just something to take still pics on a timer with vdub or similar free software to assemble them.
My trail cam has a ‘time lapse’ feature on it. I haven’t played around with that feature so I am unsure of the parameters but it seems like it would be an easy solution.

My trail cam has a ‘time lapse’ feature on it. I haven’t played around with that feature so I am unsure of the parameters but it seems like it would be an easy solution.
I've looked at some of the action/sports cams that have time lapse, but they don't generally take good close up pictures especially under super bright lighting.

The video comments includes his link to the equipment and software that he used….might save you some work CrashMagnet.
299B60C2-D2EB-4232-9E74-6FD463D9A5E2.png

Good Day,
I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

A quick question has come up as I’m in week 3 of 12/12 lighting. Should I be cleaning up the lower third of the canopy when i do my defoliation in week #3 of flower, or should I stick to the top of the plant? I guess I’m questioning whether I waited too long to lollipop them? They are trained to be short, but I could remove a lot of foliage for better air flow and light penetration if needed. However, I don’t want to stress the plant while she’s in flower. I have a fan blowing thru the lower canopy to help prevent any bud rot later.

08407BCA-DF78-4B24-AE9A-B7208E77EBCF.jpeg

The Lucas formula that BigSur turned me on to has worked great. No burnt tips either despite my concerns when I heard the ratio of 16ml Bloom and 8ml of Micro per gallon. Some quick glamour shots. What’s also interesting is that the wicks in my self watering bases are wicking the nutrients properly too. I keep waiting for a salt buildup to occur in these wicks.

Godfather OG - Entering week 3 of 12/12 lighting. Grew 5 inches this week from 11 inches to 16 inches.

6E3A3D49-77FD-4794-A450-8AEB5220D0C6.jpeg4720036C-11E5-4DCE-88FF-89D6309BFA5A.jpegA2A8DDE3-22A5-477D-B86E-638E093CCD87.jpeg

LA Peyote Kush - Entering week 3 of 12/12 lighting
653F2929-DEC8-4F9E-BD07-E54DABF17C80.jpeg0C6258D0-DEE1-478F-A893-152DF1CE7F82.jpeg11D63F64-31E9-408D-BFA2-04D32C2052D9.jpeg74422D0B-D857-4A6C-837D-2D2C520F371F.jpeg

Purple Ghost Candy - Saved from the Scrog net to grow now. Entering week 4 of 12/12 lighting
F381FC86-BC68-4FC6-84D5-C63DE2AD1D2D.jpeg6FCB4EFC-CCD5-4AF7-91F5-32CA0B082CE9.jpeg

Roughly seven more weeks to harvest…..fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

A quick question has come up as I’m in week 3 of 12/12 lighting. Should I be cleaning up the lower third of the canopy when i do my defoliation in week #3 of flower, or should I stick to the top of the plant? I guess I’m questioning whether I waited too long to lollipop them?
I lollipop before I flip. Then on day 21 of flower, if there is no stretch, I defoliate and clear the bottom 3rd out.
If you didn't lollipop before flip and try to take all that foliage you can stress them out some times. It looks like you had them well trained enough that I don't think you'll stress them out if you clear out the sucker branches

During flowering, I gradually remove foliage. Like you, I am concerned about over-stressing the plants. I would clear out the lower growth(again gradually-a few fan leaves and popcorn buds every couple of days per plant) and tuck higher up fan leaves out of the way. I have even ‘super cropped’ fan leaves if the get too unruly. I prune but seeing what @gmo is doing with his Chimera plants makes me question if it is necessary. He has a jungle going on. That being said, airflow is important and gmo has his garden dialed in.

Good day!
Thank you for all of the guidance on defoliation! I decided to lollipop what little there is on these short plants to improve airflow. I also removed any likely larf based on my untrained eye. I had these plants staked down with LST up until I flipped to flower. I didn’t think about Lollipopping while they were staked down. Lesson learned for next time.

I watched an informative video on defoliation by Kyle Kushman. His method involves removing a lot of nodes that are lower down the branches. His advice is to remove all nodes below the third from the tip of the plant. Seems like an aggressive defoliation, but I might experiment with a branch or two. Concentrating more plant energy into the upper growth makes a lot of sense.

I’m definitely not vouching for this technique….could be good or bad advice.

(I ignored the chiropractic portion at the end of the video….it’s not truly a half hour).

This is as much defoliation as I could bring myself to do while in flower. It doesn’t look like much, but I had a LARGE pile of leaves.

Thanks again!

Purple Ghost Candy, Godfather OG, and LA Peyote Kush

D325FD90-E431-4036-885F-61FDAC053CC9.jpeg664881D9-7790-4C8B-8906-A00C4ECDED3E.jpeg93136F07-7401-4C0C-9674-3F56F4B2A557.jpeg

🐓

😁

I am still working my way up to aggressive defoliation. I figure I will get there around 2050. It is hard to strip plants but I have seen great results doing it(but then again, I look at gmo’s jungle and think it is not needed). The jury is still out for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

🐓

😁

I am still working my way up to aggressive defoliation. I figure I will get there around 2050. It is hard to strip plants but I have seen great results doing it(but then again, I look at gmo’s jungle and think it is not needed). The jury is still out for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I would let more of my beautiful leaves stay if I didn’t overcrowd so bad. I still hate removing them but I have to use every trick in the book to adjust to my decision to overcrowd.

Latest posts

Back