Temp and Humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allglad

Ok my babieeess are show'n life. I have at least a 75% germ rate one day after put'n them in my cottege cheese containter. I have put the sprouts in rockwool and have my remaining seeds (even the 3 that looked damaged) in a low 90 f closet...so that works. ...but how about my sprouts...should I take them to the 75-80 f temp..or let them stay in 90 f untill I see leaf?

I dont think I will be put'n these under light untill the leaves show also. I think I will go a week or so with floro..then combine with my hid.

Hey allglad, A plant should never be in a room with the temps in the 90s. The high temps will just hinder the growth. Ideally, a plant should be in 75*F rooms. With sprouts, the temp can be a little warmer, but the higher temperature should be in the roots to expedite an establishing root system. So, get a heating pad to bring up the rockwool temp and keep the ambient air temp in the 70's.

Hi DL

I dont know if I will be get'n a warm pad this grow. I have read up on the temps...and had the feeling that 90 is a bit much, but I also recall reading to put the germ'n seeds near something hot....like a fridge. I checked temps over by the frige.....and found mid and high 80's common. I guess I went with the 90's because it was the easiest dark area for me. It looks like I have a near 100% germ rate ((minus seeds that clearly look to be damaged)these germ's have occured in a 1.5 day period...and that looks to be above average). All roots look either great or really good.

...So I am thinking I will pull the sprouts out of 90*f temps while wait'n for the last few seeds to extend the root a little more.

I am think'n of a plan for generate'n the root growth....I am think'n of put'n my water supply in the closet that has the 90 temps and then put'n some in the the reservoir that my sprouts sit in. If my sprouts rockwool gets dry then I can use some of the cooled reservoir water to moisten the sprouts....while refilling the reservoir with the warm water.

This warm water idea looks really do-able. If anyone has a thought on do'n it I'd really enjoy your comments.

::fingers crossed:: Sure hope this works.

ok so some may wonder ohh my gawd....he germ'd at +90f? yep I did...and you know I was spooked before my reply in this subject...and bout ready to soil my pants after I got the reply.:shocked:

...so yea breath.... so how are things now you wonder?

Well the day before yesterday...when I made the decision to go with warm water under the babies...and to pull all remaining non-germ'd seeds from the heat box.... well it was spooky...a few more seeds had popped...but the most protrude'n/long sprouts were yellow...GASP!!! So I did what I mentioned in my last posting...I put warm water under them & not supply light. ....course I did not put them in a dark room so they got a lil light.

Then .5 of the way through the day...I thought hmm these sprouts are grow'n. ...there was much concern in the yellowness, but really concerns were fade'n. ...maybe more light is needed. ...so I put them under a floro bulb that you can use for lamps...u know the ones.

Now I just got home and was so anxious to see if my babies faided or shot for the lights....and well hehe heh heh:holysheep: they look so beautyfull and green....:)
:fly:

Unless something unexpected comes along and whipes me out...I will be moveing to a journal.

I have put all remaining seeds back in my closet to cook.

FYI the way I did cook my babies was to put them on the back of a fridge....the room again was +90f and well with the fridge..I would not be supprised if it was in the high 90's.... ...but I watched my seeds like a hawk.....on the 1st day I would not let them stay on the fridge for longer than an hr...and when over .5 of my babies popped...I up'd the time on the fridge to over 8 hrs.

....all said I expect to/hope to germ like this again!!!!

I would really think any new people (like myself) or someone that cant watch the babies come up should NOT do this method. I really spoiled these.

Yes, germinating in such high temps is not good...The seeds will germ but what you will not be able to see without a control group is the growth may be slowed for days or weeks due to the high stress from such extreme temps, in comparison to seeds germ in temps around 75-80. I would never chance such high temps with expensive seeds, however, I do try all kinds of dif tech/experiments with bagseed.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back