The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just posting here to mention to anyone who hit "last page" and is just seeing this.. there's a good pic update at the end of the last page. :aok:

:D

Hang in there Fang, Supposed to get to 70 here today, finally.

Hang in there Fang, Supposed to get to 70 here today, finally.

I guess you don't wanna hear about how it's been in the mid to upper 80's here huh? Lol. Heading to the French quarter fest. It's a beautiful day for good food and music! I love festival season!

Doc for a 39" x 39" x 71" tent, (10.56 sq ft) what would be the optimum LED to get, just flowering 2 one in each tote. I'm either going to goto a 600w HID system or LED's, since I think by the time I bought the ballast, bulbs and hood that I will spend roughly the same amount?

Can I get by with one Mars II LED Grow Light 400W or would i need one for each plant?

Doc for a 39" x 39" x 71" tent, (10.56 sq ft) what would be the optimum LED to get, just flowering 2 one in each tote. I'm either going to goto a 600w HID system or LED's, since I think by the time I bought the ballast, bulbs and hood that I will spend roughly the same amount?

Let's see, the ones I have say they will cover up to 3' x 3' area.. I would say it's not QUITE enough, but what you could do is get the size up and be set! Normally, as PJ says, more smaller fixtures are better.. but for you doing 1 or 2 plants under that amount of space.. that's just over 3x3.. I'd go with the Mars 700.

http://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-ii-led-grow-light-700w.html

Just a bit more coverage and about twice as powerful. This would be the light for you. There's a couple of codes floating around for 3% off, but if you talk directly to Sara (mention my name) she'll probably give you an even better deal.

Let's see, the ones I have say they will cover up to 3' x 3' area.. I would say it's not QUITE enough, but what you could do is get the size up and be set! Normally, as PJ says, more smaller fixtures are better.. but for you doing 1 or 2 plants under that amount of space.. that's just over 3x3.. I'd go with the Mars 700.

http://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-ii-led-grow-light-700w.html

Just a bit more coverage and about twice as powerful. This would be the light for you. There's a couple of codes floating around for 3% off, but if you talk directly to Sara (mention my name) she'll probably give you an even better deal.

I will have to check the funds but really think that should be my next move....look out method 7's :)

I will have to check the funds but really think that should be my next move....look out method 7's :)

Hah, yeah those Method 7's are a must I'd say. I mean, there's a couple times where I don't use them, but overall 90% of the time they are on!

Hey also.. these would be great to hop right into COB technology. I would think. I think PJ says they aren't bad :)

https://www.hydrogrowled.com/Sol-4-175W-350W-LED-Grow-Light-(G4)-P159C59.aspx

About more than double the cost of the Mars, but who knows. Just wanted to give you options. But what I have is the Mars II and they seem to be working pretty decent. Can't wait to see what weeks 5-8 do!!! :)

Just discussed it with wife and she has a point, till she gets back to work (governor took her job, just told her the position was being cut and she had thirty days....this was a 20 year job. It's part of the gov's plan to reduce state spending so they cut her salary) it's probably not a good thing to spend since things are tight.. but after she gets back to work she said get two just for having to wait...lol.

Thanks Doc, thats my next move is to LED and I may go with the Hygro since i was looking at them last week with Pj.

Awww, bummer on that job thing :(

Yeah I was looking at a Sol myself for a minute there, for my 2x2 experimental space. Definitely a great light it seems :aok:

Yea it was a kick in the pants, we had reached a point in our lives we were doing ok, just bought a house, got her a new car. two months later she looses the only job I have ever known her to have....shook her to the core, and now we are limping by on what I make which is good, just not having the play money sucks. But once she gets back to work, things will all be good brother.

Don't care too much for the heat neither but 80 is nice.

I guess you don't wanna hear about how it's been in the mid to upper 80's here huh? Lol. Heading to the French quarter fest. It's a beautiful day for good food and music! I love festival season!

Yea it was a kick in the pants, we had reached a point in our lives we were doing ok, just bought a house, got her a new car. two months later she looses the only job I have ever known her to have....shook her to the core, and now we are limping by on what I make which is good, just not having the play money sucks. But once she gets back to work, things will all be good brother.

Can't wait for you man :aok:

Don't care too much for the heat neither but 80 is nice.

Yeah, it doesn't create colds like this one I have.. blah!

Ok, for an update.

Tonight I drained the veg station out as I noticed it spiking down in ph massively over 24 hour period. I mixed up a new batch of solution. 10 gallons mixed to 650 ppm's and 5.8 PH.
Also I've noticed over the last 4 days that my C99 bins in Tent #2 had too been spiking down from 5.8ph to 5.5ph. Well, tonight when I checked they had hit 5.4 ph after I had reset to 5.8 last night. Since they were 1200 ppms, I figured I would pump out 2.5 gal of solution.. throw it away... and add back 650 ppm's of base nutes only and 10ml of cal mag, ph'd at 6.0 (to combat the 5.4 stuff left in the tubs). The two tubs ended up coming to 5.8 ph after the 2.5 gal add backs.
Tent #1 was holding solid at 5.7-6.0 between the 4 bins of C99. Two of the 5.7 bins were given 1ml of ph up and set back to 5.8 for the night.

There's my update. Nothing interesting to look at, but some stuff to read (and me to keep track!)

And to update again.. I've ground up 1g of Pineapple Express and am decarbing at 270° for 30 minutes, then going to sprinkle on some toast. It's that kind of Saturday night! :)

Hope you're all right as rain :aok:

This may be a stupid question BUT, I'm growing Auto Flower Plants and I need to know the Lighting Rigamine / timing for flowering my Rock Horror AF. I never grew them before and now with some experience I assume that any light timing works, but I have them growing with other regular plants, and I have cut down the time to 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off. They went from veg. to flower, veg. Will they go back to flower at 12 hrs?

This may be a stupid question BUT, I'm growing Auto Flower Plants and I need to know the Lighting Rigamine / timing for flowering my Rock Horror AF. I never grew them before and now with some experience I assume that any light timing works, but I have them growing with other regular plants, and I have cut down the time to 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off. They went from veg. to flower, veg. Will they go back to flower at 12 hrs?

I'm not the best person to take auto flower knowledge from. With that said, I've run 3 autos in the past, all for fun. All 3 came out decent. One only gave me 7g dry, but the other two both gave me over 32g's dry. I ran them like red headed step children. I gave them whatever nutes I had left over from any feedings lol. 1 time I ran one like I cared. The first time.

I believe the best light schedule for and auto is 18/6. I've done 24/0 the entire time on one, and 12 / 12 on the other two. I didn't notice any difference either or, but remember.. I was really not caring. If you check some of my old journals (links in my sig down below) you'll see some of the "tales" of my auto experience. Shoot, I ran a photo plant once that turned out to be auto!!! lol Darn breeders!

Wish I could help you more, sorry :aok:

Latest posts

Back