The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking awesome FANG! Love all your tents . Can't wait to exspand my bloom room.

Here's the veg tent. Keeping things as moms and moving others along. Clones are looking fabulous at day 8 of attempting to throw roots. Not too much drooping from any and I'm quite sure all 10 in my dome will go 10/10. That's 5 in Rockwool, 5 in Rapid Rooters. First time having ANY success in Rapid Rooters! Those things sat on my shelf for 2 years getting hot / cold / hot / cold lol!! I think the trick entirely is soak the rooters and wool in 5.5 PH'd water for 30 minutes minimum, then when you take them out give them a shake, NOT a squeeze! After that wait at least 2-3 days to water them again. Lots of people over water these, and I think that's another thing I did wrong in the past. I mist under the plugs, in the tray (I don't fill it with water) and over the clones and in the dome, each day.

View attachment April25Update (1 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (2 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (3 of 22).jpg

Here's an overview of all in Tent #2 and second pic is the two C99's @ Day 51. PH: 5.9 PPM: 550 - 700 (depends on the bin)

View attachment April25Update (4 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (5 of 22).jpg

Lower, Mid and Upper overviews of the Cheese and Merlot OG, and more "closer up" shots of both the Merlot and Cheese

View attachment April25Update (7 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (8 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (9 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (10 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (11 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (12 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (13 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (14 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (15 of 22).jpg

And here's Tent #1 @ Day 23 all 4 are C99 PH 6.0 PPM 625 (average for all)

View attachment April25Update (16 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (17 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (18 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (19 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (20 of 22).jpg
View attachment April25Update (22 of 22).jpg

Any and all thoughts.. please let me have em! :aok:

I feel like I'm easily 14 - 21 more days away. I hope closer to 14. :(
Oh and look at ALL that popcorn in Tent #2 . YAY! That's because I had 7 months of piss poor health and shitty yields.. I wanted a JUNGLE!!! ..........guess I got one :stoned:

Reactions: zem
Had to tie some things up this morning. Merlot OG is doing rather phenomenal now, and is bulking pretty decent. Cheese is doing "better" but I think she may be one that handles LED's "rough"...

The C99 is freaking picture perfect! Well, a bit too many leaves, but that will come with time.

PH was great tonight in all bins! Some bins were between 5.9-6.0 and two bins hit 6.2 and 6.3, so I bumped them down to 5.8. This is where I should be at with "the drift".

PPM's between all are around 525 - 625. :)
I love that with LED's. It was VERY VERY odd at first changing from 1250+ PPM's to half that! It just felt all sorts of wrong, but as you can tell, my plants were telling me that I was wrong... too much food led to lock outs and over greenery. Now, extending my flowering period and suffering from yield. I'm learning though, and this is great!

Doc,
The pictures tell the story. Lookin` good, bro. Like ya said, it`s a jungle in there.

hey doc, a question popped out and i was wondering, under LED the ppm is kept like 600-700 in flowering, right? i have 230-240 source water ppm, this leaves not much place for feeding, before burning them, what do you think of that? whats your ppm out of the tap?

My PPM is 30-40 out of the tap... hasn't fluctuated beyond about 33ppms in the last 2 years that I've been monitoring. I have wonderful mountain water :)

PPM's in flowering are kept between 500-700. Currently my bins are between 500 - 625. That's base nutes and some carbs (Liquid Koolbloom, Tea, Bloombastic)

That's a pretty high PPM, have you ever gotten it tested? If it's city water, you should be able to get results quickly, as they must disclose to the public what is all in their water. That 230 ppm could be anything :(

If I were in your situation I don't know what I'd do.

My PPM is 30-40 out of the tap... hasn't fluctuated beyond about 33ppms in the last 2 years that I've been monitoring. I have wonderful mountain water :)

PPM's in flowering are kept between 500-700. Currently my bins are between 500 - 625. That's base nutes and some carbs (Liquid Koolbloom, Tea, Bloombastic)

That's a pretty high PPM, have you ever gotten it tested? If it's city water, you should be able to get results quickly, as they must disclose to the public what is all in their water. That 230 ppm could be anything :(

If I were in your situation I don't know what I'd do.

the 230 ppm is mostly calcium, over here water is known to have high calcium because of the ground rock, it also contains other minerals. the last problem that i had with calcium lockout as you might recall, it could have been caused by that, because as i learned, that the soluble forms of calcium, that are in ground water, is somewhat still hard for the plant to uptake and can build scale on the roots, but a simple h2o2 treatment removed it. I grew with this water from ever since i began to grow, and i grew everything in it from weed to veggies. this level of ppm is within acceptable range to grow, i would grow with water up to 300, if i had to, but with the LEDs i am wondering if i add like 600 over the 240 ppm, i would end up with 840ppm, i wonder if that would burn them or not. i would bet on not, but have to try that. if life stays on track, and all is good, maybe in a year, before the summer 2016, i will have me a LED setup. i have all that time to learn from your adventure :hubba: thanks for taking the risk and sharing :D

Honestly, I would think running in the 750-850 ppm range for YOU would be great then. You already know it's Calcium mostly, so there you go! :) Good question, and I believe that's the answer...that's most likely an acceptable range.

If not, and we're wrong, then maybe you should invest in an R/O system and add cal-mag. Better yet, setup R/O and then mix 50/50 with tap?

Either way you should be good to grow! :aok: :)

Had to tie up a whole bunch of colas last night and this morning :) Also, the very tips of each leaf FINALLY showing that the nutes are "there", and the PPM's / PH also reflect eating. I would say 14 days away STILL. Trichs are all cloudy. :D

Zem, the ppm outa my tap is 430, mostly calcium, and some other minerals, so I use distilled water on all my hydro grows and it was really nice have a zero starting point with a natural pH of around 6

Kraven, I would never grow with anything over 300, but i have been growing for many years with 230-240 range with no problems

Kraven, I would never grow with anything over 300, but i have been growing for many years with 230-240 range with no problems

Seems Kraven would never either hah :)

An R/O system would do you well Kraven!

Latest posts

Back