The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very very nice Dr......i like those glasses also...

It's going to be interesting whenever I do make this room. I think I'm going to have to do some really tricky things. Whenever 1 flowering tent finished, the opposite will be at 4 weeks (staggered). Maybe I'll have to build the room around the tent that will be 4 weeks? lol.

Also, I have around 12 days left of the yellowing tent. I'll just be happy if they get dense in these last 2 weeks like they should :) Remember PJ, I'm not doubting you....shoot I spent $1,300 on your word... I just need to see it for my own eyes to truly believe how awesome these seems. Everything just needs to come to fruition now :D Thanks so much PJ! Looking to do framed out room, mini split A/C and CO2 sometime very soon.

Just remember, had you not listened you would have spent $2600, so I already saved you a ton of cash the way I see it.
:vap-bobby_on_the_be
LMK when you're ready to start laying out your new sealed room. What you describe is exactly what I run.

Yeah 12 days isn't much time to make any changes now. Next crop we kill it.
;)

Just remember, had you not listened you would have spent $2600, so I already saved you a ton of cash the way I see it.
:vap-bobby_on_the_be
LMK when you're ready to start laying out your new sealed room. What you describe is exactly what I run.

Yeah 12 days isn't much time to make any changes now. Next crop we kill it.
;)

My friend, it was $2400 for 2 light fixtures... you saved me $1000 AND gave me a WAY more versatile footprint!!! I'm listening PJ :aok:

I'll get some pics of the room and describe it and what I'm thinking the best I can. Oh yeah.. budget. I have none right now, so we'll have to work that out as I go LOL. :D

Thanks again PJ! I have a tent that was only like 4 days into flip.. so it will let me know how good it will go. I asked a question a bit ago, but not sure if you saw it. They have 1 more solid week left of "the stretch" and are around 19" - 20" off the canopy currently. Should I let them get closer to 14" - 16" or should I eliminate my pulley system for a quick 6" right now?

I asked a question a bit ago, but not sure if you saw it. They have 1 more solid week left of "the stretch" and are around 19" - 20" off the canopy currently. Should I let them get closer to 14" - 16" or should I eliminate my pulley system for a quick 6" right now?

I answered it before you even asked.

As long as you have the food good, I bet those plants green right up in 72 hrs. LED lighting is that much better.

Keep the lights at at least 2 feet in flower and 3 feet in veg and you'll be golden.

Congrats on moving in to the future of growing.

"Some" strains will allow you to get closer, while others will bleach at 2 feet, but any closer [Again let me preface this by a real deal LED grow light not crap] and you'r just going to burn the plant. Plant in veg will not stretch like they will under a raised T5, or HPS.

I am keeping my lights at 3 feet in veg, and here is a shot of three Kush plants from seed in 21 days I just posted at another spot.

View attachment 3.gif

If you get a plant that is stretching under LED, its going to stretch under any lighting, but it won't be caused by light distance.

Ok, will eliminate the pulleys and get the distance further tonight. :aok:

Haven't seen any sign of bleaching yet, but wanted to double check with you on what I should do at this point. Raise lights what more I can and pull over some branches. Got it :)

Ok, will eliminate the pulleys and get the distance further tonight. :aok:

Haven't seen any sign of bleaching yet, but wanted to double check with you on what I should do at this point. Raise lights what more I can and pull over some branches. Got it :)
It is much harder to bleach a leaf over a flower, so it is more important in that regard. If lets say your fan was to go bad while these lights where on and your room hit 90 degrees, at 16 inches your plants would burn up and shrivel at about 8 hrs in with no added CO2.

While LED's don't look all to crazy bright in comparison to HID lighting, the effectiveness or plants use of the light is 2 fold and your plants eat the light as food. You will find in hydro real quick unless you cut your food strength by about a 1/3rd your going to start getting plants with issues, so keep that in mind when feeding your plants. If you were running in the 1300's or so with HPS, get closer to somewhere between 700-800 or you will lack plant stacking and your flowers will finish smaller.

Just keep in mind these tips are just a guideline. Sativa dom strains will require a lil less and Indy's will take on a lil more, but 700 is a great midway point everyone should be happy provided your PH is in check at all times.

It is much harder to bleach a leaf over a flower, so it is more important in that regard. If lets say your fan was to go bad while these lights where on and your room hit 90 degrees, at 16 inches your plants would burn up and shrivel at about 8 hrs in with no added CO2.

While LED's don't look all to crazy bright in comparison to HID lighting, the effectiveness or plants use of the light is 2 fold and your plants eat the light as food. You will find in hydro real quick unless you cut your food strength by about a 1/3rd your going to start getting plants with issues, so keep that in mind when feeding your plants. If you were running in the 1300's or so with HPS, get closer to somewhere between 700-800 or you will lack plant stacking and your flowers will finish smaller.

Just keep in mind these tips are just a guideline. Sativa dom strains will require a lil less and Indy's will take on a lil more, but 700 is a great midway point everyone should be happy provided your PH is in check at all times.

Thanks again PJ :aok:

I raised the lights to the maximum and got it to 26". I'll have a bit more stretch so I think I'll end up being good this time around. Also, I added back water only to all 4 totes, trying to thin out the mix. I'm down to around 1050 - 1150 PPM's currently.

Everything looks phenomenal now. Can't wait to see how the buds develop. Hey PJ, did I miss an answer on if I should defoliate at all? Wondering about that.

Dr, your picures are so nice, and I too really dig those shades.

sweet garden and even sweeter pics!

thanks

Thanks echO! :aok:

The LED's were worse on my eyes than the HPS. I was only effected for seconds when I first used HPS and now-a-days, I look right through it. But after two days with the LED's I was begging for my glasses!! I even put 2 day shipping on them.

Anything that strains or hurts the eyes is a pure sign that it's "bad for them". HPS is less so in my opinion.

Thanks PJ :aok: I remember that thread, just hadn't needed to read it as much due to not using LED's.

I defoliated a bit tonight, and everything is looking good.

So I ordered the 4 Mars hydro 400w led's directly from Sara for 668.00 wooohooo! I'm excited. Where I live heat is a horrible issue and these led's got me on the right track!. Now, to make some purchases towards my hydro setup. Remember I'm using a 3x3 flood table. Thinking I'm going hydro ton. I know I'll now need a ppm meter. I have the ph meter, and ph up and down. What size submersible pump? What nutes? Do I need to aerate the res? If so what size air pump?

Shoot, sorry doc, I'm hijacking your thread. My bad. I should move it!

No no, you're not hi-jacking anything! I love the convo :)

Ok, let me answer in order:

Remember I'm using a 3x3 flood table. Are you going to flood and drain it, like I do with my veg station?Thinking I'm going hydro ton. I love hydroton.. been using rockwool to start. Will see how that goes :) I know I'll now need a ppm meter. Hanna PPM meter is the one I have. Cheap and precise I have the ph meter, and ph up and down. Which meter? Make sure your meter is spot on, and calibrate at once a month. This is a good device to have be QUALITY! What size submersible pump? If you flood and drain, I would say around a 300 GPH pump would work. I can link ya What nutes? Personal preference, but I LOVE my Jungle Juice for hydro. And I have well documented runs on JJ in hydro Do I need to aerate the res? If so what size air pump? Technically, some people don't because the flow back from flood and drain is "enough". With that said, yes, I aerate any of my totes. Especially my veg. I have a 2 port, fish tank pump. Works perfect.

Hope those answers help. I'm willing to answer any, and sure.. keep it in here. People can learn along the way :) Congrats on your purchase, and hopefully you're not let down. As for how everything is going to work, I can't vouch for that but PJ already has. Just hoping it works good for my grow style. 4 large plants in 4.5 x 4.5 with 18 gal totes. He does his a bit differently. Maybe I should be doing that LOL.

Well I've stalked pj's threads, he's pretty reliable in my book, and I've seen his results, so. That said, I am thinking a top feed drip system, so I guess that's a flood and drain? I have an oakton ph1 waterproof meter. Jungle juice is advance nutrients? So tell me more about the timing on my feeding. I understand what they need and how many ppms, how often water and for how long? I have a cap xgc-1e controller. It's pretty badahhh! It runs everything, I just have to set the parameters. I'll also be supplementing with co2. So I'm sure with the plants transpiring( is that even a word?, I'm pretty stoned lol)more, I'll need a little heartier feed schedule than normal.

I also clone in an aeroponic cloner ( turbokloner t24). So would I need rockwool or can I just go straight to the hydroton?

Looking good Fang?
Do you have to use an 8 light controller to run all the LED?
Was the setup before 4x 600 watt HPS?

Well I've stalked pj's threads, he's pretty reliable in my book, and I've seen his results, so. That said, I am thinking a top feed drip system, so I guess that's a flood and drain? I have an oakton ph1 waterproof meter. Jungle juice is advance nutrients? So tell me more about the timing on my feeding. I understand what they need and how many ppms, how often water and for how long? I have a cap xgc-1e controller. It's pretty badahhh! It runs everything, I just have to set the parameters. I'll also be supplementing with co2. So I'm sure with the plants transpiring( is that even a word?, I'm pretty stoned lol)more, I'll need a little heartier feed schedule than normal.

Yeah, that's a sort of flood n drain.. more of less just called a "drip system" at least to the best of my knowledge. I did this system for veg only last year, and had it added to my "3-way-mega-hydro-setup" as well. Only thing I notice was sometimes the drip heads and/or the ends of the lines can clog. This year, when I re-went and re-invented my hydro setup, I used a Flood N Drain table and I actually flood and drain it hah. It gets about 3" full so everything is feeding from the bottom only with this system. When it's ready, I put it into hydroton contained in one of those 10" 5gal bucket mesh pots. The reason I use those is the large like 2" lip that goes all around. I drop these into 18 gal totes and fill with 7-10 gal of solution (depends on how much root is in there at the time) Also, yes.. Jungle Juice is AN. I think Hushpuppy and I are the only ones here that use it. Kraven uses AN Sensi, but I think he'll be switching to JJ next run. He did some pretty phenomenal stuff for his first hydro run! :)
As for how often and how long.. going on the idea that you'd drip or flood and drain there's 2 ways to look at it. During Veg, I only flood and drain the table once per day. During flowering, if I flowered with flood and drain (I do DWC) then I would probably flood the table 2 - 4 times a day, 15 minutes at a time, all factors depending on what the plant is telling me and how far along she is. Nice controller, I'll be getting an Auto Pilot or something similar (probably cheaper as I need less features) when I rebuild my room, and will be running CO2 as well :aok:
And yes, it's transpiring I do believe. When they create moisture during dark time = Transpire. I think...lol! Also, according to PJ, we don't use heartier nutes.. we use less with LED's than with HPS, and supplement with CO2.

I also clone in an aeroponic cloner ( turbokloner t24). So would I need rockwool or can I just go straight to the hydroton?

I imagine you can go straight to Hydroton, as long as you had a good sturdy root system already in place. I'm not sure though, if it would crush the root system... I DOUBT IT as I'm quite sure I've seen people (on video) do that exact same thing.

Looking good Fang?
Do you have to use an 8 light controller to run all the LED?
Was the setup before 4x 600 watt HPS?

Setup before was Two 600w HPS in each of my 4.5' x 4.5' x 7' ... so yes, 4x 600w HPS total :aok:

8 light controller? I'm confused. Do you mean timer? If so, the fixtures are daisy chainable (just don't chain past 1,000w actual draw power). To be safe, I just chained two together and plug 2 plugs into my Hydrofarm digital timer (in each tent).

Thanks Stank :)

ok i got a quick question not trying to thread jack ya ;) you think on a concrete floor it would be smart to put plastic between a brand new tent floor surface and the concrete? i don't have flooding issue but the concrete is for sure gonna wick a **** ton of water into it during the thaw and drain of our 6 feet of snow. setting it up now just need anyone input would be great

post picks BRO

Latest posts

Back