The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All is still good around here. The Method 7's were EVERY bit worth the money I paid for them! I am 100% on my vision, so maybe that's a factor to how bad LED's can be on someones eyes? How's the vision of everyone else that was "nay saying" these glasses? I know one person said "not good, especially if you already have glasses". Sure that would suck with glasses, they hug your head as to not fall off or let in side light. Also, I'm wonder if, since vision is bad maybe it won't hurt the eyes as much? LED's are crazy on my eyes, and getting these made it amazing.

Also, PJ... You were right (as usual) about the stuff that was yellowing off getting greener. I wanted to doubt you till the cows came home, because to the best of my horticultural knowledge, when a leaf goes down, there's no "recovering" so to speak. These yellow and even some of the WHITE leaf's are greening up!! It's amazing.

Tent #2 is just done with 1 week flower, the other day, and 1 more or so to go for the stretch. Just have to watch for bleaching. I've seen what it looks like when it's done, but how would I start to notice? I'd like to notice before the damage is done.

Ok, pics tonight for seriousness reallyism. :D

That`s great the glasses work as advertised. So many things do not. Now you make me want a pair real bad.

If you have good eyes, and you get any type of strain, I highly recommend them. I know someone on this forum that may be selling a pair, so maybe if I ask them if it's ok to link you two up.. that you can work something out with them and hopefully get a deal. The glasses are expensive, but I'd say extremely worth it!

I'm glad the glasses were worth the money, like yoop says so many things aren't, and your vision is really important. Maybe one day I will switch over to LED but right now, looking at the prices it would be a big investment for me. Good luck on the grow doc, cant wait to see more pic's.

What size is your space Kraven? Sure, it's an investment, but it ended up being a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to be.

For both my 4.5 x 4.5 tents, I put in 4 Mars II 400w fixtures. 8 fixtures purchased total, for $1350.00 free shipping. I received them in 2 days! lol.

I will know more in the next 2 months as to how exactly happy I am about them. The novelty of how awesome they are is still around, so I have to wait till that dusts off and I see actual results before I start screaming to the heavens how happy I am about my switch. :D

My tent is 39"x39"x71" so I need to cover about 6 sq foot of space. I'm watching your grow and if it turns out like I expect then I may start saving for them.

How many plants you run under that space? (I know I follow your journal, but I don't count the plants lol)

And thanks for tuning in Kraven :)

just the one plant, i like to net a 1/2 lb or more per grow, bet I could get a lb if I used some of the advance techniques you use but a 1/2 lb is close to my normal dry weight and that's plenty from grow to grow. When it gets legal though, well lets just say the farmer is gonna come out in me, till then it's my little one plant secret.

Mars II 700w would work, but I would make sure if I were you, and go with the Mars II 900w :) It's only $348.99, plus you can generally get a 3% discount with a code that's going around or directly with Sara. I worked directly with Sara, through Skype. They take Paypal, so it was perfect!

http://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-ii-led-grow-light-900w.html

The 700 is $289.99, but the extra $60 would be well spent on getting the 900!

You could also do two 400's if you wanted a more versatile footprint or in case you ever needed to break the light up.

Teeeeechnically, you can do 1 plant with 400, but I would majorly train it to fill the space and use a 900 (700 if you had to). Maybe PJ would have a better idea.

Either way, yeah.. wait till I see what's going on here! lol

I've seen it from using Neem Oil (regular dosage) / Grow Sprays / plain water, in the past, from my T5's, MH and HPS. Seen it enough to now turn it all off for 15 or so mins and up the airflow after spraying. hah :)

I was skeptical but here's what it looks like. Crummy picture but the black is the damage. I remember this plant and where you see the black...that is where a big droplet sat.
So I stand corrected yet again and am changing my routine.... I'm thinking birds chirping about an hour before the lights come on and then the misting about a half hour before daybreak. Mimics dew and early morning fog apparently..

View attachment black.jpg

Yeah the "lens effect" from droplets of any kind whilst lighting is just not good. Glad you've seen the light (ohhh so punny). :D

? pappy can I ask why, I have never misted a single indoor plant, not for foliage feeding nor to just wet it up. I really don't understand why or for what purpose other than to get the humidity so high you get fungus and mold ?

Mars II 700w would work, but I would make sure if I were you, and go with the Mars II 900w :) It's only $348.99, plus you can generally get a 3% discount with a code that's going around or directly with Sara. I worked directly with Sara, through Skype. They take Paypal, so it was perfect!

http://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-ii-led-grow-light-900w.html

The 700 is $289.99, but the extra $60 would be well spent on getting the 900!

You could also do two 400's if you wanted a more versatile footprint or in case you ever needed to break the light up.

Teeeeechnically, you can do 1 plant with 400, but I would majorly train it to fill the space and use a 900 (700 if you had to). Maybe PJ would have a better idea.

Either way, yeah.. wait till I see what's going on here! lol
Tisk tisk, I thought I trained you better than that.

More fixtures less wattage over the larger no light spreading fixtures. You won't find a thread anywhere finding me recommending anything larger than 360 watts.

If someone is in to growing one larger plant, than chances are LED's are not for you.

PJ I wont be switching to LED's anytime soon. I have a good system down and get the results I want, the hydro was new this time but, with the guidance you and other have given me it is going well. So the best way for LEDS is small wattage arrays?

PJ I wont be switching to LED's anytime soon. I have a good system down and get the results I want, the hydro was new this time but, with the guidance you and other have given me it is going well. So the best way for LEDS is small wattage arrays?
Not too small. You just don't don't want to use lights that are too large as they do not spread like a HPS bulb. These are more direct.

In other words, rather than use say 1 1000 watt fixture, use 4 250 watt fixtures.

Much more efficient.

Not too small. You just don't don't want to use lights that are too large as they do not spread like a HPS bulb. These are more direct.

In other words, rather than use say 1 1000 watt fixture, use 4 250 watt fixtures.

Much more efficient.

That makes sense. Thanks.

I just figured for one plant the one fixture was best, as I had one for each, but yes.. I remember how you feel about it :) Noted. :aok:

My canopy started 24" away exactly, half way into the first week into flowering (when I installed). How close do you think I should let my "limit" be? Around 16" max? Or just watch em? Not exactly sure how to play this out, as I now have about 1 solid week left of the stretch and I'm around 20" off the canopy.

Also, should I defoiliate a bit? I've been reading some with LED's do that.

? pappy can I ask why, I have never misted a single indoor plant, not for foliage feeding nor to just wet it up. I really don't understand why or for what purpose other than to get the humidity so high you get fungus and mold ?

Humidity IS a concern with LEDs, my lit said never to go over 80
but misting is not a lot of water and I've never seen the humidity level change when I spray.
Apparently.... birds chirping before dawn psyches the plant that fog or dew is coming and they open their mouths on their leaves (stomata?)
I guess I figure it's a treat for them and you can't overfeed them with a spray (so they tell me)

Frankly, I just like doing it, but I wouldn't do it in a tent with an HPS :)
especially one that was uncovered!!

Tisk tisk, I thought I trained you better than that.

More fixtures less wattage over the larger no light spreading fixtures. You won't find a thread anywhere finding me recommending anything larger than 360 watts.

If someone is in to growing one larger plant, than chances are LED's are not for you.

Oh swell... I just dropped my plant numbers for my LEDs. I plan on two plants under the 210W LED and 3 plants under the bigger 360W LED.
Plants are in 5 gal RDWC and that's all I could fit under the led(s)
I figure I should do alright with about 60 watts per plant.....
I don't understand your last statement at all, it seems to me HPS or MH would be far better than LEDs for 'several' plants vs 'one or two'

(I'm hijacking the Dr's thread here, so if you bite.... please take it to my grow thread... sopappy's grow.... thanks!)

Latest posts

Back