The Female Growers Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey painterdude, hows life treating you?

I stopped looking for work to enable me to concentrate on getting myself well again and voluntary work found me. I've been working in a horse sanctuary and made some great new friends human and equine alike :D Things are ok at the mo but not sorted yet.

Hope you are ok :)

Hello to all of you ladys.
I have problms computer and can not go it many times Hope good things take care.

Way cool Thorn, sounds very theraputic working volunteering. And with Animals, you sound so happy. Good for you.

Hey Mom what a great thread. Thanks so much. I really don't mind postin with the guys though. Anywho... hey everyone.. female old and growing my own. 3rd year doing this grow stuff and have learned a great deal from here. I grow primarily outdoors in a green house. So far not too bad of results but will be revamping the house this year to help with moisture control later in the year. We had terrible mold problems last season plus too many in too small of space. Like I said we learned alot. You can see my post under Mother Clone pics included in the grow journals.
I look forward to another year here with you all watching and learning more...
Keep it Green.

Yea...took the winter off from board. Too much home stuff goin on. . Glad to be back... thanks

wow. women. growin weed. wow.
im lookin for you ! always have been..
single grow-babes holler me!!!

And just why would we do that, saycheese? What do you have to offer us? :p

Thorn said:
And just why would we do that, saycheese? What do you have to offer us? :p

very good question Thorn....

Hey, painter dude, I thought the weather in Oregon sucked today, but hey, I did have to take a trip down the 5. That'll do it for anyone.
Thanks for the congrats! I'm excited. They aren't under the "Just To Prove I can grow" name, so I'll post a link.

Hi, Pranic, allmashed up, thorn, and tcbud. Nice to meetya!

-Love

Thorn said:
Hey painterdude, hows life treating you?

I stopped looking for work to enable me to concentrate on getting myself well again and voluntary work found me. I've been working in a horse sanctuary and made some great new friends human and equine alike :D Things are ok at the mo but not sorted yet.

Hope you are ok :)

Hi Thorn, horses are soooooo cool, haven't been around them for quite some time though, but remember them when we lived near farms in the Midwest.....about me being OK, seems I have CHRONIC LUNG DISEASE.....smoked way too many ciggs in my life....must try to quit......went to a hypnotist and I wouldn't recommend it, I lasted about 48 hours, am using the patch and some will-power right nowl...smoking weed helps but I can't drive for a couple of hours.....my sweet doctor gave me some ADVAIR inhaler samples because the VA is screwing me around about filling the prescription.....

So Thorn, I hope you get back to 100 percent real soon, or somewhere close to that......love and peace, painterdude

houseoftreasure said:
Hey, painter dude, I thought the weather in Oregon sucked today, but hey, I did have to take a trip down the 5. That'll do it for anyone.
Thanks for the congrats! I'm excited. They aren't under the "Just To Prove I can grow" name, so I'll post a link.

-Love

Hi House......wrote you earlier and then the cyber brats took it....I hate I-5 but I have to drive on it when I go to the VA in Roseburg....so where is home for you? Anywhere close to the Pacific? I am about 4 minutes away if I drive....today is nice though.....am digging the blue sky....from indoors because going outside makes me think about smoking.....yuk

houseoftreasure said:

-Love

Hey House, I totally avoid the 5 with a passsion unless I have to go the Roseburg VA.....and I am only on it for several minutes when I jump off Hwy 42......so how close are you to the coast? I am about 4 minutes away if I drive.....and it was cold here, 30 this morning and 58 in the house at about six AM......built a fire, then make coffee, and try to get over the 'waking up and wanting a cigg in the morning' feeling.....love back at ya, painterdude

Hey man, yea I'm doing really well at the moment...oh my goodness its before 8AM and i'm up! Doesn't happen too often lol. The horses are great, but one died at the weekend, she was an old arab mare with melanomas, but at least she's peaceful now :)

I only smoked for 5 and a half years but I quit for new year over 2 years ago and just stopped cold turkey and told myself I could do it. I had one of those nhs health sheets that said what happens with your body so many hours, days, weeks and months after you quit. I read about a third of the paul mckenna book which was very good but I don't think helped me in any way.

Anyway good luck, I know its tough when its been a big part of your life. I take it you smoke joints pure, or do you stick to bongs and pipes?

painterdude said:
Hi Thorn, horses are soooooo cool, haven't been around them for quite some time though, but remember them when we lived near farms in the Midwest.....about me being OK, seems I have CHRONIC LUNG DISEASE.....smoked way too many ciggs in my life....must try to quit......went to a hypnotist and I wouldn't recommend it, I lasted about 48 hours, am using the patch and some will-power right nowl...smoking weed helps but I can't drive for a couple of hours.....my sweet doctor gave me some ADVAIR inhaler samples because the VA is screwing me around about filling the prescription.....

So Thorn, I hope you get back to 100 percent real soon, or somewhere close to that......love and peace, painterdude

Can't remember if I said hi back, so hi House, just in case :D

House, Im in same boat, I use Spiriva, works real well, not a seroidal inhaler.....works good for me. COPD is worse than OCD in my opinion.

painterdude said:
.....smoked way too many ciggs in my life....must try to quit......went to a hypnotist and I wouldn't recommend it, I lasted about 48 hours, am using the patch and some will-power right nowl...smoking weed helps but I can't drive for a couple of hours.....

I smoked cigarettes for about 35 years. Quitting smoking was the best thing I ever did for myself--it will be 6 years in April. Hang in there. It is well worth it.

If weed helps, you might want to get a dugout with a cigarette bat. When I got a bad craving, I found it helped to have just a little hit from the one-hitter.

Its been 12 yrs since I quit my 2pk a day habbit. What worked for me other then the morning sickness, lol, was allowing myself only 5 cigs a day the 1st week, 3 the next, 1 the next. I would light one, take a few puffs, then put it out and save for later. Ewwww, nothing like a cig thats been light and puffed several times. It was disgusting. :p

Good luck painter dude.

Hi ladies, long time no see.

Must go smoke. Then run some errands. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back