The Female Growers Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colorado, I agree better than homemade bread....afternoon with the swamp cooler on...it sucks in the aroma.....nice.

I had a roofer...who enjoyed my plants while roofing here.... I am pretty sure he wont mention them to anyone, but the county inspector who is comming to look the roof over....I hate the thot of him seeing them. A couple of years ago, many medical gardens got ripped off here ( I thot a propane company guy or PUD meter reader had something to do with it, there were so many). Maybe camping out in the back yard is in order? or a motion sensor light? those work great when the racoons show up or a skunk walks by, lol. A grower friend of mine, he does camp near his girls in the back yard each year, and still thieves come in the yard. He has put up a cage similar to mine now, and will still be camping out. He is keepin out thieves, I am keepin out deer.

You're right TC, camping is probably in order. Have been wanting to go camping for weeks now but husband is balking at the idea again. Damn, I'm a 67 year old woman, shouldn't need permission in the first place and as for kidnap, rape, sodomy and all those other things he worries about......well, I'm too old and tough to chew anyway.

Guess I'll just keep good thoughts and hope for the best. Could move them down in the boonies but damn they're heavy. And have had to tie up each branch as they loose their old fan leaves and the buds swell and the windy season begins. Did put up 200 feet of chainlink for the same reason.(deer and critters out) Used to think of deer as "Bambi" till they ate or peed on everything I planted. Now I find them not so loveable.

Thanks for the good thoughs from your mountain.

Oh, Man, CL--that's a real bummer that they spied your grow. Sounds like they were really good about it, but like you, I'd be a little bit concerned about office gossip. But if they don't mention where they saw the grow, then it will likely be just a fun thing to gossip about and then it will be last week's news.
I'm crossing my fingers for you!

P'Dude, I don't think Colorado Lady will have to camp out in the backyard--she has this fierce looking German Shepherd with a deep bark and keen eye for movement--better than any motion detector one could buy!

And P-Dude, LOVE your menorah! Your work is all so edgy and expressive. You are to painting what John Callahan is to cartooning. Both of you love to color outside the lines.

....thanks again MO babe without the JAVE....here is one I did this morning, and I had lots of problems with her, i.e. I hate it.....:fid:

.....and I bet you were talking to tc instead of me.....I wasn't around for the damn surveyors showing up on Colorado's property...

P-Dude, what I wouldn't give to have some of your talent! Another great picture. I have all your pictures up as my screensavers. My husband loves them as much as I do! Now, I'm sorry if I mis-credited you on the motion detector thought--I just went back to see who wrote that post, but can't find it now. Oh, well. I'm nothing if not consistent with screwing up something! Fortunately, no one has flamed me yet.

Colorado Lady--everything cool there? No midnight visitors?

Germination update: I can't believe it. Germinated 24 seeds on Sunday, and 23 made it, and all 23 are now about 2 inches high. Talk about highly viable seeds! I was not expecting nearly all of them to germinate. I forgot how SWEET those little seedlings look. I think in a couple of weeks I'll be able to get them outside for an hour or two a day for real sunlight--we are finally supposed to get a bit of a cooling down, and next week, they predict it will be only 90 degrees. At 90 degrees, I can get them outside for morning sun, as long as I cover the soil and watch them closely.

What fun to start again!

And UK and 4U getting together this weekend is just so exciting! I can hardly wait for her plane to touch down in Seattle.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

.....thanks for the great PM....and tell the Math Dude, 'thanks for being a fan'

.....here is one for people who work in the Vet clinics and put down the dogs....

:ciao: Ladies..Hope you are all happy and stoned

.....here is one for people who work in the Vet clinics and put down the dogs....
hmmmm.. I don't think "vet' clinics" euthanize dogs unless they are beyond recovery, or too ill, old to have a quality life.
..uhmmm... It is mostly "shelters".. that euthanizes more animals than any other entity in North America. "PETA", "AHSA", ect...
Animal Shelter Euthanasia

National euthanasia statistics are difficult to pinpoint because animal care and control agencies are not uniformly required to keep statistics on the number of animals taken in, adopted, euthanized, or reclaimed. While many shelters know the value of keeping statistics, no national reporting structure exists to make compiling national statistics on these figures possible.

However, American Humane is one of the founding members of the National Council on Pet Population Study and Policy. The mission of the National Council is to gather and analyze reliable data that further characterize the number, origin, and disposition of pets (dogs and cats) in the United States; to promote responsible stewardship of these companion animals; and based on the data gathered, to recommend programs to reduce the number of surplus/unwanted pets in the United States. The most recent statistics that the Council has published are from 1997, however only 1,000 shelters replied to the survey.

Using the National Council's numbers from 1997 and estimating the number of operating shelters in the United States to be 3,500 (the exact number of animal shelters operating in the United States does not exist), here are the statistics:

* Of the 1,000 shelters that replied to the National Council's survey, 4.3 million animals were handled.
* In 1997 roughly 64% of the total number of animals that entered shelters were euthanized -- approximately 2.7 million animals in just these 1,000 shelters.These animals may have been put down due to overcrowding, but may have been sick, aggressive, injured, or suffered something else.
* 56% of dogs and 71% of cats that enter animal shelters are euthanized. More cats are euthanized than dogs because they are more likely to enter a shelter without any owner identification.
* Only 15% of dogs and 2% of cats that enter animal shelters are reunited with their owners.
* 25% of dogs and 24% of cats that enter animal shelters are adopted.

It is from these numbers that we estimated what is occurring nationwide. It is widely accepted that 9.6 million animals are euthanized annually in the United States.

But what many animal lovers don't realize is that PETA itself may have put down some of those unwanted Dalmatians. The organization has practiced euthanasia for years. Since 1998 PETA has killed more than 17,000 animals, nearly 85 percent of all those it has rescued. Dalmatians may no longer be the breed of the day, but the problem of unwanted and abandoned pets is as urgent as ever. Shelters around the country kill 4 million animals every year; by some estimates, more than 80 percent of them are healthy. In recent years those grim statistics have split the animal rights community. Ironically, PETA has emerged as a strong proponent of euthanasia. (The group is better known for its public condemnations of everyone from fashion designer Donna Karan for her use of fur to the National Cancer Institute for its animal research.) In defense of its policy PETA has insisted that euthanasia is a necessary evil in a world full of unwanted pets. But while the group has some well-known allies, including the Humane Society of the United States, a growing number of animal rights activists claim to have found a better, more humane way.

"PETA regularly uses it's substantial tax-free money and it's celebrity "star power" to pass themselves off as animal "experts" in order to influence shelters to euthanize all pitties rather than to put the temperament-proven ones up for adoption. Oh wait, doen't PETA claim to be against "Specieism"? If they really believe animals have the inherent right to life, then why do they think all pit bulls should die? Don't pit bulls have a right to live and to have a chance, however small, to try to land in good homes with adoptive families? I mean, if you're going to call factory farming of poultry a "Holocaust", then how do you justify funding your own rolling death machines, replete with needles, syringes, and plastic bags to dispose of the bodies? Sorry, I don't care if you eat Tofurky at Thanksgiving and wear corn husks for shoes- if you can flip a happy, healthy, wiggling puppy over in your lap and jam a needle full of kill juice in it's chest and then toss it's lifeless form into a dumpster, then I believe your right to be regarded as a "compassionate animal lover" should be summarily
revoked."
hXXp://petakillsanimals.com/shockingphotos.cfm
hXXp://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/08/one_more_fight.php
hXXp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25214356/
hXXp://www.peta.org/about/numbers.asp
hXXp://www.nokillnow.com/PitbullsLetter2Peta.htm

i agree Hick...My vet didnt put my friend down..Had to go to Human society here..My vet said it was against his code to put an animal down..that he was in the recovery bizz..and now im almost there again with my daisey dog...just aint got it in me..she still moveing around..and has control over her poty breaks..when she gets like Luke was I think she will thanks me..I dont wanna see my friend in pain and suffering again..and cant afford medical for her..okay enough of this..Im a hit my Bong now

A better way may be as L.A. did. All dogs are to get fixed. Breeders may get special dispensation/licence to breed. I dont know if cats were involved with the new rule. Interesting topic Painter, Hick, 4u.

Hi - I just wanted to stop by. I'm new to MP and was just pokin' around and found the FGG (Female Growers Group.) :)

ML

:heart: I:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: each and every one of the FGG :48: :48: :48: :heart:

Hello tc...thats all im saying on subject...did want to give a shout out to the Female group...Ya Ladies been great...each and everyone of ya..Yes even you..musiclover...Ill welcome ya first...but tcbud will properly welcome you when she gets back..I started comeing in here long ago...and was welcomed even though I have a penis:giggle: hope that okay to say...and dont you go drawing no pics either painterdude that sure 2 get you
1.gif
..Ozzy...you need to get ya Female grower huh? Ya jealious huh:rofl: all you Ladies Keep M Green

UKgirl is Now on her flight to Visit me ..The next time she posts it will be from this Laptop in Seattle.:yay:...Have a wonderfull flight..My litle UKgirl:heart:

What an exciting time, UKgirl, in the USA, with 4u!

Welcome MusicLover to the Female Growers Group, if you would like to "officially" join, go to group memberships and click there. Glad to have you at MP, it is a great site, lots of information and real nice folks.

Rained last night, bout a teaspoon.

HICK.....thanks for all the great information......did that drawing several years ago......we went to a shelter nearby and rescued three cats, two of which are still with us......there were several dogs in there who were on death row......probably shouldn't have used the word, 'Vet'......that's my stupidity, should have know better......the Vet clinics will put down an animal if the owner pays them to do it.....

4u2....it is so cool that you love your buddy Daisey and don't want to watch the suffering that Luke went thru......I hope Daisey has some quality time left with you and she will probably love the English woman....wifey took my dog, Sumo, to the Vet to be put down because he could no longer walk without help, couldn't **** without help and peed all over himself....I was in Idaho visiting some old friends.....when she called, I snot cried for hours.....

MUSICLOVER....I too suffer the 'penis' identity in this group of females and am proud to welcome you to the club.......everybody here could become a lifelong friend if you try....

...and HICK.....thanks again for pitching in with all that info....pee-dude

and here's another dumb drawing......

Great picture, PDude! The guy looks nicely ripped....

Nothing from UK and 4U yet????

.....hey mojavimama.....this guy and I have our differences now.....and I try very hard to avoid him....but....the wifey still talks to him when the chance occurs.....thanks again babe.....stay cool out there in the desert, ok?.....pee-dude

Morning.....FGG....
Painter, is that a pic of your "alterego"?

Mojave.....dang you stayed up late.

Have a great day all......

tcbud said:
White Owl....I have stayed in a bunch of RV parks, and some of them were "mobil home" parks. Some were dumps...some nice. All ran about 400 to 450, some with, some without utilities included. I expected ALL of them to have liablitiy insurance. As a matter of fact..just this summer we were in one that had a huge tree limb fall on a fifth wheel trailer, those folks got a brand new trailer and the woman that was injured, she had all her medical paid, and a compensation for suffering is pending. I am glad you did not have any damages to sue them over, yet. What are you gonna do when you come down with some sewage related desease? Did you sign something when you moved in to hold them harmless from any law suits resulting in their negligence? Sure seems like they would at least clean the place up. All that raw sewage ...yuk, I would think the County Health Department would get involved. I am pretty sure raw sewage is not something you want to be stepping in or over. Good luck to you....I hope it gets cleaned up before the rains come, and what is left on the ground rolls down hill toward you.

This park is barely running right now, they want to shut it down. Our rental does say that they are not liable for damages while we are staying here. Right now we are trying to get them to clean it up out there. I have been watering it down, but the lime/lye has caked on the ground & it wont come off easily. As for being sick.... I think I did get the vapors. I have not been breathing very well the last few weeks. I did make a river of water that flows away from the house and it is making a mini Grand Canyon of **** water that puddles in the road across from my house instead of under it. It is terrible!

My Girls???? They have gotten to 3 1/2 feet indoors and are in a SLOOOOOOOW bloom, and I have no where for them to go. Alice in Wonderland is trying to bind them away from the light because they were burning from it. They are all trees!!!!!!!!!
My Topsy Turvey... She is flourishing. The bottom branches have become the tops and are actually taller than the top. Quite a difference from the other girls who have weak and dainty bottom branches. I will try to get some pics soon, it is hard with the hps bulb the camera doesn't like it.

Latest posts

Back