the latest in LED technology?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
umbra said:
While LEDS have always held promise, there is a lack of real world demonstrated grows with comparable results to HID. I have mentioned plasma sulfur lights as well. Again a real lack of real world grows. The only documented cannabis grow with a plasma sulfur lamp is at sannie's site. Coincidentally, he using LEDS as supplemental lighting with remarkable results.

hxxps://www.opengrow.com/index.php?showtopic=40312&hl=sulfur%20plasma&st=0

Those plasma sulphur lights , hold much promise, it's the closest thing to sunlight we have so far, but...what was it..I have some stuff on here about it...NASA's research on it, ...mumm...those lights need a magnetic shield or soemthing of that nature, the bulbs need to be enclosed in a metal or magnetic (forget and not digging) shield, because it emits something (EM?) and has a lot of effects on other machines, and even humans. (we are biological machines afterall) ....I've watched a couple videos of grow rooms with it and the plants looked amazing ... but if you need some sort of shield for your light so it doesn't do certain things I'd just wait until the next advancement in the technology

there are 2 types. the grid is to retain microwave energy, since it is a plasma discharge. the type that sannie is using does not use that technology.

umbra said:
there are 2 types. the grid is to retain microwave energy, since it is a plasma discharge. the type that sannie is using does not use that technology.

Oh so there is more than one make of the S.Plasma light out now? Awesome, didn't realize it had come out yet, thanks for the heads up, Appreciate it

Aha. I get the picture.
If you want to see plasma in action:
Get a candle stub and stick it to the centre of a saucer. Light it and place in the centre of the microwave oven. Place a small cup of water on one side to give the microwave oven a 'load' to work on. (Avoids damage)
Then start the oven.
Wow.
Not recommended for more than 5 seconds or so.

I checked out his grow. At first I thought, this guy has really got it worked out. Then I looked a little more deeply. The lamp he is using is 14,000 lumens and he's got it miles away from the 4 plants. You can see very clearly in the later photos that the fan leaves are going yellow and dropping off and other leaves are already looking washed-out.

The good thing about these lamps is the spectral output, is really like the sun.
Tends to reinforce my own beliefs; I prefer to use mixed spectrum lighting for all stages of growth.

I have attached a chart that I discovered which is a great resource for those who want to compare lamp efficiencies.

[URL="hXXp://www.luxim.com/[/URL]

One more thing. Look at that chart. CERAMIC METAL HALIDE. Where and how much? The specifications look really really good! High colour temp, good efficiency.

lifi-source-efficiency.gif

ive been seeing a good bit of impressive grows on mjp using the hydro led lights.. 63w, 126, 205, and 345 i believe.. but they arent cheap!

umbra said:
While LEDS have always held promise, there is a lack of real world demonstrated grows with comparable results to HID. I have mentioned plasma sulfur lights as well. Again a real lack of real world grows. The only documented cannabis grow with a plasma sulfur lamp is at sannie's site. Coincidentally, he using LEDS as supplemental lighting with remarkable results.

I've done a comparisonof 378w of LED against 1000 HPS. Harvest was 993grs for HPS and 339 for the LED. LED panels are only good for micro grows where ventilation is a problem. I see no other reason to waste your money not even for vegging since your paying approx. 10x for every watt.
ALL manufactures claims are bogus including the heat factor and only there to justify the huge prices.
Look around and you'll never see a LED grow out produce a HID,,,NEVER!

Relentless999 said:
ive been seeing a good bit of impressive grows on mjp using the hydro led lights.. 63w, 126, 205, and 345 i believe.. but they arent cheap!
Impressive in what sense? The only reason they are impressive is because you haven't seen what a 63,126w,205, 345w HID looks like beside it.

Here's a $200 fluro grow that's as good if not better then any of those!
sorry can't post the url but look this up at mjp....
1024 Watt Fluro Grow Dubphiend

Less then 500w of fluros will beat those LED's but everyone has to have the latest and greatest. And then there's what I call the Christopher Columbus Complex. That's when we look around and see how crap LED's are doing in someone else's hands and we think we are the ones that are going to break the LED code and get them to produce what the manuf. claims. Which of course is never going to happen since the LED's would have to produce 3 grams/ watt to do that.

As we engineers say:
"You can't kid metal"

Latest posts

Back