The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think they changed the recipe on that happy frog. Folks buy it for the cute frog. It was great for my first grow but my second grow it brought the PH way down to where the calmag would not take below 5.0. Since, I’ve been taking runoff readings and have adjusted the PH in to Make up trying to keep the runoff at 6.5. I am in the market for new soil tho. I tried an organic soil with batshit but it caused thrips in my tent and the clones just going in to flower have that same soil but the thrips set back my last grow so I’m hoping to stay on top of that if it happens again.
I’m using the strawberry stuff in my auto grow so we shall see how that works out. Good luck Giggy with your issues.
oh btw, I use a heaping teaspoon of CALMAG per gallon of water and it has always worked to keep those ugly spots away 😊
Thought I had your post too but guess not. I'm going to get the stuff on the way home today and hit them with just cal/mag and water for today, will do more tomorrow. I got lodge tonight so I won't have much time. Gotta find some distilled water to test my ph pen too, seams nobody around here sales it. Maybe I need to go to the autoparts store to find it.

Notice he chose the head only pic
Bastard

that would be a bass turd

unlike the tard , the turd lingers

6FC0E00C-1007-46C2-8A47-4A136A3E53D1.jpeg

0B321AA8-D78A-4249-ACF2-09652193A3B0.jpeg

A26D1858-A59D-49E4-A34C-D482B6042DFA.jpeg

Thought I had your post too but guess not. I'm going to get the stuff on the way home today and hit them with just cal/mag and water for today, will do more tomorrow. I got lodge tonight so I won't have much time. Gotta find some distilled water to test my ph pen too, seams nobody around here sales it. Maybe I need to go to the autoparts store to find it.
They should sell it at the grocery store next to the gallon jugs of water.

Your zucchini are beautiful. I’m having a bit of squash and eggplant burnout. I put some up in the freezer breaded and some chunks for winter soup but I’m ready for another veggie now 😂
Close to the time of year that you leave zucchini on doorsteps and run.
that would be a bass turd

unlike the tard , the turd lingers

View attachment 306843

View attachment 306844

View attachment 306845

Alas I lost one of my gorgeous nieces to the Fentanyl patch in her 30's............................. 3.2 RIP Brandy

Close to the time of year that you leave zucchini on doorsteps and run.

Alas I lost one of my gorgeous nieces to the Fentanyl patch in her 30's............................. 3.2 RIP Brandy
I’ve actually done the zucchini and eggplant doordash already.

EGAD and YIKES!!! By total accident, I stumbled upon a news story about a family stranded in Maces Bay that had to be rescued by a Fire Dept pontoon boat -- made just for that purpose.

It turns out I wrote a story about my own experiences at Maces Bay (not a plug, the story ain't for sale and was published decades ago). I'll do a Cliff Notes.

I will just set the stage to tell you there is a place in Canuckistan where the tides average about 27 feet twice a day. The Bay of Fundy. On your bucket list to see.

[Cue Jack Crabb's voice] Seventy years ago, when I was twelve years old, my father and me were wiped out by a band of wild injuns at Maces Bay, just a couple of miles north of St. Andrews-By-The-Sea (real name).

[Jack Crabb's voice back again] We had a two handed galvanized washtub between us, and were walking out over these acre-wide, slightly downward-facing ledges of solid rock with sand in the low spots out to where the tide had just left.

Finally, after perhaps a half mile or more of walking, we were in a 12-year old's fairyland.

As far as I could see to the left and right of me were shallow pools of crystal-clear water, mostly with sandy bottoms, some with floaty seaweed. But the marvelous thing was: FISH! These shallow pools were where flounders stayed when the tide went out!

So my Daddy and I were laughing and chasing flounders Jeremiah Johnson style... and catching them. We went from pool to pool, just catching the largest. The tub was getting difficult to lug, and it looked like the tide was starting to come in anyway.***

***The slanted rock fools the observer into thinking the tide is coming in much more slowly because the raised slab conceals the rising water until it goes over. Also, water rushes around through valleys... but it is not noticeable because of the long exposed top of the slab.

[Jack Crabb's voice back again] We began casually lugging the tubful of flounders back toward the road. We had walked about two hundred yards carrying the tub when we noticed the water was ankle-deep.

We started moving as fast as we could. Not good enough -- we could not outrun the rise of the water level. So we ditched the tub and ran... well, sorta ran-waded. The water was knee-deep, but the pressure wave from the water speed was belt-high.

On the last ledge we both were a long way from touching bottom. We swam somewhere between a quarter to a half-mile.

Now lest you think I am pulling the long bow that a kid and his old man could do such a feat, remember: The tide was pushing us to shore, in a way, and it was salt water. Easier to swim in.

[Jack Crabb One Last Friggin Time] Well that was the end of my flounder-catching period.

Last edited:
They should sell it at the grocery store next to the gallon jugs of water.
Haven't found any yet, just filtered and filtered spring no distilled. I know there has to be some cause some folks just have to have it for their batteries and cooling systems. I'm not one of em.

Latest posts

Back