The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1714562759338.jpg

Just got back from the wilds of Vassar where I picked up some auction goodies. The Old Hen wanted to hit a couple of antique stores to get some stuff for yet another wifey type project. The first one had some grandfather clocks to die for with a price to match (10K), but they had one I fell in love with for $600. If I only could figure out a place to put it.....

Headed home only to find the main drag east & west blocked by a firetruck, police car, and a meat wagon. Didn't see what the fuss over and was glad for that fact. The 20MPH winds made driving the van lots o' fun. Note: If you plan on quitting your job and going into the storm chaser profession, don't buy a Ford Transit Connect unless you want to be the main character in your tornado video.

Snuck out and edged the driveway and sidewalk for the first time this year. Man, that sucker's long! With my bought used Craftsman gas walk behind edger, I didn't even work up a sweat 'til I got out the push broom. For a hundred bucks, that edger sure makes my life easier. Started on the first pull, too.

Broke down and turned the CA off and the boiler back on. House was 66 degrees yesterday but the Old Hen said it was fine. Got up this morning and it was 65. The weatherman said it was supposed to get colder. I waited 'til she headed for town and turned it on. I put it on 69 which was enough to take the chill off.
Life in Michigan.

Broke down and turned the CA off and the boiler back on. House was 66 degrees yesterday but the Old Hen said it was fine. Got up this morning and it was 65. The weatherman said it was supposed to get colder. I waited 'til she headed for town and turned it on. I put it on 69 which was enough to take the chill off.
Life in Michigan.
That was me in Jan.

It struggled its way up to 67 outside. Shirt sleeve weather for me. You'd probably be wearing a sweater.
Only in Jan. It is funny how 67 feels different in May than it does in Jan and it is the same temps? I guess I am psycho, when it cones to weather. I remember in Dec and Jan grilling and it was like 67 I had jacket and a sweater. I go outside in the am now it’s 60 and Im not freezing either. Weird but true.

Latest posts

Back