The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The father of my best childhood friend used to make his own beer, not for the flavor, but for saving money. When you've got four kids and a stay at home wife, you cut corners where you can. He always brewed it in a 30 gallon crock with a towel over the top to keep the flies out.
I was sitting at their dining room table playing poker with him and his two boys. All of a sudden, "BANG", quickly followed by a staccato serenade of equally loud bangs coming up from the basement. We went down to find beer and broken glass all over. He apparently got a little too quick when he capped the bottles, and the green beer built up pressure until one blew, followed by a chain reaction of the rest. One big, stinky mess to clean, I'll tell ya.

Afternoon all you trouble makers. Back from a nice long and relaxing walk. I'm with Hippie, gonna do it no matter what. Saw a bunch of Big Horn Sheep again. Supposed to be a big storm hit in a couple of days so needed to get out.

Time for a nice hot tub and bowl.

The father of my best childhood friend used to make his own beer, not for the flavor, but for saving money. When you've got four kids and a stay at home wife, you cut corners where you can. He always brewed it in a 30 gallon crock with a towel over the top to keep the flies out.
I was sitting at their dining room table playing poker with him and his two boys. All of a sudden, "BANG", quickly followed by a staccato serenade of equally loud bangs coming up from the basement. We went down to find beer and broken glass all over. He apparently got a little too quick when he capped the bottles, and the green beer built up pressure until one blew, followed by a chain reaction of the rest. One big, stinky mess to clean, I'll tell ya.
I had a batch of bubbly wine I was making once as a kid 13yrs old (my Dad brewed too started me early)
I bottled up in heavy pressure vessels (champagne bottles) add.ed more sugar just before bottling to reactivate the yeast to make the Bubbles , into the rack they went. a few days and a warm night same thing , but all my bottles because bombs due to the fact that the corks were wired down to hold them in.
Glass shards everywhere, Mom was PISSED . I spent the next week scrubbing the walls floors and ceiling too

Afternoon all you trouble makers. Back from a nice long and relaxing walk. ice cheaper 2 person I'm with Hippie, gonna do it no matter what. Saw a bunch of Big Horn Sheep again. Supposed to be a big storm hit in a couple of days so needed to get out.

Time for a nice hot tub and bowl.
I miss my hot tub, do you have one with jets , my outdoor 6 person shiit the bed, now I am looking for a nice two person tub with jets. I have a 220line all ready to go. Maybe this spring

Putes Bud of the Month WOOHOO Nice Ice Baby
1612219019275.png

I see her fighting to make seeds , if that is a yellow nanna I see

I am looking for a nice two person tub with jets. I have a 220line all ready to go. Maybe this spring

Got one in my master bathroom.
What a Godsend for my 61yr old bones that are getting beat down via Arthur-itis..
Damm thing holds 100 gallons of water with me in it-

or an occaisional visiting Nurse and 30 less gallons;)

Wow! Just wow! What an athlete!

Anyone else brew beer or make wine?

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...r-by-d-gold/4-6-7-1-d-gold-s-cannabeer-update
https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...-2-a-few-more-thoughts-on-cannabeer-by-d-gold
The father of my best childhood friend used to make his own beer, not for the flavor, but for saving money. I was sitting at their dining room table playing poker with him and his two boys. All of a sudden, "BANG", quickly followed by a staccato serenade of equally loud bangs coming up from the basement. We went down to find beer and broken glass all over. He apparently got a little too quick when he capped the bottles, and the green beer built up pressure until one blew, followed by a chain reaction of the rest. One big, stinky mess to clean, I'll tell ya.

One of the family legends is that one day when the women's church group was visiting my grandmother, a case of green bottles burst one after the other in the basement, totally mortifying her.

I miss my hot tub, do you have one with jets , my outdoor 6 person shiit the bed, now I am looking for a nice two person tub with jets. I have a 220line all ready to go. Maybe this spring

I have two Jacuzzi pumps and the heater out of a 8' hot tub that I dream of installing on a two person hot tub with pumps. Maybe make one out of marine plywood and coat the inside with fiberglass.

Good morning OFC, it's Two Toke Tuesday.

Puff, puff, pass!

Latest posts

Back