The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good morning and happy hump day to all you debt slaves

this has me stumped

most guesses are 9 but I can’t see 9

IMG_7069.jpeg

I’m at the dermatologist I have just enough time to hit up the Chinese food place before picking up Maryjane from the groomer to get some rice and egg rolls 😊
Subbie Dear,

Next time you go to a Chinese food place, when they hand you your order, say:

"syesye nee" pronounced: seeyes-syay nee <-- Practice it a coupla times and its easy.

It means "thank you".

good morning and happy hump day to all you debt slaves

this has me stumped

most guesses are 9 but I can’t see 9

View attachment 346150
Yup. There's 9. Where you are missing one could be found by looking at the bottom (count the obvious small four) and then reversing each larger triangle all ways, one at a time. Get rid of the top triangle.

Just draw the box with the X in it and you will see eight triangles.

Now put the top back on.

Yup. There's 9. Where you are missing one could be found by looking at the bottom and reversing each triangle. Get rid of the top triangle. Just draw the box with the X in it and you will see eight triangles. Now put the top back on.

I do not see the bottom

if I have to use my imagination , count me out , I was never any good solving those tests where one has to fold an object back together to figure out what it is…

IMG_7075.jpeg

IMG_7076.jpeg

I can do these simple ones 🤓🤓🤓

IMG_7077.jpeg

looks like a set of plans for a chinese food container,which is a bit of genius!
You hit the nail onna bean with that one, bro. There is a whole formal college-level thingy for designing boxes and box inserts. It is complex as hell.

It ain't just folding tricks.

Strength <-- From various angles, etc.

Assembly <-- Remember those huge copper "staples"? They caused too many ripped hands, became a liability. Box designers had to replace the concept.

Diversity <-- Every TV screen Mfr makes their outline different. So every TV must have a specially designed box. Same for pots, barber shears, faucets... infinity. Both "Pretty Pack" and shipping/storage.

There's more (I took a course in this, and realized it was too crazy) but you get the idea.

You hit the nail onna bean with that one, bro. There is a whole formal college-level thingy for designing boxes and box inserts. It is complex as hell.

It ain't just folding tricks.

Strength <-- From various angles, etc.

Assembly <-- Remember those huge copper "staples"? They caused too many ripped hands, became a liability. Box designers had to replace the concept.

Diversity <-- Every TV screen Mfr makes their outline different. So every TV must have a specially designed box. Same for pots, barber shears, faucets... infinity. Both "Pretty Pack" and shipping/storage.

There's more (I took a course in this, and realized it was too crazy) but you get the idea.
I was involved in wiring a corrugator a while back for cardboard boxes.
That and what you wrote are big industries.

Latest posts

Back