The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing Turkeys are back but still price twice the price they were
When will the prices go back down?
My wife already grabbed a turkey last week and we had an early Thanksgiving dinner , without stuffing , save that for the real day.
\
Is everyone going through the hassle of doing a turkey?
We do a Ham also.

Some scientists argue that the egg is alive because it contains potential life, while others argue that it is not because it is not actively performing life functions.
And some Scientists are just people who went to college and call themselves that. Do you really trust the Science any longer?

Amazing Turkeys are back but still price twice the price they were
When will the prices go back down?
My wife already grabbed a turkey last week and we had an early Thanksgiving dinner , without stuffing , save that for the real day.
\
Is everyone going through the hassle of doing a turkey?
We do a Ham also.
Ditto last week too!
Ham sounds good .
like to smoke my next turkey

By that same argument, a dead chicken contains everything necessary to support life but life itself.
1700058436545.png

The whole name of my beat-to-crap pork chops is "Weiner Schnitzel". Ya gotta make it yourself...

Besides, you can take out a lotsa frustrations beatin' a 4-inch poke chop into a 10-inch circle. Sometimes, when you then dip the thin meat-tissue into the flour/milk/lemon/egg glop, it gets hard to hold onto.

It gets all better when you drop it in the crunch (AKA: Panko) It generally takes about two cups of panko for two pork chops. TINS.
OOPS. Herself of the Krugerrand hair saw this post and said I should tell youse where I got the recipe:

It was from a little bistro in the shadow of Colditz Castle -- the infamous POW camp for escape-crazy bastages.

I didn't know what "weiner schnitzel" was, so like Herself says: "When Walt is confronted by two evils, he will always choose the one he hasn't tried yet." <-- So I asked for weiner schnitzel, thinking of something like a frankfurter.

Out came this HUGE disk of golden-crusted paper-thin pork, and a big bowl of applesauce. It was so good, I asked the lady running the place if she would tell me what was that wonderful dish, and how it was made. I promised her I would tell nobody in Europe. We walked into the kitchen. Spotless, BTW.

She laughed and said, "Everyone has the recipe. It is easy." She showed me. It was. Same as I wrote down above.

Like we useta say: There It Is.

Latest posts

Back