The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome job @RosterMan. Get it done yourself or with help? I actually used to be pretty good with small engine stuff when I was younger. Mostly Briggs stuff. That bagger mower I bought a while back was B & S but the entire carb is made from that black hard plastic. Most I can get done with it is order a brand new carb but by the time everything is all said and done, I will probably just buy a whole new mower. That's what I get for buying the cheapest one. I will def be studying up on the components of it all before next purchase. Probably be opening boxes in the store before I leave.

Awesome job @RosterMan. Get it done yourself or with help? I actually used to be pretty good with small engine stuff when I was younger. Mostly Briggs stuff. That bagger mower I bought a while back was B & S but the entire carb is made from that black hard plastic. Most I can get done with it is order a brand new carb but by the time everything is all said and done, I will probably just buy a whole new mower. That's what I get for buying the cheapest one. I will def be studying up on the components of it all before next purchase. Probably be opening boxes in the store before I leave.
Yes Most small engines come easy to me. I have worked on them all, and outboards also. Rebuilt about 25 engines in my day from complete rebuilds. More of a hobby and fun for me, and the thrill of reanimating something from the dead.
Lots of times if you know the make and model number you can find cheap new parts for most engines on amazon.
Carbs for like 15-20 bucks, not the greatest but work OK.

I been through a couple of the LA block 318's and 360's. Mostly out of necessity. Them chevy guys got it way too easy.
During rain delays when I used to follow NASCAR we would say... If you listen real close - You can hear the Fords rusting on the back stretch.

Good morning OEM farts and lovely fartesses!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Yes Most small engines come easy to me. I have worked on them all, and outboards also. Rebuilt about 25 engines in my day from complete rebuilds. More of a hobby and fun for me, and the thrill of reanimating something from the dead.
Lots of times if you know the make and model number you can find cheap new parts for most engines on amazon.
Carbs for like 15-20 bucks, not the greatest but work OK.
Turn a 1970 351W in to a Dual Turbo 408 Stoker? No Problem. I suc at Small Engines. I have a shop here that will rebuild anything right in front of me. I use a lot of small engines here, Pumps Cement mixer.

Turn a 1970 351W in to a Dual Turbo 408 Stoker? No Problem. I suc at Small Engines. I have a shop here that will rebuild anything right in front of me. I use a lot of small engines here, Pumps Cement mixer.
There is a young I believe Chinese Girl that can rebuild most anything on youtube, she may be just oriental and I am being a racist.

Latest posts

Back