The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my Brothers just dropped off a Zip of this for me.
Purple Skittles
Message_1615081108494.jpg

Good morning my old fart brethren on this Sunday, Funday morn. Coffee and a session of "wake 'n bake" seems to be in order Start the day off the OFC way and join us. Puffin' 'n Passin'.

Good morning OFC. It's Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!! Thrills and spills, weed and speed. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Sounds like an old advertisement I remember from way back...Alton Illinois Drag Strip! Well, except the weed part...even though now Illinois has gone recreational. Sunday! Sunday indeed!

Bubba

60th wedding anniversary
husband-wife-fighting.gif
I'm staring down both barrels of my 50th....3 more years.....if I remember correctly Hippy is in the same boat....glad to know what is coming.

@ Bubba....same drag strip theme in Wichita except Saturday Night!!! I lived to race back in those days...both on the street and the strip. I was a street outlaw...not any more....I get scared doing the speed limit.

I'm staring down both barrels of my 50th....3 more years.....if I remember correctly Hippy is in the same boat....glad to know what is coming.

@ Bubba....same drag strip theme in Wichita except Saturday Night!!! I lived to race back in those days...both on the street and the strip. I was a street outlaw...not any more....I get scared doing the speed limit.
Same here, but I just have to have one more hotrod...Its either that or a motorcycle, and I already beat those odds once in da' youth and feel "safer" with 4 wheels. I'm staring down about 10 to your senior, not taking SS yet, waiting for next "level" to file, more money and I can still work full time. Hoping to get a good start on retirement by "retiring" all the debt I can.

Bubba

Last edited:
^^^My $$$ is on the rice grinder....the mopar needs wheelie bars....BAD. Although wheel stands look impressive they really slow the car down. Ok to carry your right front for 10 feet or so but the cars that shit and get usually win with evenly matched cars. I never raced a car with AWD or nitrous. We were all motor back in the day. Oh, automatic transmissions were for pussies......give me a 4 on the floor. Guessing the light and winging the gears was a true street racer. Now pay me *****....

Sorry I got excited watching the mopar there. The older I get the faster I remember I was.....all a dream now days....

200w.gif

^^^My $$$ is on the rice grinder....the mopar needs wheelie bars....BAD. Although wheel stands look impressive they really slow the car down. Ok to carry your right front for 10 feet or so but the cars that shit and get usually win with evenly matched cars. I never raced a car with AWD or nitrous. We were all motor back in the day. Oh, automatic transmissions were for pussies......give me a 4 on the floor. Guessing the light and winging the gears was a true street racer. Now pay me *****....

Sorry I got excited watching the mopar there. The older I get the faster I remember I was.....all a dream now days....

200w.gif
Agreed, but I did use a vertical gate shifter and Schaffer Super rev lock clutches. I never ran an Auto, but properly prepared stall speed and shift kit were dam consistent...with 90/10 front drag shocks the weight transferred mightily, but front tires stayed on the ground.

Bubba

You are over my head with the stall converter. I was a hobby racer and my my car was street legal...Drove it to work every day.. I ran F Option and F stock formula 1....mid to lower 12's at 500 ft above sea level. Car was actually faster on the street. Could only launch at 3500 rpm at the strip....5000 on the street.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back