The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are over my head with the stall converter. I was a hobby racer and my my car was street legal...Drove it to work every day.. I ran F Option and F stock formula 1....mid to lower 12's at 500 ft above sea level. Car was actually faster the street. Could only launch at 3500 rpm at the strip....5000 on the street.
With a Jan & Dean cassette in the 8 track jamin' loud. :)

1615208737705.png

I still have a working player and box of 8 tracks in garage , should see if it works still.

@ Bubba....same drag strip theme in Wichita except Saturday Night!!! I lived to race back in those days...both on the street and the strip. I was a street outlaw...not any more....I get scared doing the speed limit.

Just nothing like busty acceleration and the thrill off the race...............................

Memories and memories taken from the previous posts. Wanna sell my 2 old vehicles I have. A 1949 Studebaker 3/4 ton long box pickup in excellent shape. Also have a 1940 Buick coupe, all metal, all original, needs an interior. The straight 8 runs like a top. I want an old school hot rod before I die.
IMG_1228.JPG

Memories and memories taken from the previous posts. Wanna sell my 2 old vehicles I have. A 1949 Studebaker 3/4 ton long box pickup in excellent shape. Also have a 1940 Buick coupe, all metal, all original, needs an interior. The straight 8 runs like a top. I want an old school hot rod before I die.View attachment 269453

your starting price ?

You are over my head with the stall converter. I was a hobby racer and my my car was street legal...Drove it to work every day.. I ran F Option and F stock formula 1....mid to lower 12's at 500 ft above sea level. Car was actually faster on the street. Could only launch at 3500 rpm at the strip....5000 on the street.
Sort of the problem with auto transmissions. For full race that's ok, but those 4000 rpm stall speed torque converters make for exciting stoplight take offs!
On a good day, the little '67 camaro with bored 327 (331 cu in, .040 overbore if I recall) TRW TP-112 camshaft, hooker headers with H-pipe, Edelbrock tunnel ram and dual 660 Holley double pumpers. 4:11 gears, would run high to mid 11 second quarter miles. Just straight up bracket racing.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back