The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning OFC. Finished firing up the sprinkler system and have a bad head....daumn it!!!! I don't have time for this. Trimming coming up, up-potting, planting and a bunch more shit to get done... Gotta get going.

When I shop for heads, I pick up half a dozen at a time, because there has never been a convenient time for a broken one. I usually just rob the parts I need from them instead of digging out and replacing the whole head.

Got one of those converted Siamese Mausers. Also have a Lee Enfield and an Italian rolling block in 45/70. I cast three different weights of bullets for 'em. Got a Remington .458 WM that I haven't even shot yet.

I fell in love with the big calibers and had two .458 WM's. I picked up a Ruger M77 Safari at a gun show and shortly after saw a fire sale on Winchester M70's in Shotgun News, and grabbed one. Both nice rifles, but I loaded them down to around 2000 fps to make them more pleasant to shoot from a bench.

Hee, hee, hee, after inheriting both my guns and loading equipment, my lazy son buys a box of factory loads and he and my nephew fired exactly one round each from a bench.

Hey friends... just wanted to share some info as I'm sure a few here knew this kind giving man...

Burnie passed away finally losing his battle with COPD a few days ago.. was talking with him right up to the end, even sent me his last pack of seeds, something by Loran he wanted me to pass along to our friend in Hawaii... Burnie was one of the most giving people I've ever met.. he'd buy Auto Flower seeds at auction back when I was the Auto Guru.. because he thought I'd like them.. refused any cash.. He's now at his favorite fishing hole sucking in deep breaths of that mountain air... slay them trout brother.. RIP BURNIE..

You are already missed Bernie! Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited:
His last post. He was a cool dude.

burnie

Apr 14, 2021
Didn`t wanna` take any vaccine . But a daughter in health care and and wife believing Faucis every word , it was tough . After 50 years with the same woman ya` learn which battles to fight . Stage 4 COPD , so I probably could use it . No problem with either shot as far as effcts go . And with only a short row to finish up this ol` life....why not ?
My thoughts are.....if ya` want it , take it . And don`t if ya` don`t !
peace

IMG_1288[1].JPG
IMG_1289[1].JPG
IMG_1290[1].JPG
IMG_1291[1].JPG
IMG_1292[1].JPG

Last edited:
Hey friends... just wanted to share some info as I'm sure a few here knew this kind giving man...

Burnie passed away finally losing his battle with COPD a few days ago.. was talking with him right up to the end,
even sent me his last pack of seeds, something by Loran he wanted me to pass along to our friend in Hawaii...

Burnie was one of the most giving people I've ever met.. he'd buy Auto Flower seeds at auction back when I was
the Auto Guru.. because he thought I'd like them.. refused any cash..

He's now at his favorite fishing hole sucking in deep breaths of that mountain air... slay them trout brother..

RIP BURNIE..
I seem to have arrived too late at this venue to really get to know so many, and I have missed getting to know a fine person better. I remember the COPD thing. So sad. RIP Burnie.

I'd think it might be fitting to name some new flower breed after him.

Last edited:
Morning OFC. Finished firing up the sprinkler system and have a bad head....daumn it!!!! I don't have time for this. Trimming coming up, up-potting, planting and a bunch more shit to get done...

Gotta get going.
Sprinklers... OMG. I have got a Rainbird 16-sprayer 4 zone irrigation system here. But it's all messed up after 7 years of no maintenance! Spray heads jammed, the valves don't work (either they don't open or they leak), I've no freaking idea where many of the underground pipes are... this is one of my next big jobs to do.

Sprinklers... OMG. I have got a Rainbird 16-sprayer 4 zone irrigation system here. But it's all messed up after 7 years of no maintenance! Spray heads jammed, the valves don't work (either they don't open or they leak), I've no freaking idea where many of the underground pipes are... this is one of my next big jobs to do.
Call the guy with that kind of a mess. I'm to old.

Looking good Yoop. Keep on Trucking.....

Yeah I have noted a couple of local places that do irrigation. I am not digging in the ground to find everything. Whoever installed it put the valves under the soil! Just great for maintenance eh!

Got a real good friend who has a lawn irrigation business. He's in mid Michigan and does the city of Frankenmuth. You close ?

Yeah I have noted a couple of local places that do irrigation. I am not digging in the ground to find everything. Whoever installed it put the valves under the soil! Just great for maintenance eh!

Mine are all under ground in vaults, so I can access them. I've maintained this system for over 30 years and so far have replaced the controller twice and many heads, but never a valve.

Last year I dug up about 2/3rds of the heads and reset them, because they are on funny pipe and slowly sink down deeper.

Morning OFC. Beautiful day here. I am on scissor duty today and tomorrow. Instead of trimming in the basement I will treat myself an do it on the back deck.

My sprinklers are up and running. Another spring chore behind me. I will get all the planting and other spring duties being me eventually. It is a process every year.....then fall is clean it all up time.

Don't get me started on China....to early. Apparently they control WHO, CDC, Baseball, Basketball, Fake Wrestling and way more than we know. How did this happen.

Latest posts

Back