The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

When the Food runs out
We
EAT Her...........

here is my best friend about 5 years ago getting out of the joint after about 20 years....dude has had two kids since getting out and works full time in the aerospace industry and has opened up an upholstery shop where he moonlights...hard working sumbitch and loyal to the nth degree

View attachment 274395
Pretty rough on jaywalkers in your town, ain't they?

Best you get some real gold, then... while the US dollar will still buy some. It IS (has to) go the way of the Bolivar. The exchange rate for Bolivar to Dollar in 2011 was four to one. Four Bolivars for one US Dollar.

Today (temporarily, until the Dollar catches up as it is most ricky-tick gonna do) the exchange rate is 3,192,848 Bolivars to one USD.

View attachment 274380
Ya know Walt, if'n it gets that bad, gold and silver ain't gonna be worth a damn, either. You'd trade me every ounce of gold ya got for a rifle and 50 rounds to fit it. Trick is, I won't want it. Too hard to cast into bullets, and too soft to make an edged weapon out of, and no nutritional value.
Personally, I'd rather carry ten pounds of hardtack and jerky than ten ounces of gold. What scares me a bit is that I'm getting a healthy case of arthritis in my trigger finger.

building-02.jpg

Dallas, 1976.

I went to this Western Swing dance with some new friends, wearing my new cowboy clothes. Began dancing with this blonde and soon we were getting on great. Then my friend came over and said to her, "Hey, you must be from (some small town)". Why yes, she said, how did you know? "Because all the girls from there are fifteen pounds over."
She ran off crying and I was very upset with my friend until he asked me how old I thought she was. Maybe 20, I said. But no. He knew that she was only 17.

Bought a used SW 357 from a retired ATF agent yesterday. After the business deal I asked him if he had every been vacationing around Ruby Ridge or Waco .. he said no but definitely didn't like my question but I assured him that in today's world we are both in agreement about 2nd amendment stuff including black powder pistols can be carried by felons in public . . in Texas anyway.

It's a bit ironic that this dude's little shop was selling CBD oils and merchandise .. Oh well

Ya know Walt, if'n it gets that bad, gold and silver ain't gonna be worth a damn, either. You'd trade me every ounce of gold ya got for a rifle and 50 rounds to fit it. Trick is, I won't want it. Too hard to cast into bullets, and too soft to make an edged weapon out of, and no nutritional value.
Personally, I'd rather carry ten pounds of hardtack and jerky than ten ounces of gold.
I'll go over the part you din' think about:

When the NotGeld German money was being burnt in furnaces to warm houses (pic can be found) because the MONEY was cheaper than firewood...

AHA late edit... found it:

1624652802751.png

...Those with real gold had servants that worked just for food. In five thousand years, not one year has gone by wherein gold was not valued. Not. One.

Where in the heck did you ever get the idea that ten ounces of gold would be worth less than ten pounds of jerky? THINK about real history, bro... Who ran the show during the Medieval Period?

Was it the gold-holding Barons or was it the serf that had a bag of potatoes?

To make it crystal clear what the actual holding of gold has meant for the survival of the owners over the last several THOUSAND years... let us take a look at the steadiness of it through good times and bad:

In Roman times, an ounce of gold would buy a nice suit of clothes.

In the 1930's an ounce of gold would buy a nice suit of clothes.
1624651926946.png

As you read this, a really nice suit of clothes can be bought for one ounce of gold.

Do you see any kind of continuing value thread in this? As in: The value of gold in all times and in all the world stays essentially the same. Moreover, those who HAVE the gold, make the rules.

Those who are currently holding gold, Hippie, are also holding weapons and ammo.

Those who are currently holding gold are also the type who have food stored.

That leaves the guy walking down the street with ten pounds of jerky with a series of choices:

1. He can sit down and eat it.

2. He can use it to barter for something. <-- Problem is buy a racehorse, sell a mule.

3. He can hand it over to the guy that has the gun pointed at him.

4. He can go over to the nice guy with the gold, silver, guns, ammo, swords, food and offer to work for him for room and board.

He has no other choices... and you know the one he will have to take.

One mo' thang: Those who have the gold and silver ALSO have people working for them. They will not allow some dude walking up with five pounds of jerky and a rifle (he got it by bartering half his jerky) to take the gold.

Those with gold have guns. Those with guns have guns working for them. Those with jerky... I guess can wank, thass about all.

Now. Cut the crap and get some fargin silver, anyway. Get JUNK silver (used US coins).

The wear on junk silver is immaterial... it is counted, not weighed. So a worn-thin silver dime is still 1/10 of a silver dollar. And it is fungible** anywhere on earth.

**You can spend it.

LATE PS: Lissen to yer Unca. This advice could make a huge difference in your fate.

Last edited:
All true Unka. The only way gold and silver will become worthless is when the world is in total anarchy and I don't think I want to be around when man is killing man for survival. if it gets that bad I will simply leave the room. Nuclear war and nothing is left but to kill for survival. No gov't no cops just a world left void from mans destruction.

Until then I will continue growing marijuana. Gold/silver and marijuana to trade.....I will get all the jerky I want.

Spot on, pute. But even then... with absolute anarchy... sooner or later, there will be a coming together of some (enhance survival). A small time passes... and those with the gold will be the ones in charge.

So it actually was, 5000 years ago.

nem. con.

Is it true that in TX, felons can now open-carry provided they are black powder weapons? Crims walking the streets wearing Western Rigs! Dodge City! Where is The Wild Bunch when you need them?

No a felon can't not buy a gun legally in Texas. That's complete bullshit. You can carry without a license but you damn well better not get caught carrying a weapon as a felon. Black powder or not. I know. I am a felon. Lost all my guns in a fire long time ago. 😁

While we are on the subject, I have done this:

1624706891088.png

Walked back into the bedroom, and our king-sized waterbed was absolutely tight-full! EEK. EEK.

Ran outside, turned off the faucet & unscrewed the hose. Not a drop was spilled in the bedroom. Herself could not believe I got away with it.

Latest posts

Back