The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walt sorry to hear about your furry friend. I just lost lilly one of my dogs. She was a very loyal friend.

OK ROSTERMAN, what are you feeding your lady? I had no idea Auto's grow that big and dents. :cool:
It's a friends He said GH Flora series and their Si add (silica) I need to try it myself
1633279293856.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe all he used was GH flora series and the Si add
Not sure on size, but I have seen a few good growers transplant, top and train their autos when breeders says not too.
They can get big if you do it right.
Any auto I grew I left alone from the 1st pot planted in other then germ. Mine got 5-6 tall pine trees , not so great on yields either.
If you find a guy here maybe @Carty can show you the way.
There is one guy here I believe its him .
But what do I know
Yes, he (Carty) has some super posts here. Never done them (autos) so I'm going through his and GMO's grows. Nice thing about this forum,
great DETAILED info. Maybe it isnt "creative" of me, (I'm not a breeder) but most any of the hobbies I do, if I see a great example, and they are willing to divulge I copy it to the letter, without any of my "better ideas" to mess it up. Now I have something that works well hopefully the first time, and then I'm free to modify it to my situation if need be. Also, if something goes wrong, I can inquire from the original author....if I made a bunch of changes, it may not compute, but if I copied exactly, this should aid in curing any problems...I hope anyway.

Autos next then. I havent even looked at the auto seed selections that much. I think from some other posts, an outfit called "Mephisto" but I am not spelling it correctly. I need to read first, then seed shop, or the two I've got.

I guess I had this figured wrong. I thought, 3 gallon pots (if soil), put a bunch more plants than usual, as I had the idea autos were typically small plants....apparently not! So, in a perfect world there really isnt a size difference, just the photo/non photo thing?

I keep harping on size, I am not unfortunately able to do the outdoor thing, I help with indoor small guys that want their own supply and either have a card but cant afford dispensary prices, or dont want a card b/c of 2nd amend fallout. I can pretty much promise results for indoor if they listen, I would not feel comfortable depending on my success outdoors, just flat no experience Nor do I have the place that is safe from theft for outdoors. Back to size, indoors in my cases means tent, not the cheapest, but not Gorilla tents, Mars Hydro, and slightly better 4x4 from Growers House? Nates place, I might have fudged the name. bottom line max height is 6ft, and with pots and hanging lights you don't get all of that.

I've got studying to do, thanks for setting me off in this direction.

Bubba

Yes, he (Carty) has some super posts here. Never done them (autos) so I'm going through his and GMO's grows. Nice thing about this forum,
great DETAILED info. Maybe it isnt "creative" of me, (I'm not a breeder) but most any of the hobbies I do, if I see a great example, and they are willing to divulge I copy it to the letter, without any of my "better ideas" to mess it up. Now I have something that works well hopefully the first time, and then I'm free to modify it to my situation if need be. Also, if something goes wrong, I can inquire from the original author....if I made a bunch of changes, it may not compute, but if I copied exactly, this should aid in curing any problems...I hope anyway.

Autos next then. I havent even looked at the auto seed selections that much. I think from some other posts, an outfit called "Mephisto" but I am not spelling it correctly. I need to read first, then seed shop, or the two I've got.

I guess I had this figured wrong. I thought, 3 gallon pots (if soil), put a bunch more plants than usual, as I had the idea autos were typically small plants....apparently not! So, in a perfect world there really isnt a size difference, just the photo/non photo thing?

I keep harping on size, I am not unfortunately able to do the outdoor thing, I help with indoor small guys that want their own supply and either have a card but cant afford dispensary prices, or dont want a card b/c of 2nd amend fallout. I can pretty much promise results for indoor if they listen, I would not feel comfortable depending on my success outdoors, just flat no experience Nor do I have the place that is safe from theft for outdoors. Back to size, indoors in my cases means tent, not the cheapest, but not Gorilla tents, Mars Hydro, and slightly better 4x4 from Growers House? Nates place, I might have fudged the name. bottom line max height is 6ft, and with pots and hanging lights you don't get all of that.

I've got studying to do, thanks for setting me off in this direction.

Bubba
great seeds IF YOU CAN FIND THEM

Well, I've got time, have to get up to speed, get some silicone, review some info on GMO's hydro setup, this is new for me
and I understand many auto's dont like mess ups and that can happen quick with hydro problems. So again I will be standing on the shoulders of giants to figure out autos!

I see our sponsored Nukeheads vendor has some interesting autos as well. I may have to stick to dirt. Most I help are not growers. They can follow instructions and get how wet or dry they need to be and when, what, when and how much nutes, but all the added hydro stuff may be too much, dirt is more simple, just use OF and 5 gal pots! I can give them a "recipe" for nute solution based on their tap water through a RO filter, down to how many drops of up that has been pre calculated. I think all the monitoring of hydro nute solutions IC, PH, Temps may be too much, and if problems happen with hydro its fast. If it were me myself, I would go hydro like GMO and your friend.

Thanks for the info,

Bubba

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back