The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the morning has started out pretty good and maybe we will all have a good ending to today’s festivities

C18BCE8C-5513-432C-863E-612EBD9C8411.jpeg

6794E95D-5984-45C1-BBF6-C9CF1F08F5A4.jpeg

View attachment 280443
while beautiful Layla has her mellow disposition my dutch has a working dog mentality...loving, loyal, and ready to work...you really don't wanna piss him off...

Dutch is a beautiful dog as well brother!

Describe mellow? A German Shepherd is a dawgs dawg. Every one that we've owned has had a working dog mentality in that they are always there doing what ever we ask them to do, and take on duties of their own without requests. No one enters the property without permission and in the park, while they are indifferent to people and will stand next to a stranger, but will shy away if someone tries to pet them.

All of our shepherds have also had a sweet gentle disposition toward us and strived to be an esteemed pack member, with the females using seduction and the males goofy charm.

I especially like how mentally attuned they are to us and would be hard put to accept another breed, as much as I like all dogs.

Graywolf, Miss Layla is a beautiful dog. Our dogs are our family, babies, best friends. Is she the only dog you have? Is she a good watch dog. No one can get close to my house with my buddy their are the best watch guard. Have a great day. 😁

Miss Layla is the only dog we have right now. We only keep one at a time.

She is also an outstanding watchdog, with incredible hearing. I usually just use light chirps to call her from an where in the house. No one has ever broken into our house since we've had German Shepherds.

Morning OFC. Snow in the forecast later this week. I have a fire but trying not to start up the furnace.

@ GW...sounds like the perfect dog. My Pomeranian, American Eskimo mix is my best friend. She is always by my side. Couldn't fight her way out of a paper sack but always lets me know when some one or something is around.

Thinking I better drain my above ground sprinkler valves today. Supposed to drop below freezing the rest of the week. Won't blow out the whole system for a couple of weeks as the grass will need a couple more drinks before putting things to bed for the winter.

Morning OFC. Snow in the forecast later this week. I have a fire but trying not to start up the furnace.

@ GW...sounds like the perfect dog. My Pomeranian, American Eskimo mix is my best friend. She is always by my side. Couldn't fight her way out of a paper sack but always lets me know when some one or something is around.

Thinking I better drain my above ground sprinkler valves today. Supposed to drop below freezing the rest of the week. Won't blow out the whole system for a couple of weeks as the grass will need a couple more drinks before putting things to bed for the winter.

if you keep talking all that winter trash I will report your arse to the Higher Ups...

feck Old Man Winter and the horse he rode in on...

do you think this girl will finish in time?

52D1CE6C-C49F-418E-9A1E-0F1E178E480B.jpeg

0BA7A721-2783-4721-BA49-0C13DEA13EFF.jpeg

@ GW...sounds like the perfect dog. My Pomeranian, American Eskimo mix is my best friend. Thinking I better drain my above ground sprinkler valves today. Supposed to drop below freezing the rest of the week. Won't blow out the whole system for a couple of weeks as the grass will need a couple more drinks before putting things to bed for the winter.

The perfect dog for us, but as you note your own best friend is a Pomeranian, American Eskimo mix. My youngest sister prefers Pugs and we grew up in the same household. It's good that all those breeds are out there, with such a range of tastes, no? A best friend for everyone!

I love all critters. Dogs, cats, and especially the little yellow bird that loves me and only me and gives me kisses whether I want them or not and makes sure I never eat alone even if I want to.
View attachment 280483
We had a blue Parakeet named Mikey growing up, who talked, sat on our shoulders, et al, passed out kisses, as well as shared our food and my grandmother had a green parrot named Polly who had an incredible vocabulary as well as a sense of humor for when to use it.

Not nearly as pretty as yours though! What kind of Parrot is it?

Latest posts

Back