The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here's the one that got me on the magazine cover; I killed him in a knife fight -- the very knife on my hip in the pic (my gashed/bandaged left hand & arm can't be seen):
View attachment 297720

More mudane, but more exotic at the same time... here is mommy peahen and her baybees 20 years ago:
View attachment 297724

Growin' up:
View attachment 297726View attachment 297721

Their first hiney fluff-up trials:
View attachment 297725

And here they are on the front lawn 20 years later. Momma and three boys:
View attachment 297722

And to complete the story and bring it up to date, here is the Riverboat Gambler all dressed in white who seduced Momma and got her to run off with him and abandon her fambly:
View attachment 297723
Never saw her again. The boys are still here this moanin'...
A knife fight hummmm.............
I heard once the hog saw who he was fighting he just up and died from fright LOL
tenor.gif

Morning OFC. Good to see you post Joe. Hope you are doing better.

Almost time to plant. Still in the 30's the next couple of nights but I need to get these flowers and veggies in the ground. I started my maters from seed in early April and they are getting big. Damn Colorado weather! Been a cool spring.

Morning OFC. Good to see you post Joe. Hope you are doing better.

Almost time to plant. Still in the 30's the next couple of nights but I need to get these flowers and veggies in the ground. I started my maters from seed in early April and they are getting big. Damn Colorado weather! Been a cool spring.
Thank you Pute .Each day gets a little easier .
And at night when we say good night to each other we still do the same thing and will always say " Good Night Buddy ,followed by Good night Handsome" He was her handsome boy. We live in the honor of having shared his life with us ..

Well, here's the one that got me on the magazine cover; I killed him in a knife fight -- the very knife on my hip in the pic (my gashed/bandaged left hand & arm can't be seen):
View attachment 297720

More mudane, but more exotic at the same time... here is mommy peahen and her baybees 20 years ago:
View attachment 297724

Growin' up:
View attachment 297726View attachment 297721

Their first hiney fluff-up trials:
View attachment 297725

And here they are on the front lawn 20 years later. Momma and three boys:
View attachment 297722

And to complete the story and bring it up to date, here is the Riverboat Gambler all dressed in white who seduced Momma and got her to run off with him and abandon her fambly:
View attachment 297723
Never saw her again. The boys are still here this moanin'...

Nice picture of the hog. You killed it with a knife. Was that hard to do. I was at a friend's house when he tried to kill a hog and he had such a hard time wasn't a pleasant situation.

Love the white peahen. Do they ever attack people?

Thank you Pute .Each day gets a little easier .
And at night when we say good night to each other we still do the same thing and will always say " Good Night Buddy ,followed by Good night Handsome" He was her handsome boy. We live in the honor of having shared his life with us ..
I understand having no children ourselves my wife and I have a fur kid
And we treat him as out child . I exploded on the Vet last week for not being able to give me 5 mins on a phone call about an ongoing problem he has seen my dog for and even was trying to give me meds to try for him.
A young girl called to tell me what the doc was planning to do, I ask can I speak to him and she was like NO he is very busy.
Turned out is was his daughter and I hang flung a few choice words her way
as to why he was to Fing bust to take my call.
My Dog is our Child ,
So yes Joe my heart greaves for you as I type with tears in my eyes.
Do you plan down the line to maybe get another ?
Took us 2 yrs before we even thought about it, but in reality it was the best thing for us to do when you are ready/

We did a similar thing back in the early 70's with a straw, rubber band, and plastic bag when things were tight. The first person took a toke and exhaled into the plastic bag, which they passed to the next person, who toked, exhaled into the bag and passed it back.

We also passed smoke while kissing, which is more fun. Two for the price of one.

What fell off fast with the bag was the flavor and they got all wet inside. I can't remember much wrong with the kissing method except getting distracted.
I ain't kissin' ya, no matter how hard up for a buzz I am.

I understand having no children ourselves my wife and I have a fur kid
And we treat him as out child . I exploded on the Vet last week for not being able to give me 5 mins on a phone call about an ongoing problem he has seen my dog for and even was trying to give me meds to try for him.
A young girl called to tell me what the doc was planning to do, I ask can I speak to him and she was like NO he is very busy.
Turned out is was his daughter and I hang flung a few choice words her way
as to why he was to Fing bust to take my call.
My Dog is our Child ,
So yes Joe my heart greaves for you as I type with tears in my eyes.
Do you plan down the line to maybe get another ?
Took us 2 yrs before we even thought about it, but in reality it was the best thing for us to do when you are ready/
My honey does not want to go thru that again, I think in time we will .
Its been a teary day just gettin back on with my friends !

Latest posts

Back