The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning everybody, happy fry-day. We have had our hands full around the house. Every time my mother inlaw takes her eyes off of my father inlaw, he walks out the door at least he has been coming to my house. I got to go to town for work, will chat at yall later.
Sew His name and address with contact info into his clothing , 1st responders look for that like a shirt or inside pants label.
Also keep notes in his pockets so anyone finding him will know to call his family if he does wonder away.
I went through this with my dad.
Good Luck Brother

Sew His name and address with contact info into his clothing , 1st responders look for that like a shirt or inside pants label.
Also keep notes in his pockets so anyone finding him will know to call his family if he does wonder away.
I went through this with my dad.
Good Luck Brother
This is a good idea. Maybe if you can get a GPS button for him to pin on his clothes each day so you can find him. Our daughters motherinlaw wonders off all the time. She doesn’t always take her cell phone sometimes just an empty purse because it matches her outfit. She has been found many times via cell phone and has caused major panic attacks as well. Both my mother and my husbands mother refuse to wear their medic alert button. This is a very scary problem. Good luck to you and your family 💕

Morning everybody, happy fry-day. We have had our hands full around the house. Every time my mother inlaw takes her eyes off of my father inlaw, he walks out the door at least he has been coming to my house. I got to go to town for work, will chat at yall later.
Wonder if that invisible fence thing would work on the old boy? It would get his attention, for sure. 🤪

This is a good idea. Maybe if you can get a GPS button for him to pin on his clothes each day so you can find him. Our daughters motherinlaw wonders off all the time. She doesn’t always take her cell phone sometimes just an empty purse because it matches her outfit. She has been found many times via cell phone and has caused major panic attacks as well. Both my mother and my husbands mother refuse to wear their medic alert button. This is a very scary problem. Good luck to you and your family 💕
Sad truth is most people who come down with this type of disease do not have the mind to accept the fact that they have it. So giving them special devices will do no good , they will either toss it or never carry it. My Dad wanted his car keys and that was all he focused on, would have to actually fight him to give them up.
His driving days were over after he got lost a few times and was found in parking lots in a local town where he used to live. Sad....
I finally took the distributor off the car so he could still think he was driving somewhere. He gave up soon after the engine would not start anymore and never went back to the car again. The chain button he would have ripped off
he was even more stubborn than I. LOL
I pray I may never be that burden to my wife.

Sad truth is most people who come down with this type of disease do not have the mind to accept the fact that they have it. So giving them special devices will do no good , they will either toss it or never carry it. My Dad wanted his car keys and that was all he focused on, would have to actually fight him to give them up.
His driving days were over after he got lost a few times and was found in parking lots in a local town where he used to live. Sad....
I finally took the distributor off the car so he could still think he was driving somewhere. He gave up soon after the engine would not start anymore and never went back to the car again. The chain button he would have ripped off
he was even more stubborn than I. LOL
I pray I may never be that burden to my wife.
I know, I too hope my mind outlasts my body. Trying to get lessons learned from our parents to be more ready when it’s our turn.

When my Mom got really bad, my brother installed a wifi "baby" cam in her house. He told her that it was a smoke detector. We both used it to check up on her now and then, but did not abuse the power. Saved me from having to get dressed and drive over her house every time she didn't answer the phone.

When my Mom got really bad, my brother installed a wifi "baby" cam in her house. He told her that it was a smoke detector. We both used it to check up on her now and then, but did not abuse the power. Saved me from having to get dressed and drive over her house every time she didn't answer the phone.
I have a few wifi cams
I may have to install one or two at the wifes Moms house.
She's pretty Hot

1660921014778.png

Latest posts

Back