The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roster, does your lawn tractor talk to you? My Frankendeere talks to me. I went out to grab the gas edger to haul it up to the front so I could change the black stuff that used to be oil. I had to drag it past FD. FD says, "Hey dad! You gonna suck up the rest of the leaves that the two maples finally dropped?" I said maybe. FD said, "Come on, dad! Let's get 'em!"
I spent 45 minutes bagging up the rest. Made three trips to the pile with six bags o' leaves and grass. She sure was smiling. She did a fine job, too.
I even got the oil changed in the edger!
Wow. Mine talks me into going back inside and eating something. Can't stop thinking about those blasted pork stores!

Went on a diesel, and then the famous Nautilus. The Nautilus is tiny. There isn't room to fart. The "radio room" is about the size of a chair. A small one.

I would take a position in a hot LZ with a lot more confidence than to get inna boat that has no windows... and is supposed to sink with you innit. And is supposed to come back up all but the last time... Brrrrr... (shake).

AHA! I thought of the seminal difference: Everybody on a fire team gets to shoot at the Bad Guys. One dude alone onna sumbarine gets to shoot... maybe. But everybody outside the big steel pipe gets to shoot at everybody on the sunk boat. That is just stinky. Not even cheatin' fair.

There was a hilarious comic routine (Jose Jiminez?) where he describes their six-month tour underwater, and the Captain announces they will be surfacing either by the coast of Greenland, or somewhere near Buenos Aires... When asked for daily life, he mentioned things had been pretty quiet after the third riot...

1700130974208.png

I was lucky to be invited to putting a sub on water party .
Was with a Brother RIP who was a mariner and his friend that advised the Navy.
Got to go on a sub that was on display in Groton.
Two of Dad's brothers were submariners, and I toured the Groton museum and sub as well with his younger brother. Did you see the vintage wooden submarine with the hand augur for drilling hulls on display there?

Latest posts

Back