The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning old farts and kindly fartesses! Hugz all around, passing left!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

yes i am young 60s my grandson is a pilot in the airforce, my youngest kid is 35, 17 grandchidren half live in england, i use to live in england for a while, my wife born and raised in england wanted to live here in the us for a while

i have 2 kids here in the usa and 3 kids in the uk
Fruitful bunch

Hope you guys are hungry. My SIL saved the ham bone for me from Thanksgiving dinner (she doesn't do leftovers) so I chucked it in a pot of water and boiled it for a couple of hours, diced up an onion and some potatoes, and tossed in a bag of 15 bean soup beans. It's been simmering for half an hour and has the whole house smelling devine.
I've got a dentist's appointment at 1520, so I'll be nice and wait 'til I get home before I eat any. Don't want to singe any nose hairs while I'm there.

Hope you guys are hungry. My SIL saved the ham bone for me from Thanksgiving dinner (she doesn't do leftovers) so I chucked it in a pot of water and boiled it for a couple of hours, diced up an onion and some potatoes, and tossed in a bag of 15 bean soup beans. It's been simmering for half an hour and has the whole house smelling devine.
I've got a dentist's appointment at 1520, so I'll be nice and wait 'til I get home before I eat any. Don't want to singe any nose hairs while I'm there.
Wow, 15 beans! Love bean soup, but I only use 4 different beans. What all is in your mix?

They sell a 15 bean mix at walmart
Thanks for the heads up. I don't do Walmart but just looked on Amazon to find that they carry the mix. Alas they don't say what those beans are, but I also notice they have a 32 bean soup with vegetables mix. Maybe time for some experimenting.............................

I made it a little different than I usually do. I followed the recipe on the bag but added potatoes which I always do but omitted the lemon juice. I was blowing up the sheets last night for sure. Old Hen and Pullet said they really liked the new effort. I'm gonna make a loaf of French bread to go with it today.

Latest posts

Back