The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love beans and cornbread.🥰
Do does my dad his wintertime fav. Then his old ass wants buttermilk for the cornbread next day for breakfast. He crumbles it up put it in a bowl and top it with buttermilk and eats it like cereal. Glad I didn't grow up in the great depression era

I made it a little different than I usually do. I followed the recipe on the bag but added potatoes which I always do but omitted the lemon juice. I was blowing up the sheets last night for sure. Old Hen and Pullet said they really liked the new effort. I'm gonna make a loaf of French bread to go with it today.
I add a cup of distilled vinegar into the bean soak water and then rinse the beans before adding new water and cooking. The pinto, lima, great northern, black bean mix that I use produces very little flatulence when cooked that way.

I add a cup of distilled vinegar into the bean soak water and then rinse the beans before adding new water and cooking. The pinto, lima, great northern, black bean mix that I use produces very little flatulence when cooked that way.
My grams taught me to soak in a tbs of baking soda over night then rinse. It also removes the gas.

Good morning venerable farts and fartesses! Hugz all around, passing left!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Latest posts

Back