The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the well wishes all. Dad got through the heart procedure like a champ. They put 3 stents in! He went home the same day. yay!

Woke up early this morning after having a totally insane nightmare dream..lol I hate my mind sometimes.

Drinking coffee and listening to some InfoWars. No major plans today, just Chilling. Supposed to be nice today.
Brother,,Tell your Dad to take it easy for awhile and whatever he does Do Not Strain going to the bathroom or picking something up.
He can blow the Stent before it's seated and attached itself good. I've seen it happen and it's not good.
I got over the Open Heart Surgery quicker then I did the stent.
Glad he is feeling better. He will eventually feel a lot better once the stent heals. He will need to stay on his Blood Thinner and aspirin for the rest of his life. And of course a statin.

Last edited:
That happened to my brother. He had the widow maker and lived, got a stent, and the world was lovely. A couple of months later, the stent slipped. Another heart attack. They fixed it again and he's back in action. The heart doc told him that his output (?) was 30%. His oldest daughter asked him what that meant. Smart ass me said, "That means his next heart attack will be his last one."

That happened to my brother. He had the widow maker and lived, got a stent, and the world was lovely. A couple of months later, the stent slipped. Another heart attack. They fixed it again and he's back in action. The heart doc told him that his output (?) was 30%. His oldest daughter asked him what that meant. Smart ass me said, "That means his next heart attack will be his last one."
Not necessarily my dad had 5 heart attacks in the 70s His dr told him if he ever had another one it world kill him. 3 heart attacks and a cardiac episodes later ad here we are. He is still kicking. Cancer is trying to take him out. He is a fighter and is winning on all accounts.

Sounds like the old boy's a fighter for sure. ❤️

Took my bride out for our Tuesday pub socializing. I told her before we left to not let me take any oxies no matter what. My spine had been on full revolt ever since I worked on the Honda last Thursday (?). Sitting really fires it up. Broke down and ate two as soon as we got home. I'll be looking forward to the first good night's sleep in days.
I hate taking pills, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I got a 'script for 25 back in 1/5/23 when they carved the top quarter of my right lung out. Still got 19. Am I a pill head?

No. With my ribs, them Norcos I had are around 2 years old. We save stuff like that for if the SHF. For about 3 days straight I was taking one every 4 hours when I was awake. Different when you have actual real pain! This time there was no buzz. After 3 days I stopped sort of on purpose just in case, then fought things with tylenol. Now I'm not taking anything. Everyday when I wake up it takes just a little longer before things start hurting. I still avoid coughing or sneezing if I can help it.

Happy Valentines Day brothers and sisters!

Valentine-Clip-Art_13.png

Snuck off and went to Lucky's. My favorite neighbor gave us a gift card for Christmas to the place. I'd quit going because the food sucked. First time I went, I got a bacon cheese burger and fries. Burger tasted like a dried out sponge with grease smeared on it. Can't remember what I got the second time, but I do remember that it sucked, too. Third time I ordered a baked potato. How can you screw up a baked potato? Easy. Serve it raw. Three strikes, you're out..

Today was a pleasant surprise. Everything we ordered came out cooked to perfection. Brought home enough to feed the both of us for the evening munch. I gotta quit slamming the place now.

No. With my ribs, them Norcos I had are around 2 years old. We save stuff like that for if the SHF. For about 3 days straight I was taking one every 4 hours when I was awake. Different when you have actual real pain! This time there was no buzz. After 3 days I stopped sort of on purpose just in case, then fought things with tylenol. Now I'm not taking anything. Everyday when I wake up it takes just a little longer before things start hurting. I still avoid coughing or sneezing if I can help it.
Any constipation ?

Sounds like the old boy's a fighter for sure. ❤️

Took my bride out for our Tuesday pub socializing. I told her before we left to not let me take any oxies no matter what. My spine had been on full revolt ever since I worked on the Honda last Thursday (?). Sitting really fires it up. Broke down and ate two as soon as we got home. I'll be looking forward to the first good night's sleep in days.
I hate taking pills, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I got a 'script for 25 back in 1/5/23 when they carved the top quarter of my right lung out. Still got 19. Am I a pill heI have been taking Oxy for years and I just downgraded to Hydrocodone. My system has always been screwed up for all drugs. Oxy's give me a speed high like mad. My wife and daughter ask me did you take an Oxy today. Cause I cant shut up. Pot used to do the same thing when I smoked. So I started using Oxy for when I felt tired in the middle of the day so I quit it. Since I make my CBD salve I don't need it any more. It's not a cure all but for Arthritis it's the best.

What's happened to this forum? Appears to need resuscitation - I say that respectfully
Glad you stopped by. Nothing to worry about.It will be fine. Ppl come and go. If every member here only posted on one thread all day it would seem busier. I'm glad everyone spreads the love and their grows on several threads.
I've been here 15yrs. We have some good members here and will have more eventually. And I say that respectfully.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back