The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4863.jpeg

I took a couple barrels, drilled holes in the bottom, and have been filling them with my used dirt over the past few months.
The white one was filled first.
Both barrels are sitting under the edge of a roof, so they get water flushed through them every time it rains.
I assure you, the white one is well flushed by now.
My plan is to start reusing the dirt, starting with the white barrel.
I don’t know if it will cause any issues or not, but I am fixing to find out, lol.
Anyone care to make any predictions?

View attachment 354595
I took a couple barrels, drilled holes in the bottom, and have been filling them with my used dirt over the past few months.
Both barrels are sitting under the edge of a roof, so they get water flushed through them every time it rains.
I don’t know if it will cause any issues or not, but I am fixing to find out, lol.
The way I see it is why not reuse it as long as the salts are flushed out good.
After all you are going to feed it with chemicals anyway so there goes any organic materials that good soil has in the beginning.

View attachment 354595
My prediction is you’ll be fine. I reuse dirt every year.

GW, I've been meaning to ask you, how did your elephant chaser turn out?
It appears to have died a natural death. I picked up the inverter and amplifier for a test sled, but my electronics genius builder died of old age and I subsequently discovered on further research that someone else had unsuccessfully tried something similar. It worked briefly and then didn't, because elephants are smart.

In addition, the main proponent for the NFT to fund it, retired due to age related disabilities, so I would say that it is on indefinite hold................

Latest posts

Back