The progress of my current and first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woops i made a mistake. the main light that is in the green fixture above the plant is a GE daylight 6500k color 26w CFL, the other 2 are the 2700k

Myrtle is one hot momma , so mastersativa i have a question for ya.. what kinda stuff should i put in the soil i hear salt/bloom boost? all sorts of scientific stuff im lost...

Right now i am using a mix of my own creation, lol. I had some MG potting soil to start with. Themi bought a big bag of organic soil and a small bag of vermiculite and mixed all three together in a big rubbermaid. I like the little nutes i get from the MG to start with and then when the plants start to show deficiancy i can add my nutes when i water. Thats why i use the little bag of MG, i think three pound, same with the vermiculite, then add 10 pounds of organic to it all. Seems to be working for me. I would suggest to get some soil that is better suited for mj though, like some foxfarm or something from your local hydro shop. Most people say MG is the worst thing to do, but i have had good luck with it and i believe Stoney only uses MG, but i may be wrong about that. I say go with what you can get easily, Theback forty dirt will work if its all you can get, lol, that what my outdoor grows get, good ole mother nature.

Oh yeah, Myrtle is quite the looker isn't she?

Greg, topping is when you cut or pinch the new growth coming from the top of your plant. When you have good fan leaves growing an you see the next set coming in, wait till they seperate and start to grow there seperate ways thentake a razor knife and cut the stalk , being careful not to nick the other parts of the plant. Or just pinch it off there, that the method i used was just pinching the new growth off.

mastersativa said:
Greg, topping is when you cut or pinch the new growth coming from the top of your plant. When you have good fan leaves growing an you see the next set coming in, wait till they seperate and start to grow there seperate ways thentake a razor knife and cut the stalk , being careful not to nick the other parts of the plant. Or just pinch it off there, that the method i used was just pinching the new growth off.

im to scared to even touch my plant lol let alone cut it up.. why do ppl use this topping method whats it for?

Topping cause a main branch to split into,2 main branches.

i just took a gander at my plant and under the leafs on the stem and branches that are starting to grow its starting to turn kinda a rust color or redish? whats up with dat?

yeah, what hesaid, lol. topping in my case started to keep the plant short but with the same yield as if it was tall. So topping it will make it grow two colas from the onesingle cola every time you top it. Thats why i vegged this so long, i topped it, man i am thinking four times, but when i think about it it had to be six cause i have eight big colas and two little ones. I only have four branches growing from her, i think because i did all the topping, but if ya think about it, how much bud do ya get from the side growth compared to the colas.

I am not sure what the color changing means. Mine did the same thing then turned purple. I didn't do anything about it or ask cause i wanted to wait and see if it was gonna hurt her, it hasn't seemed to cause they are still purple and she looks great.

was at 89 degree's im turning the big 2' bar floro off till i get a correct exhaust fan , dont wanna cook my baby over night, also i see in your set up you have bulb splitters i didnt even think about this i could be runnign 4 26w 6500k CFL instead of 2. that would be 6400 lumens in a square foot.

You canrun even more than that bro, you can take one splitter, then screw a splitter into each end of that. Then you get four bulbs for one socket. i will be doing that when i add more bulbs to mine.

wouldnt that be a fire hazard? or do the splitters regulate the Wattage?

Depends on what you use as a fixture, my fixtures are rated to 250w. If you have a fixture rated for 100w and plug in four 26w bulbs, you are at 104 watts, a little over the limit but will probly still work, but like i said, my fixtures are rated for a 250w bulb. Also you should ALWAYS have your lights and fans plugged into a surge protector with gfci.

heres some updated better pictures of my current grow.

weed 001.jpg

weed 002.jpg

Looking good GG.

The red/purple stems are due to low temps,not a problem though.

GROW FASTER! the MJ grow bug has me by the throat now..

Your babies are looking good. Here's some GREEN MOJO to give them a boost. ;)

ok so i went and bought a splitter for one of my fixtures , and bought a little cheap buld to go with it, its nothing special plan on sticking another GE 26w CFL 6500k in there but for now this was 1.50$ its a westpointe 13w 4100k CFL. that puts out another 800 lum , so with all my lights im now at 4100 lumens for 1 square ft , and colors all through the spectrum from 2700k - 6500k , once done vegging i will switch to 12/12 like i said once before and go for 4, Soft white 2700k CFL's in the 1200-1750 lumen area. here are some pictures of the new set up ,

if you look closely you can see the two "daylight" or "natural" bulbs are directly 3" over the top of my plant , those two bulds are 6500k % 4100k

the other two to the right of the the daylight bulds are 2700k one in bar floro form(which i keep off now till i get my exhaust fans cuz it gets to hot) one in CFL spiral form..

PS: i have 3 threads about this and no one will answer me, What should i be putting in the soil ? in english plz im a beginer.

weed101 003.jpg

weed101 005.jpg

weed101 006.jpg

weed101 007.jpg

Looking pretty good so far GG.. As for what kind of nutes you should be putting in your soil right now all depends on what kind of soil you are using.. If you used a soil with added nutrients i wouldn't worry about adding anything but water for the first 3 weeks to a month.. If you are using an organic soil without and additives you should start giving nutes about right under the three week mark.. I would recommend FoxFarm Grow Big.. it comes with a chart showing you just how much to add to your water and when to do it.. Since your plant is so little start the nutes off at about 1/4th or 1/2th strength and just see how the plants react to what you have given them.. This process will take some trail and error most likely but it will pay off :D Good luck!

Latest posts

Back