The Winter of My Discount Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ArtVandolay said:
You know who you are :hubba: :hubba: :rofl:

I think of myself as a vintage model with low miles.....:hubba:

BBFan said:
So, do we bow before the future king of Shed growing? I think 4U2Smoke may give you a fight.

Now is the winter of our discount tent
Made glorious summer by this Art Vandolay;
And all the clouds that low'r'd upon his shed
In the deep bosom of the ganga growing.

Good to see you finally settled my friend.

Gee, BB, that was real nice! I'm all choked up! We're really happy to be here, thanks.

all choked up.jpg

Green Mojo you old dog!!! A shed? I see you're moving on up. Sure you
can handle all that extra space?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I gotta pull up my lounge chair for this one old boy. Hey Hammy.... Get the video recorder. This should be a good dog fight!!!:D

Art! Good to see you settled and getting your grow on again. My last harvest was Feb time and just started a new grow last month so can imagine how excited you are to see that green again.

How have things been mate? Set-up is looking good. Think i may follow along on this grow. Lots of Green Mojo to ya.

Budsterman said:
Green Mojo you old dog!!! A shed? I see you're moving on up. Sure you
can handle all that extra space?

:D Budster! Good to see ya, buddy! :D Yeah, I don't miss my cardboard boxes :D

Jericho said:
Art! Good to see you settled and getting your grow on again. My last harvest was Feb time and just started a new grow last month so can imagine how excited you are to see that green again.

How have things been mate? Set-up is looking good. Think i may follow along on this grow. Lots of Green Mojo to ya.

Jericho! Long time no see, how the heck are you? I didn't know you were in the Mediterranean! I thought Jericho was on the Dead Sea :rofl:??

Thanks for stopping by. What are you growing? :D :icon_smile:

Hey, Roddy :D I hooked up the 400w HPS a few days ago, it finally cooled off enough to run it! I'm still vegging the girls. Dirtyolsouth gave me some good advice to try to even up the canopy, so I'm working on that. But I'm getting impatient to get to flowering, I'll get a few pics up this w/e :icon_smile:

I also need to pick up a carbon filter, the whole shed already smells like, well... :eek: never mind. It's because I'm venting the exhaust air inside the shed to try to retain some of that heat. I used to vent outside.

Finally, I put the small ceramic heaters in each tent to maintain minimum temps. So everything is up and running smoothly :D Thanks for askin!

Great to see ya growing again Art.

Be here at the nest watching.:watchplant:

ArtVandolay said:
Jericho! Long time no see, how the heck are you? I didn't know you were in the Mediterranean! I thought Jericho was on the Dead Sea :rofl:??

Thanks for stopping by. What are you growing? :D :icon_smile:

hehe, I mention many times that I live in the Mediterranean, Being a marijuana site hardly surprising that no one remembers:smoke1:. You are right about Jericho being above the dead sea. I just chose the handle because I'm a bit of a history junky and happened to be reading about it when I joined.

Im still growing my Autos, MI5 and RRF, Great high and yield so until I get my self a second tent to mess around with I'm sticking to the strains I know. Hopefully my Xmas present for my self will be a new 4x4x6 tent so i can have about 5 autos going at a time.

Make sure you get lots of pics up in this GJ.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Art Im in but I forgot my foil hat.... Where are your extra's??

Security should have issued you an emergency temporary hat at the door, JaaM :eek:

The security guy said that he was all out of xxxxxsmall hats...? maybe my exoskeleton will work the same as the foil??

So you goin with Southern or Northern Hemishpere this run??

Howdy Art, the shed's looking good. i'll be pulling up a barstool for this grow. Plants seem happy. What size are those buckets? What are you using for soil?

Best of luck.

cubby said:
Howdy Art, the shed's looking good. i'll be pulling up a barstool for this grow. Plants seem happy. What size are those buckets? What are you using for soil?

Best of luck.

:ciao:Long time no see, cubby! Thanks for stopping in!:ciao::ciao:

Those are 2 gallon buckets. I was going to veg the girls to about 2 1/2 - 3 feet (because the tent is 7' high) but I decided 2 gallon buckets wouldn't be big enough for plants that tall :( What size buckets do you think I need for 5' plants?

The soil is straight up FFOF and I need to dig up my plant supports before they start falling over in it :icon_smile:

ArtVandolay said:
What size buckets do you think I need for 5' plants?

Hey Art! I'd go with at least a 5 gallon pots for a 5' plant, but you'd probably get better results with a 7 gallon. You gonna try smart pots?

BBFan said:
Hey Art! I'd go with at least a 5 gallon pots for a 5' plant, but you'd probably get better results with a 7 gallon. You gonna try smart pots?

BB! How are the heck are you? Getting cold, I bet! Yes, it's time to deploy 5 gallon buckets. Hi ho it's off to Lowes I go ;) Next grow for sure. I don't know what smart pots are - I'll check them out! Good to see you, my friend!

Smart pots are a type of cloth pot, though it's actually a woven plastic. Roots don't spiral the way they do in plastic or terra cotta pots (they air prune). Creates lots of fine feeder roots. Really should check them out.

Yeah, thanks for reminding me how much I love the cold. My invites still open if you wanna come up and enjoy some of the beautiful weather- I'm thinking January? :rofl:

Latest posts

Back