The Winter of My Discount Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can grow 5 footers easy in one gallon Smart Pots.....first run with Larry OG they were almost 6 feet tall in the one gallon SP's....

got a case of those smart pots sitting in the corner collecting dust...

grow is looking good friend.:)

ok, heres a tip for ya. i'd secure both ends of that flystrip. just a fyi. thier dangerous when you poke your head in for a lil peek, and it can be like a brutal attack on a grower. think i'm joshing? just look at these two...:p

thumbnailCA47PRV7.jpg

thumbnailCA7RW3U4.jpg

Hamster Lewis said:
I can grow 5 footers easy in one gallon Smart Pots.....first run with Larry OG they were almost 6 feet tall in the one gallon SP's....

He isn't bragging -- he CAN grow a 5' plant in a one gallon pot. Why on Earth would anyone brag about that though. The plant would be over nuted, root bound, and probably a bit on the whispy side, but anyone could do it. My question is WHY?

Peace

Irish said:

So what does that mean Irish? You can't get the case open or you don't like them? What don't you like about them?

Hey Art, I would recommend the smart pots as well...great little gems! As BB said, they air prune which makes for more roots and happier plants! Around $5 for a 5gal, a little more for a 7gal (which would work great for your 5'-6' gals..trust me), you can't go wrong! IMHO of course!

ArtVandolay said:
:ciao:Long time no see, cubby! Thanks for stopping in!:ciao::ciao:

Those are 2 gallon buckets. I was going to veg the girls to about 2 1/2 - 3 feet (because the tent is 7' high) but I decided 2 gallon buckets wouldn't be big enough for plants that tall :( What size buckets do you think I need for 5' plants?

I know Hammy gets excellent results using 1 gallon smart pots, but for my first bean to bud indoor grow I'm using 5 gallon smart pots. The reason I'm using 5 gallon pots is simply that's what I have sitting around. I bought 200 of them on E-bay so I could grow some kitchen herbs and hot peppers on my deck.
I also used them to grow some Auto Ak-47, 5 plants per 5gallon smart pot,
worked out pretty good. They do dry out fast though.
Best of luck to ya' Art, I'll be looking in on this one.
You've certainly come along way from the cardboard box days.

HemperFi said:
He isn't bragging -- he CAN grow a 5' plant in a one gallon pot. Why on Earth would anyone brag about that though. The plant would be over nuted, root bound, and probably a bit on the whispy side, but anyone could do it. My question is WHY?

Peace

Why wld you come into Art's GJ and post crap like this? How old are you again?
Not to mention if you bothered to look at the plants I grow in one gallon pots you wld know that everything you just posted is wrong. Epic fail on your part bro. Not sure what your problem is...I don't see where I posted anything having to do with you or your grow since you asked for some "latitude". You can take swipes at me all you want...it shows your true character.

What can i say for the man with the foil hat ? SmartPots rock :rolleyes:. Good luck with that grow :aok:

HemperFi said:

Peace

I wish I could grow in one gallon pots. I would get so many more in my flower room, there is no way I can grow in anything but 5 gallon smart pots. I have always been envious of Hamster for his small pot giftedness,
Hemper the question should be why not? Everyone should grow however they desire here at MP.

I can't believe the whole world knows about these smart pots except me :D :joint: Actually, that's typical for me :rofl: Thanks everyone, I'm off to read about them and order them! :hubba: It's great to have friends ;)

Edit: Ok! I see them. Are they reusable? I should be able to run over to the hydro store Saturday :hubba:

Irish said:

grow is looking good friend.:)

ok, heres a tip for ya. i'd secure both ends of that flystrip. just a fyi. thier dangerous when you poke your head in for a lil peek, and it can be like a brutal attack on a grower. think i'm joshing? just look at these two...:p

:rofl: Irish :rofl: I do tape a heavy wingnut to the bottom to stabilize them a bit. They're a pain in the neck at times, as you say. But I never grow without them down here :hubba: The proof is in the pudding err... tape. I use wide flat ones laying on the floor, too.

ArtVandolay said:
I can't believe the whole world knows about these smart pots except me :D :joint: Actually, that's typical for me :rofl: Thanks everyone, I'm off to read about them and order them! :hubba: It's great to have friends ;)

Edit: Ok! I see them. Are they reusable? I should be able to run over to the hydro store Saturday :hubba:

Yes Art they are reusable....I soak them in hot soapy water and hand wash them between grows, since the wife told me she wld break my kneck if I put them in our washer machine.:D

PuffinNugs said:
lol mine always sticks to my back on my shirt or in my hair, owrst part is i havent took it down in 2 years and its covered in gnats and the like so they stick in my hair after pulling it out.

Exactly :rofl: Mine is so full of bugs I'm going to use it for fish bait :D

Hamster Lewis said:
Yes Art they are reusable....I soak them in hot soapy water and hand wash them between grows, since the wife told me she wld break my kneck if I put them in our washer machine.:D

Hammy, I think our wives are sisters :rofl:

Rosebud said:
I wish I could grow in one gallon pots. I would get so many more in my flower room, there is no way I can grow in anything but 5 gallon smart pots. I have always been envious of Hamster for his small pot giftedness,
Hemper the question should be why not? Everyone should grow however they desire here at MP.

That's true roseBud -- sorry -- but in my oppinion a 1 gal pot just isn't big enough to get all you can get out of a plant. Hammy does a wonderful job with his little specialty grows -- I just believe he could do better and get better buds in bigger pots. IMO

no offence intended

I'm old enough to have an opinion. :)

Hamster Lewis said:
Why wld you come into Art's GJ and post crap like this? How old are you again?
Not to mention if you bothered to look at the plants I grow in one gallon pots you wld know that everything you just posted is wrong. Epic fail on your part bro. Not sure what your problem is...I don't see where I posted anything having to do with you or your grow since you asked for some "latitude". You can take swipes at me all you want...it shows your true character.

Sorry Art, I have read all of your grows Hammy -- all three of them -- epic fail? Bro? How old am I? I wasn't flaming you Hamster -- I was only stating my opinion um, Brosuf

I have seen the plants.

HemperFi said:
Sorry Art, I have read all of your grows Hammy -- all three of them -- epic fail? Bro? How old am I? I wasn't flaming you Hamster -- I was only stating my opinion um, Brosuf

I have seen the plants.

Lol...yeah I only hve done 3 grows. Wrong again.

"over nuted, root bound and on the whispy side" yeah that sounds like an opinion not your failed attempt at flaming me.:rolleyes:

It's okay...if slamming me some how floats your boat then good for you. I can't help but wonder why though since I hve not commented a single time to anything you hve posted since you threw that bitchfit in your GJ weeks ago.
I didn't come to Art or anyone else's thread and try and be a smartass....you did that. I hve left you alone from the moment you asked.

Art I apologize for this and don't know why HF brought this crap into your journal....he cld hve done it in my GJ if he needed to try and flame me so badly. If you need me to delete any of my posts please pm me and I will.

I didn't "come down" on anyone who has been growing for many years. I agree with you totally. I hope by my third grow I can have an opinion. Until then I will just read and learn. I would love to see the root ball from a six ft plant in a one gallon bucket -- smart or otherwise. Teach me.

Peace

Hammy said:
...Art I apologize for this and don't know why HF brought this crap into your journal....he cld hve done it in my GJ if he needed to try and flame me so badly. If you need me to delete any of my posts please pm me and I will....

Don't apologize to me Hammy ;) You're welcome 'round these parts anytime ;) I may pick up some 1 gal smart pots, too :rofl: Maybe we can get 4u2 to get a 1 gal smart pot fun growoff going?

Latest posts

Back