Third Time's The Charm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonwolf

Unrepentant Hippie
Reaction score
After an unsuccessful first grow and a second one that was a qualified success, I'm starting my third crop. I'm germinating three seeds each of (1) Ice and (2) a Mazar Afghan cross (both from marijuanaseeds.nl).

For the record I've got a 400 Watt switchable light. Since this is a closet grow, heat is a big issue for me. (I'm thinking about augmenting my lighting with a UFO LED but haven't decided for sure yet.) I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Breeze and will be using Fox Farm nutrients when it's time.

I'm still at the front end of the learning curve but I'd like to think this has a shot at turning out to be a pretty good crop.

IMG_0169.jpg

Looks like you got yourself some sexy strains. I hope everything goes like your second grow did. :). good luck and have fun. Keep us posted.

Wow, that sucks. Too close to the lamps? Winston said his second grow was a qualified success, which hopefully means he also has learned some lessons ;).

By "accidental" I mean not exactly legal burning of things other than garbage. No, sir, wasn't garbage at all.:hubba:

A brief history: My first grow was a complete failure for a variety of reasons including temps that were too high, lights that were too close, and a harvest that was too early. My second grow addressed all of those problems somewhat but not entirely. The yield was sub par, the potency was decent. As I've said before, I still consider myself at the beginning end of the learning curve but while I am still learning, I'm approaching this third grow with more confidence and understanding than I've ever had before. (And that is in no small measure the result of advice I've received here on this forum. There are a few senior members here whose input has been invaluable to me.)

Good luck on your grow buddy, sounds like you've done enough preparation to make sure that the third time is a charm. Have some green mojo and keep those pic's comin'

Put my rockwool cubes into small containers today for early vegging...

IMG_0191.jpg

Six outta six germinations--hope your gender luck is just as strong.

I moved the little ones under the MH light the other day. All three of the Ice plants seem to be flourishing. The Mazar x Afghan aren't doing quite as well. All three seem less robust and two of them look downright questionable. I only have a 400 Watt setup so I wouldn't mind losing a couple of plants... if all the rest turn out to be girls! Stay tuned...

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

When we left our intrepid protagonist, he'd germinated six seeds -- three Ice and three Mazar x Afghan. Mere days later, the sad news: Two of the Mazar x Afghan babies are with us no more. As they used to say in the old days, they failed to thrive. The remaining Mazar x Afghan is doing okay; the three Ice babies all seem to be doing fine.

So we will move forward, a smaller family than we were before but even more determined to persevere.

Actually, as I've noted before, I only have one 400 Watt lamp at the moment, so four plants is about all I can handle anyway. The trick now, however, is to see how my M/F ratio works out.

how old are those now? i am growing 2 those strains plus two more. just was curious of a timeline. how long since the popped through the soil?

225smokestack said:
how old are those now? i am growing 2 those strains plus two more. just was curious of a timeline. how long since the popped through the soil?

My first post was 2/16, so within a day or two of then.

225smokestack said:

Am I correct in assuming you got the value pack from marijuanaseeds.nl?

Hey Winston,

That ICE is a sexy plant, I put 6 of those beans in the towels last night, I also put 6 BubbleGum in the towels also..... I have 4 healthy (2 culled) Crystal vegging now, one of which is a tripod (hopefully a female :hubba: ).

As you can see I got a couple of those multipacks from MS.NL also ;)

Watch out for that Mazar Cross. I saw another journal on here where he was growing one of them and it went absolutely NUTZ!!!! Slow to finish and Stretched like crazy in bloom..... When done with it, he said he would not grow it again..... From that description, it sounds like a candidate for an outdoor monster though 8) hehehe...

Good Luck on the grow,

Latest posts

Back