Tight space help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruTHC

Reaction score
haha ok i know im dealing with alot of plants and little space, i figured i have 6 plants and mayb some will have balls and get thrown out. anyway my grow box is 2x2x4ft tall, my 10gal bucket is laying horizontally. from the cup to the wall is about 10in on the sides. my plants are spaced about 3-4in away from eachother. the 28days old plant is starting to covering the 13days old plant. my biggest plant is about 5in tall. i was wondering what can i do to grow those babies in such tight space. is that too short to do some training or pruning? o and the box fan will probably be taken out. i'll prolly return it to the store. any help would be great. thanks in advance!

3-22.JPG

are you in REM???dreamstate,yo have room for 1 unhappy plant , doent take the fan its the only hope for these little ladies

u got enough room for a few plants if u LST them. You should start training them now so the stem wont be so stiff, but however you can still do it when they are.i stated LST on my biggest plant 2day and the stem waz vary stiff but i got it low enough, nice lil arch in the stem.
If u do train make sure u use a counter tie so u wont pull the roots up while bending. Jus a piece of sting to keep the base of your plant str8. and you should no problems
P.S KEEP THE FAN!!!!!! or take it back and get a smaller 1. i use them dual fans with the intake and outtake switch

hey guys, thanks for the info. ok the fan is staying, i mite get a strong small oscillating fan that has a clip. but heres a pic of my plants 7days later. im sorry can u tell me what u mean by counter tie? like tie one at the bottom and tie one at the top? and its good to bend them little by little right? thanks again!

Before new nute 3-30 (2).JPG

o and that little plant u see there..im prolly gonna put it in soil and let it do whatever it want, but im gonna replace it wit tomato, i need to show my in-law im actually growing tomatoes

Tie the bottom of the plant with string to the edge of the pot so it can keep the stem str8

i did some pruning and LST. how does it look? the plant on the top right have alot of smaller leaves toward the bottom looks like new growth. should i prune the leaves on the top to give the lower leaves light?

4-2 LST.JPG

4-2 pruned.JPG

nope dont prune. what i do with LST i tie everything back that blocks light. leaves and budsites big time!!!!! they will grow above most of the leaves, but there will be sites that need light also you will greatly increas yeild. im doing lst now and at 3ina half weeks i counted 8 new colas and sence ima let them veg for 2 months and/or it's 12 or 15". but dont prune jus pull them back and let the light get to the new growth.

ahh i see, ok i will do more lst. BFOK do u happen to have any pic? i know wut u are saying but i just wanna see how u lst. well cuz i nail gunned a nail from the outside in then bend/curve the nail a lil then i brought the tie thing at home depot, it look like the wire to tie trash bag, but i got it where the garden is so i think its safe for plants. thanks

i checked out ur thread, i see how u tie to the pot, but im using styro cups. mayb i can slit the side of my lid and tie it there. i did alot of tying last nite, i think the plants get more lights but here a is pic. i know those twist tie look ugly but they're so easy to use. i also brought some hemp ties too.

4-3 first day of LST.JPG

4-3 first day of LST (1).JPG

ok i have updated pic, just took it 5min ago. the plant looks greener but i did move the light down. i shoulda known better cuz it was light green now it dark green. but no nute burn didnt noticed any stress. mayb u can tell me if u see anything i dont see. ph drop from 5.5 to 4.7 so i raised it back up to 5.5. ppm 250. the new leaves from main stem growing. but not as rapid as b4. i dont know if thats cuz plants is older that why they dont grow fast like crazy but i think they look healthy.

4-3 11pm.JPG

im glad the thread help u out, instead of putting a slit in the cup put a lil hole in it and tie it like that. i did the slit and it losen up wjen u grab it

nicenice, i actually just did some prunning, a lil cant hurt. just get them big *** leafs right at the stem. like 2 or 3 on each gal might do em good~

There looking great TRU. From what i read it not really good to cut them big leaves. Thats where they catch most of there light.Dont wanna stress it cause u'll be pissed with the results. Jus pull um back and u'll get the same results as clipping,IMOH.

thanks BFOK, i hope they gonna be as good as they look. but i talked to a friend and he told me to cut the big leaves at the bottom cuz it use up all the N or oxygen or whatever, so i thought it made sense. but now i know, i regret cuttin them because they look bald. theres lots of new leaves coming out from the node but they not rapidly growing like it was b4, another reason i regret pruning. thanks for the info tho. i learned alot.

what are the sticks for in the last picture, are your stems weak? I wouldnt think you would need them if you are doing lst

Hey TRU hows things going wit the LST???? i got pics of my new grow up now and you can really see what needs to be done. By the way when the new growth gets big enough youll have to tie them down so the new bud sites get light. keep me updated dawg.

Jbong said:
what are the sticks for in the last picture, are your stems weak? I wouldnt think you would need them if you are doing lst
no, stem is not weak, im using the stick to tie certain part of the stem then LST. just an experiment?

BluntFullOfKush said:
Hey TRU hows things going wit the LST???? i got pics of my new grow up now and you can really see what needs to be done. By the way when the new growth gets big enough youll have to tie them down so the new bud sites get light. keep me updated dawg.
to tell u the truth i dont know how it suppose to look when u LST, well the stem is bending the way i want it to. i guess thats LST, so i think im doing ok wit LST. yea i been tucking the new big leaf under the small new growth. it still not rapidly growing. prolly still stunted. but i do notice it growing. ill have more pic up tonite. i'm at work and its not a safe place to look at the pics so ill check out ur new grow for sure tonite. take it easy.

Latest posts

Back