Tight space help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TruTHC said:
to tell u the truth i dont know how it suppose to look when u LST, well the stem is bending the way i want it to. i guess thats LST, so i think im doing ok wit LST.
:aok:

TruTHC said:
yea i been tucking the new big leaf under the small new growth.

TruTHC said:
it still not rapidly growing. prolly still stunted.
It will take at least a week or two to recover from being "ginsued"

TruTHC said:
but i do notice it growing.

lol AB ur funny, hahaha. thanks for the thumb! i feel better.

here are some new pic, the first pic is my odd plant, well the leaf is broader then all my plants, the other 5 plant's leaf are so much narrower, hopefully this is the only male? haha just dreaming. and the second pic...is this some kind of burn? the 3rd pic is just a pic of my plant. and the other pics are some of the LST i did.

broad leaf.jpg

burn.JPG

DSCN1500.JPG

LST 4-5 (1).JPG

LST 4-5 (2).JPG

LST 4-5.JPG

ok, i mis-read something, for some stupid reason i "thought" i was suppose to let the stem be expose to light. so i LST so the stem would be out of the way to get some lights. ahh i think i was suppose to read that i should tie the big leaf out of the way so the new growth get light. hah, i mite have to re-lst em tonite.

EDITED: when i LST i try to face the top of the plant to the light. i did some reading on LST and i saw a pic of LST, so not really necessary to face the top of the plant toward the light? it will face itself to the light.

TruTHC said:
ok, i mis-read something, for some stupid reason i "thought" i was suppose to let the stem be expose to light. so i LST so the stem would be out of the way to get some lights. ahh i think i was suppose to read that i should tie the big leaf out of the way so the new growth get light. hah, i mite have to re-lst em tonite.

Leave them be! They will be fine. The way you have it, the new branches at the nodes will start to grow and create secondary colas when it comes time to flower.

By the way, you've already cut off the big leaves.....:eek:

TruTHC said:
EDITED: when i LST i try to face the top of the plant to the light. i did some reading on LST and i saw a pic of LST, so not really necessary to face the top of the plant toward the light? it will face itself to the light.

Yes, it will turn itself toward the light.

thanks AB, im just a freaking-out-noob. i'll be ok wit all the nice ppl helping me out...eventually..

i got some new LST pic, does the first pic look ok? or should i bend it lower? im trying not to face it to the light just to see how it would face the light it self.

LST 4-7 (2).JPG

LST 4-5.JPG

LST 4-7 (1).JPG

try to get it lower, as low as u can. see how i did it on mine. i know u dont have them in pots, can u maybe put tacs or a few nails in whatever u have them in. u jus need to get it lower then the new growth. preety soon the the secondary tops as i call them will be the same hight as the top.it'll be kinda like haveing more the 1 plant growing. so many tops, youll have to tie them dont next.

BluntFullOfKush said:
try to get it lower, as low as u can. see how i did it on mine. i know u dont have them in pots, can u maybe put tacs or a few nails in whatever u have them in. u jus need to get it lower then the new growth. preety soon the the secondary tops as i call them will be the same hight as the top.it'll be kinda like haveing more the 1 plant growing. so many tops, youll have to tie them dont next.
sorry i look at ur new grow but i cant really see the LST its so leafy. all i see is the string u use. wut u mean by tacs or nail? i mean where do i put it? but i will LST it way lower. o i think i know wut u mean, i'll need to put lower nails on the side of my box? sorry i need lots of help and always have lots of newbie/stupid question.

not stupid questions. yea i mean get it to the side of ya boxes(tacs or nails). What u saw are mine are the results of the LST. It make ya plants vary bushy. soon i wont have to pull the leaves back cause the tops will be above the leaves. then tie the tops down so the growth on them gets light.ima update my grow wit better pics, ima use my wife mothers cam to take better shots the useing the phone

ahh i see, yea i was thinking its so bushy. it looks good. i lowered 3 of my plants and i'm trying LST on my 1 soil plant, its 23days old. how does it look?

EDIT:i checked about 8hr later and saw it facing the light. i was like wow. cool. cant wait to check on these tomorrow

4-8 first day of LST (1).JPG

4-8 first day of LST.JPG

4-8 first day of LST (3).JPG

lst 4-8 (1).JPG

lst 4-8.JPG

i see some purpling on the new growth, is this normal or should i be concern? plants are 30 days old. under 400watt mh 13'' away. i should've check the ppm when i topped off and adjusted pH. ugh.

BTW, those crystals looking like thing...are they crystals or just the look of the plant? i thought i wont see any crystal until i flower. but those stem looking tasty. if its male imma make some tea.

4-7 purple (1).JPG

4-7 purple (2).JPG

4-7 purple.JPG

it looks good. now try to have the plant follow the rim of the plant. by the time u get 1/2way around the pot you'll might have to transplant to a bigger pot.in the 2nd pic i seewhere i have it tied at. u might wanna tighten the string up around the base of the plant. the steam will grow around it, look at as haveing a ring on ya finger and u gain weight your skin will push up around the ring and when u take it off you'll have an indent of your ring, the same thing will happen with the string and ya plant. What i do to make it tight, is make a noose thats the best way i found out to make it as tight as possible.
gotta update my grow, it aint like no1 really cares tho . new pics l8ter on today

thank jbong, thanks a great article, and thank bfok for pointing out that ring thing, i was curious of how tight shoul di make the twist thing, now i know.

BluntFullOfKush said:
u might wanna tighten the string up around the base of the plant. the steam will grow around it, look at as haveing a ring on ya finger and u gain weight your skin will push up around the ring and when u take it off you'll have an indent of your ring, the same thing will happen with the string and ya plant. What i do to make it tight, is make a noose thats the best way i found out to make it as tight as possible.

I have to disagree here. Making the noose so tight that it makes a dent (like a ring on a finger) and the stem has to grow around the string is a bad idea. How would creating a thin spot in the stem help the plant? Seems to me it will restrict the nutrient/water flow up the stem.

I do the exact opposite. I pinch the stems so that they get THICKER. That has been shown to make bigger buds.

Here is a pic of my last LST job (1 plant, vegged for 5 weeks, 6 oz. dried). Sorry I don't have close-ups of the tie-down points.

Harvest2.jpg

TruTHC said:
thank jbong, thanks a great article, and thank bfok for pointing out that ring thing, i was curious of how tight shoul di make the twist thing, now i know.

no problem, glad I could help

AlienBait said:
How would creating a thin spot in the stem help the plant? Seems to me it will restrict the nutrient/water flow up the stem.
that make alot of sense.

AlienBait said:
I do the exact opposite. I pinch the stems so that they get THICKER. That has been shown to make bigger buds.
i cant picture the pinching. can u explain to me a lil more please or how-to

sorry i just listen to any IYO and do any IYO unless somebody disagree with it. thank again AB

Pinching is sometimes called Supercropping. That is when you pinch the stem between the nodes.

With the stem between your thumb and index finger, squeeze until you feel the stem crack. When the stem heals, it will heal thicker than it was.

I don't recommend you do it on this grow. With this one, just get through it and get some bud. On your next one, try some different techniques.

i have some new LST pic, i think they looking good. i did something i dont know if its normal but after seeing the top facing the light i lowered it some more. its exactly 1 month old, i think im gonna flower when its time to change neut
(prolly in 2-3days), i just topped off last nite and add a lil more nute. i added 5ml micro,10ml grow and 3ml bloom. don't ask me why i choose that amount:confused: the plant is growing fast again. its soo bushy again, after pruning i was sad looking at it cuz it look so bald. i can see the lid of my bucket now i cant again. the plant is drinking soo much more water now. most i ever notice. hey thanks for sticking around with me guys :aok: !!!

LST 4-9 (1).JPG

LST 4-9 (2).JPG

LST 4-9.JPG

Latest posts

Back