Tonic Water for Co2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebest

Reaction score
Just a quick question, should I, and can I be using bottle tonic water/carbonated water in a spray bottle to give the plant Co2, or is this not an effective procedure. I heard of people doing this, I thought before I give it a try, I thought I should ask.

One of the pretty professional grow video's I have recommended it, so I've been doing it in my grow. Seems to work fine, I certainly haven't noticed any downsides. Just make sure you get plain Sparkling water, not Tonic water. Tonic water will often have sugar and Quinine in it, stuff you don't want to be spraying on your plant. Just make sure the only ingredient is carbonated water. Also, don't bother pouring the carbonated water in the spray bottle. Just screw the spray nozzle onto the bottle of sparkling water. That'll save some of the carbonation from escaping.

IMHO, most grows do not need added CO2. If you have adequate ventilation and are exchanging the air in the room often enough, your plants are getting enough CO2. The only real advantage I see to added CO2 is that you can keep the room warmer than without.

Latest posts

Back