Too many girls.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight_toker

Reaction score
I expected at least half of my bagseed grow to be male, but only one was. I have 4 obvious females unless they hermie on me. I have them LSTed in a very small cabinet- the grow space is only 3 ft tall by 2 ft deep by 3 ft wide. The current LST height of them, colas and all, is pretty darn short (no more then 1 ft each) and they've been in flower 2 weeks now (time from 1st one showing pistils). I know they are going to outgrow the little cabinet SOON.

I was hoping for just 2 females, but apparently I was far more blessed. I'm happy, but what to do now? I could go shopping for a bigger cabinet and spend another 20-30 bucks bux (thanks, Goodwill), or I can just kill 2 of them now. How to choose though? How to know which will rock and which won't? 2 have 8 colas. 1 has 5 colas and one has 2 colas (but looks to be my only sativa dominant one). If I kill the ones with the fewest colas, I might kill the best ones, who knows? Next time around though, I am sure going to have a big enough cabinet (and also not going to be growing from bagseed, but clones instead, so I won't have to grow so many.)

Let this be a lesson to all newbies like myself- they'll get bigger and you'll need way more space than you think. WAY more.

Hello MT :)

midnight_toker said:
Let this be a lesson to all newbies like myself- they'll get bigger and you'll need way more space than you think. WAY more.

Aint that the truth!

I have been where you are, ended up having no choice but to kill flowering plants simply because I had no space.

If you kill a couple you will never know if they were the best or you chose the worst plants, the 2 you kill could be scrawny weak troublesome plants, then again they could be big budders.

You will never know, what we dont know doesnt upset us.

have you got the room to expand?

For another $50 you could end up with another 4 ounces.

Can you buy 4 ounces for $50? ;)

If you have room, I personally would expand.

If you do not have the room, then go and find a hiding place outside somewhere and let nature look after them, if they are found or are eaten or die, then no big loss, you were going to kill them anyway :aok:

Look at the overall plants, pick the bushiest strongest looking plants to keep.

:peace:

Congrats on the girls and I hear ya but it's a good problem to have! ;) I don't know how you cab growers do it... I'm in a 2x4x8 closet and it's a challenge I enjoy but I can't imagine going any smaller... especially vertically. There's a natural growth inhibitor called Bushmaster I've been using and if you want to read more go to the 'Cultivation' section and I have a thread called Mazar SCROG - too many buds? or something like that... It might help.

I'm not clairvoyant either and you're right about not knowing which ONE is the best pheno. That's true regardless of bagseed or known genetics as there is always some variance in phenos. I just did 4 girls from bagseed and got 2 keeper strains out of the grow. One I knew early on was da shanizzle but the other 3 looked like the same mystery strain and one of them was the clear winner but I didn't find out until the last couple of weeks.

Can you come up with some type of veg space to keep the other 2 on 'hold'? If you don't have much space for veg you could always take a few clones from each of the other two and perpetuate the genetics that way until you have time to flower them properly and see what the real deal is.

Happy Growing!:cool:

i am willing to foster them. :D
or give em up for adoption.:heart: :baby: :ciao:

Latest posts

Back