Too much weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
Am from Mass. Our area is saturated with new and old growers. We are only a medical mj state, but getting a registration card is fairly easy. Once you get it, deliveries to your door. Online price cutting to whatever it takes. From what I have seen and heard, the cops have backed off mj prosecutions until after this falls elections. Laws or lack of may finally be in place. I am amazed at the openness and unprecedented amount of weed around. Anyone in the area seeing same?? I was really hoping to get a little supplemental income from growing weed after this fall. Recreational should pass. After seeing this price cutting, I don't think it's gonna be worth while. It could get worse before it gets better. Think I read in Washington state, they were burning (trashing) mj. because of oversupply of product. Not sure on that..

Street pot in my neighborhood is 200 an oz dispensaries can be anywhere around 300 but highly taxed..I haven't heard of anyone trashing pot here in WA..

thought i read that about 8 months ago. u would know better. i heard about our caregivers online. checked it out and prices were cheap and competition was heavy. some had edibles, oils etc. also got a grow store moving lots of weed locally. not a pharmacy, a lights and soil store. started selling clones. now sells weed. lots!

LOL, if they are burning it, it is in a series of very small fires.

As long as there are empty mason jars and ziplock baggies on the shelf there ain't to much weed imho.

.....got out of the dispensary on 4/ 20 with an Oz of great weed for $ 83. I had a full 1/2 Oz punch card and 20%off for 4/20.....yep punch card buy 10 get one free....
Grasshopper ....I will be headed back to Ma.soon, last time I was there I thought that weed was rather pricey...maybe just the pirates that I dealt with:)....was really good though.....

I have seen too much weed, growers who grow outdoors or in greenhouses, back in the days when I would go places where they grow in order to find cheaper deals, I have seen rooms full to the top and barrels filled. The best deals one could get is where they grew it, you just had to have enough cash to buy what the growers would consider the minimum. If it were only for the cost of buying weed, I would not be growing because I had access to growers who do wholesale. I wanted to be less risk + consistent good product of my choice + a great hobby :) it is not always the quantity of something that matters.

If ya ain't got the dank you won't be surviving. Everybody growing price goes down, until the the dank shows up and crushes the mediocre growers and raises the price again.

If ya ain't got the dank you won't be surviving. Everybody growing price goes down, until the the dank shows up and crushes the mediocre growers and raises the price again.

We have never had alota weed. Summers was always dry. Got dank, dank loaded in area. Medical for $200... Top shelf was $400, 2 yrs ago. Weed price has been continually falling. Saying weed moving in from outa state as well. When our law backed way off. Weed flourished. Also, many sellers of edibles, oils etc. On caregiver sites, delivered. Many, if not most have not experienced yet. Guess it will cycle as you say... November will be exciting.

My long time delivery service is closing it's business this month. They were very professional and I will miss them. I didn't use them much, but sure liked them, the new laws forced them to close.

The dispensary here in RI has slashed their prices on flowers to as low as $28/eighth...and $7.60/gram, but if you want the higher THC strains its still $50-55/eighth.
I will say that the other patients I know don't contact me as often as they used to. Whether this is the reason or not.

I agree with Zem that the hobby as well as being able to grow the strains I want to will keep me growing as long as I am physically able. The one plus to not being able to get rid of your bud as fast is how amazing it is after a really long cure...:48:

My only wish would be for our medical regulations to allow for growing outdoors. Which would let you save on the electric bill during the summer

Here in Cali it has long been a debate whether indoor is better than outdoor. Outdoor is less than half of indoor out here in regards to price and quality. And you can tell the difference immediately by looking.

HOW?? i can't finish all the way o.d. because of mold issues (rainy season). How does one SEE it was grow outdoors in cali ??

I say outdoor Greenhouse.

I tried that last year WH and lost 85% of a 7' monster American Dream plant to PM. In New England if you can find a strain that will finish mid September then you are OK, but anything that goes into October is a crapshoot.
Unless you have a commercial style geenhouse with all the bells and whistles. And with the laws the way they are its an investment gamble imho....:48:

I tried that last year WH and lost 85% of a 7' monster American Dream plant to PM. In New England if you can find a strain that will finish mid September then you are OK, but anything that goes into October is a crapshoot.
Unless you have a commercial style geenhouse with all the bells and whistles. And with the laws the way they are its an investment gamble imho....:48:

i tried a greenhouse in winter and it went pretty well. basically space the plants and raise them from ground. i had them at 1.5ft height tables with couple of oscillating fans and some windows around them, intake/exhaust were passive, I am not in new england, but I think you can get by with enough venting. try and give them as much outside air exposure as possible by leaving enough vents and spacing

I can grow anything in a greenhouse and have.
Man ive grown some huge tomatoes and Peppers in greenhouse conditions.
Like Zem said,,,ya gotta have good air flow and light.
Hell ya need that in any grow. Yehaaaaaaaaa

greenhouse= free sun + protection from the elements. Always grow MONSTERS o.d.. problem is MOLD!! Also staking monster plants is a challenge o.d. (wind).. huge buds, huge harvest with little attention. Would LOVE to go grnh. don't give up on greenhouse bud.

Grasshopper I have heard good things about a strain Holland's Hope....supposed to be very mold resistant...haven't grown it myself but I would love to find some seeds..

Latest posts

Back